Jay Strongwater Charms! Let's Share Talk & Pics!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just landed an authentic Humphrey Turtle and Cady Crab! Love, love, love the Crab! I don't like seafood and the legs kinda creep me out but hubby is July baby. :P Just wanted to share. These charms are so beautiful. My pics don't do them any justice.

[​IMG]

2. For anyone on the fence about these charms... Just checked in @ NM online and noticed Humphrey the Turtle; Tyler the Giraffe and the Pineapple are now $66!!!!!!! Also, the Birthstone lockets are reduced from $125 to $87! I hope some collectors grab these goodies! I nabbed the Giraffe and the Pineapple! Wish I'd gotten my Turtle from NM now... If you purchase a charm or two let me know if this message helped you. I've NEVER seen these charms on sale!

ETA: Tyler the Giraffe is $59!!!!!!!

3. I nabbed the Turtle and Pineapple :ghi5: Thank you dear!

4. I discovered you folks in the middle of an insomniac night, playing with my iPad. I've been collecting JS charms for years too, and buy them for a charm bracelet I rarely wear, and one each for my handbags.

You all have so many lovely ones. I was trying to think of one I might have that you haven't posted yet. Here's the original elephant charm. His little suitcase keeps falling open, but I love him anyway.
    [​IMG]

5. He's adorable!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum mobile app looking for Bal 2007 Paprika ( Rouille ) City or Part a Time w/GGH, please PM me!'a

6. Thank you! I love your Chow avatar. My sister has a very beautiful, very sweet "Chuskey." He's a Chow/Huskey mix and the best dog ever!

Found a couple other JS charms that are not common any more. My little lion, and my very favorite old bunny!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Thank you! Your sister's " Chusky " sounds like a sweetie! You have the best charms, I just got into collecting 2-3 yrs ago. I love how you match your charms to your Bals, I do that too! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411673487.229516.jpg Mara the Leopard with Rouge Theatre 2005. I'm a Bal gal too. And a Connie to boot!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum mobile app looking for Bal 2007 Paprika ( Rouille ) City or Part a Time w/GGH, please PM me!'a

8. And here's my Buddha! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411676795.862367.jpg

9. So glad I was able to help someone. :biggrin:

10. I love your charms especially that cute lil Lion! I would love to have that one! I'm so glad this little thread sparked some more interest.

11. Cute pic and charm! RED is my favorite color! :biggrin:

12. Thanks!

13. Wow! Just got back and saw your pretty Bals with Mara and the little Buddha. So fun that you are a Connie who loves Bals and JS! I think they are a natural combination, and yes, I love pairing them with each other. The only problem is that when I get a new bag, I usually need to buy it a charm! :P And worse than that, when I get a new charm...I start looking for a bag that it will look great dangling from!! No wonder I'm broke. :roflmfao:

14. #149 Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

I was surprised to find it in the wee hours last night, so hunted it down this morning. I uploaded some of my old photos, so I could share the little lion and the bunny especially.

A couple of years ago, I had posted quite a few on the Balenciaga Forum, in a thread dedicated to charms in general. At the time, there were only a couple of us who had ever heard of Jay Strongwater. Mostly folks collected the JC charms.

I love your little Cocker Spaniel. So adorable. I did see a beautiful little Cocker Spaniel charm last year. I'll try to remember who made it, and let you know. I remember it was at least as expensive as the JS, because I really wanted it, but hesitated too long. I'm thinking maybe something like Judith Leiber...??? I know I've got that wrong. I'll post again or PM you, if I can track it down again.

EDIT: I'm back and still in time to edit! I was right about Judith Leiber...wrong about the puppy being a Cocker Spaniel.. So sorry. He seems like a little Lab pup now that I'm seeing him again. I'm certain he's not available any more. I brought this photo up by searching Google Images for "Puppy Charm."
    [​IMG]

15. You are not alone, I am broke with you! Do you gave any Juicy a Couture charms? Not as well made as JS, bug I have some cute ones. A Chinese takeout box and Maneki Neko for my 2012 Bordeaux Hamilton, and a London Doubledecker bus and phone booth for my black Brogues bag.

I also collect Estée Lauder perfume solids and that is where I first discovered JS. I have many of the solids he has designed. I will post a couple of pics of them tomorrow. I wish JS made more charms!