Laser hair removal......let's discuss!

^ THANK YOU for your review - it is helping me a lot - I have very fair skin that tans well as I'm mixed nationalities and I have dark hair. I have follicles right up on each other on my legs with 4 to 5 shafts of hair coming out of each spot... how big is the circumference of the laser spot - will it take forever to do 1 leg? $600 is still a lot but way cheaper than the clinic and you can do any spot on your body. Do you think the laser loses power and strength over many months? So it has been about 3 months and you have seen good results - that seems fair and hopeful... I'm going to wait a bit but I think I will go for it.

... any other reviews?

came back to give an update - my initial assessment was too conservative! with all the traveling i haven't had time to do treatment #3 yet, but i see a very noticeable difference in regrowth - i'm pretty impressed!

it will take quite a long time to do each leg, but just think of it this way - you only have to do it for this one period of 8 months, and then that's pretty much it! i'm sure over the long term there will probably be areas that need touchups, but it shouldn't be too bad.

planning on doing the third round soon, will report back afterwards! (^(oo)^)

Janeen, the actual size that each laser pulse covers is something like a penny, and the manufacturer recommends that each pulse be about 50% overlapped with the previous pulse. I think the book said something like 25 pulses per square inch.... which is a lot.

It takes maybe 45 minutes to do a leg? I'm not sure. The thing always craps out and needs recharging before I can get through a whole leg.

Janeen, the actual size that each laser pulse covers is something like a penny, and the manufacturer recommends that each pulse be about 50% overlapped with the previous pulse. I think the book said something like 25 pulses per square inch.... which is a lot.

It takes maybe 45 minutes to do a leg? I'm not sure. The thing always craps out and needs recharging before I can get through a whole leg.

that's so odd - i can get through both legs in one charge :confused1:

maybe it's because i'm so short? :P

^^ Ha ha! That's cute. I'm not sure why I can't get both done with one charge. I think I probably go over the same places multiple times because I don't want to miss any. You use yours on the highest setting, right, piggy? I assume the charge gets used up faster the higher the setting, but who knows.

^^ Ha ha! That's cute. I'm not sure why I can't get both done with one charge. I think I probably go over the same places multiple times because I don't want to miss any. You use yours on the highest setting, right, piggy? I assume the charge gets used up faster the higher the setting, but who knows.

actually, i think i figured it out - do you do it continuously? the fan kinda freaks me out, so whenever it goes on, i take a little break to let it cool - maybe the fan uses up a lot of power?

Ok so I'm really glad I just found this thread. I actually just found a deal where I could get my bits and underarms done for $1275 (it was a buy one area, get one free). But $595 looks A LOT better. So is there anyone that doesn't recommend it? I'm about to pull the trigger but kind of nervous. And if you purchase it from Nordstroms does the return period last longer?

^ Good questions!

Thank you lvpiggy, nerdybirdy, and schadenfruede for your updates and advice.

Everyone please keep it coming - I'm pretty ready to purchase - I'll have to look at my finances (see siggie) and hopefully purchase it before the end of the year... I've already been in the sun this year and am tanned, so it would kind of be a waste to get it now if I can't use it yet.

Aha! Maybe that's it. I keep going through the fan. It probably does use a lot of power.

try poppin it in the fridge for a couple of minutes before u use it - that's what i do!:biggrin: plus i noticed when the tip gets hot, it actually hurts a little more for me than when the tip is cooler (^(oo)^)

thank you!!! my tria update after 9 months of use (1-2 treatments per month on high) is that i have about 1/2 the hair!! exciting!!!

i though they promise you 60% hair reduction after the first use? i just got my tria and i finish using it at my bikinilines, arm hair and stomach area. after 1 weak only a few hair at my bikinilines falling out. the rest is no difference. if its keep going like this i assume it will take like a year to get rid of the 50% hair and i was planning to be hair free this summer....

I never read any claims as dramatic as "60% reduction after one use". Perhaps you misread an advertisement? I think the manufacturer claims something like 80% hair reduction AFTER the recommended 8 months of treatment. Hmmm? Not sure.

I never read any claims as dramatic as "60% reduction after one use". Perhaps you misread an advertisement? I think the manufacturer claims something like 80% hair reduction AFTER the recommended 8 months of treatment. Hmmm? Not sure.

nor have i . . . :shrugs:

In the "what to expect" section of the materials included with my tria, it says:

After 1 month:
there will be no visible change to the hair or the appearance of the skin

After 2-3 months:
Progressive results. You will begin to see a visible reduction in the amount of re-growth