Laser hair removal......let's discuss!

that cream is for after it right? i mean a gel that u can apply on ur skin and then use ur tria over it. cause before i had my tria, they put a gel over my skin and use the device on my skin with the gel over it.

the cream is a numbing cream. you apply it an hour beforehand, let it absorb, then wash it off right before your treatment. you do NOT leave it on your skin while treating. it definitely numbs the area, the first time i used it i was poking away at myself and couldn't feel a thing . . . kinda feels like when you get novacaine @ the dentist and you can't feel your gums, KWIM?

it shouldn't have any impact on the effectiveness of the tria, since it gets washed off before use. a number of laser hair removal clinics recommend it to their clients. i follow the instructions listed on the baylor college of medicine's website for application:

http://www.bcm.edu/dermatology/?PMID=2334

Last edited:
thanks to all those who have tried this for updating with results. keep them coming. i have been thinking about laser for a long time but the prices have kept me from doing it. i like how this is definitely much cheaper and also can be done in the privacy of your own home. I'm definitely going to be doing as much research on this as i can!

I just had my second treatment done today on my lower legs, upper lip, and sides of face. I did this DURING MY PERIOD, WITHOUT ANY CREAMS, ICE, OR PAINKILLERS, and experienced no pain. :yahoo:

One treatment in and hair growth was retarded about 50%! I didn't need to shave for another month and a half. Great news for me since I usually end up shaving two or three times a week.

Ok so I just ordered mine and should have it in a few days. It's a big purchase so I hope it works!! Actually more than anything I hope I can tolerate the pain enough so that it works. But I am planning on ordering the lmx cream too. I'll keep everyone on here updated on how it works!

I have a question. Did ALL of your hairs fall out within weeks of your treatments or was it patchy/stripey? I just had a treatment and in one area only a few patches of hair fell out. In other areas I had long stripes of hair left. I thought ALL of it was supposed to fall out signaling an effective treatment.

I've had a lot of my body lasered and I agree it's the best investment ever. I always thought of myself as sensitive to pain, but I didn't think the laser hurt or was painful at all -and I didn't use any anesthetic. Someone here posted that lhr on the underarms was painful.... I didn't feel a thing!

I was considering getting my upper lip done. its not hairy but the hairs are dark and noticeable whenever i wear dark or highly pigmented lipsticks. I'm so scared now since you mentioned burning, i have the worst luck when it comes to facial treatments. How would i go about researching a qualified technician in my area.

piggy, checking in again with another status update! it's now been just over a week since my 3rd round of zapping, and i must say it *appears* that hair regrowth has significantly declined! it definitely looks / feels like more than 50% of the hair is not growing back!!

of course, it will take some time to tell whether the changes are actually permanent, and, since i don't want to inflate peoples' expectations on how quickly it will work, i would also caution that i suspect the effectiveness of the Tria on me may have something to do with what the Tria telephone rep deemed my "perfect combination" of extremely pale skin and black hair (^(oo)^)v

Still waiting for mine...should have it tomorrow so I will give my opinion as soon as I do. I have zip pain tolerance so this shall be interesting. But I ordered the numbing cream and I have lots of wine handy.:biggrin: I'm also kind of dreading my legs...I'm 6 ft tall so it is going to take FOREVER...but hopefully will be worth it!! And I like the magazine idea you gave before...luckily I've stocked up!:biggrin: