Lets play a game!

25 years old, 5' 1", pastry chef, married. I visit my 2 years old niece almost everyday, shop a lot after work, don't cook so no grocery shopping, have lots of cards to carry with, need to have iphone and blackberry at all time and love love love to go out for drinks and dinner. I also travel as much as we can! My closet is filled with earthy tone but complete with every style :graucho: TIA

ps. i love this thread :heart:

Wow, very interesting! Since you basically carry cards and 2 phones and lead a fun life, I'd say a jumbo with satement color in caviar suits your lifestyle. M/L could work too but maybe a bit crampy with 2 phones.. but definately a colored flap. That's my humble opinion.

p.s. i thought this thread would be fun too especially if many others would put their opinion.. you could too! : D

i'm a 28 years old city girl, mother of a 5 months old....works as a personal assistant
i already own a black caviar jumbo and a metallic quilted fan flap...now looking for a new bag... what is good for me?

i'm a 28 years old city girl, mother of a 5 months old....works as a personal assistant
i already own a black caviar jumbo and a metallic quilted fan flap...now looking for a new bag... what is good for me?

Congrats on your new baby! :smile:

IMHO, since you already have 2 flaps for 'when going out without the baby', what about something you can use 'when going out with the baby'? If you like flap, cambon flap tote bag is roomy enough for all baby essential.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62907&d=1157250590
Picture courtesy of Michele from the reference thread.

Or if you like something more casual and can be used both on the shoulder and cross body, timeless CC tote is perfect for going out with the baby too!
Here's a thread by pilateswork on the bag

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/i-am-crazy-love-my-new-bag-lots-597268.html

Hi guys, this is great!

So I'm a newbie to Chanel, and have no idea where to even begin. This thread is perfect for us new gals! So here are my stats...

I just turned 30 and live in Maryland, work for the government during the day and in grad school 2 nights a week. Honestly, I probably would only carry it when I'm going out, on the weekends or special occasions. What bag is right for me?

Last edited:
^ Well, I personally think that if you need something for special occasion, a classic M/L flap in black lambskin and GHW is the best. It is evergreen, versatile and can be worn many ways to suit your outfit. You will be able to use this bag for a long, long time at any age. But if you think you wont be needing anything else when going out but some cash, credit cards and a lipstick, you can get away with WOC. But personally I think M/L is a better bet!

Hope this helps and fellow PFers please feel free to comment

I'm a young-ish over 40 working woman, who is single and works in a business casual office. My style is classic, well dressed but a little whimsy and ruffles. I enjoy hanging out with friends for drinks, art museums, shows, shopping, etc. I usually carry a small make-up bag, iphone, LV long wallet, a set of keys, tissues, hand lotion, pin,pencil.

Note: I already have a M/L black caviar flap with SHW and a dark blue 226 reissue.

What should I add next to my collections? I tend to be a shoulder bag kinda girl.

^ Hi there! You sound like a flap girl to me. Since you already have 2 double flaps, why not venture into the single flap zone? A jumbo perhaps if not a maxi or even the accordion flap. Judging from what you carry, maxi is perfect!