Justin Bieber!

7:30AM PST: Justin released a statement, saying ... "Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."

8:40PM PST: Justin Bieber was not in the Ferrari ... sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ. We're told one of Justin's friends was driving and another friend was in the passenger seat.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Gqppays5

How did the photographer get hit? Not paying attention/driving recklessly because he was trying to take pictures? I would have thought he'd hit someone else, not that someone else would hit him.

It tells what happened in the story I posted :yes:
Really tragic. . . but such incredible poor judgement. No one learned anything from Princess Di!?
Justin wasn't even in car!

Lots of links out there. Dude though Biebs was driving while Toking and wanted to get a shot of him getting busted. Ran across a busy road in front of traffic.

If I was the driver of the car that hit him, I'd be suing the service he worked for (if any).

Los Angeles police said the photographer was seen taking pictures of the traffic stop and was ordered by highway patrol officers to return to his car for safety reasons. He was struck by another motorist while trying to cross four lanes of traffic.

Bieber was stopped by police for speeding on a Los Angeles freeway last July, when the Canadian teen sensation told police he was being hounded by paparazzi.

But a Los Angeles judge in November threw out criminal charges against the photographer who was charged in that case under a new California law aimed at cracking down on aggressive photographers and celebrity media. Judge Thomas Robinson called the 2010 law "problematic" and "overly inclusive."

The death on Tuesday brought calls from some other celebrities for a halt to the sometimes 24/7 tracking of their activities at work, home and leisure.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...us-usa-bieber-paparazzi-idUSBRE9010BK20130102

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — Police said charges are unlikely against a driver who struck and killed a paparazzo who had been taking pictures of Justin Bieber’s Ferrari.

The photographer has not been officially identified by police, but TMZ identified him as Chris Guerra, and said he was in his late 20s.

The incident took place around 6 p.m. Tuesday on Sepulveda Boulevard near Getty Center Drive.

Bieber’s sports car had been pulled over on the 405 Freeway by the California Highway Patrol for a traffic stop.

An officer with the CHP directed the driver of Bieber’s car off the freeway and onto Sepulveda.

The photographer, who was following the white Ferrari, got out of his car to take pictures.

Police instructed him to return to his vehicle because it was a dangerous spot of the Sepulveda Pass, with blind spots and speeding cars.

“He seemed reluctant to go back, but eventually he did,” LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said.

“While this photographer returned to the vehicle, it did not appear as if he was looking, and he was struck by a vehicle traveling southbound on Sepulveda.”

http://ktla.com/2013/01/02/celebrit...-while-taking-pictures-of-justin-biebers-car/

He was all excited because he thought he saw Justin smoking weed in the car earlier.
He made phone calls telling people this and telling them he was tailing him all day for this big story.

If Anne Frank had not died a teenager in a Nazi concentration camp in 1945, Justin Bieber hopes she would have been his devoted fan.
That's what Bieber, 19, wrote in the guestbook at the Anne Frank House when he visited there Friday, according to the Amsterdam site.
"Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber," Bieber wrote. The tourist site posted the message on its Facebook page.
Adolescent and teen girls obsessed with the Canadian singer are known as "beliebers."
Bieber, who is in the middle of a European tour, stopped by the Anne Frank House between his concert in Antwerp, Belgium, and a Saturday performance in Arnhem, Netherlands. He told fans on Twitter it was a "chill day."
Bieber visited the house "together with his friends and guards" Friday night, according to the site's official Facebook page. The Anne Frank House confirmed to CNN that its Facebook post carrying Bieber's message was authentic.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/14/showbiz/bieber-anne-frank/index.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/14/justin-bieber-anne-frank-belieber_n_3080547.html

:wtf: So, full disclosure, I've never been a fan of the kid. But when I saw this, I think it elevated to a whole new level of "wtf." What do you all think? While I don't think the comment was meant in a malicious way, but you have to wonder if he or anyone in his entourage stepped back and thought this was a sentiment that could possibly be misconstrued and be seen as trivializing the Holocaust. Anyways, I think the saddest thing is that apparently on social media a lot of his fans have no idea who Anne Frank even is. :shocked::cray:

(However, in all fairness it seems a little strange for the museum to post his comment from the book publicly. I mean, I guess when you write a comment in a guestbook its bound to become public but still....)

If Anne Frank had not died a teenager in a Nazi concentration camp in 1945, Justin Bieber hopes she would have been his devoted fan.
That's what Bieber, 19, wrote in the guestbook at the Anne Frank House when he visited there Friday, according to the Amsterdam site.
"Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber," Bieber wrote. The tourist site posted the message on its Facebook page.
Adolescent and teen girls obsessed with the Canadian singer are known as "beliebers."
Bieber, who is in the middle of a European tour, stopped by the Anne Frank House between his concert in Antwerp, Belgium, and a Saturday performance in Arnhem, Netherlands. He told fans on Twitter it was a "chill day."
Bieber visited the house "together with his friends and guards" Friday night, according to the site's official Facebook page. The Anne Frank House confirmed to CNN that its Facebook post carrying Bieber's message was authentic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/14/justin-bieber-anne-frank-belieber_n_3080547.html

:wtf: So, full disclosure, I've never been a fan of the kid. But when I saw this, I think it elevated to a whole new level of "wtf." What do you all think? While I don't think the comment was meant in a malicious way, but you have to wonder if he or anyone in his entourage stepped back and thought this was a sentiment that could possibly be misconstrued and be seen as trivializing the Holocaust. Anyways, I think the saddest thing is that apparently on social media a lot of his fans have no idea who Anne Frank even is. :shocked::cray:

(However, in all fairness it seems a little strange for the museum to post his comment from the book publicly. I mean, I guess when you write a comment in a guestbook its bound to become public but still....)

As much as I hate to say this, I'm not one bit surprised.

I actually hate the "Anne was a great girl" comment even more. I think his "Belieber" comment is dumb and shows what a egomaniacal twit he is, but the "Anne was a great girl" really trivializes all that she is a symbol for. He should have left it with "It was truly inspiring to be able to visit".