Jay Strongwater Charms! Let's Share Talk & Pics!

I just landed an authentic Humphrey Turtle and Cady Crab! Love, love, love the Crab! I don't like seafood and the legs kinda creep me out but hubby is July baby. :P Just wanted to share. These charms are so beautiful. My pics don't do them any justice.

c9c8ed0c-33aa-4cb8-8057-29a9d6cb2e3b_zps0a2d6df5.jpg

For anyone on the fence about these charms... Just checked in @ NM online and noticed Humphrey the Turtle; Tyler the Giraffe and the Pineapple are now $66!!!!!!! Also, the Birthstone lockets are reduced from $125 to $87! I hope some collectors grab these goodies! I nabbed the Giraffe and the Pineapple! Wish I'd gotten my Turtle from NM now... If you purchase a charm or two let me know if this message helped you. I've NEVER seen these charms on sale!

ETA: Tyler the Giraffe is $59!!!!!!!

For anyone on the fence about these charms... Just checked in @ NM online and noticed Humphrey the Turtle; Tyler the Giraffe and the Pineapple are now $66!!!!!!! Also, the Birthstone lockets are reduced from $125 to $87! I hope some collectors grab these goodies! I nabbed the Giraffe and the Pineapple! Wish I'd gotten my Turtle from NM now... If you purchase a charm or two let me know if this message helped you. I've NEVER seen these charms on sale!

ETA: Tyler the Giraffe is $59!!!!!!!

I nabbed the Turtle and Pineapple :ghi5: Thank you dear!

I discovered you folks in the middle of an insomniac night, playing with my iPad. I've been collecting JS charms for years too, and buy them for a charm bracelet I rarely wear, and one each for my handbags.

You all have so many lovely ones. I was trying to think of one I might have that you haven't posted yet. Here's the original elephant charm. His little suitcase keeps falling open, but I love him anyway.
elephantcharm.jpg

I discovered you folks in the middle of an insomniac night, playing with my iPad. I've been collecting JS charms for years too, and buy them for a charm bracelet I rarely wear, and one each for my handbags.

You all have so many lovely ones. I was trying to think of one I might have that you haven't posted yet. Here's the original elephant charm. His little suitcase keeps falling open, but I love him anyway.
elephantcharm.jpg

He's adorable!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum mobile app looking for Bal 2007 Paprika ( Rouille ) City or Part a Time w/GGH, please PM me!'a

He's adorable!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum mobile app looking for Bal 2007 Paprika ( Rouille ) City or Part a Time w/GGH, please PM me!'a

Thank you! I love your Chow avatar. My sister has a very beautiful, very sweet "Chuskey." He's a Chow/Huskey mix and the best dog ever!

Found a couple other JS charms that are not common any more. My little lion, and my very favorite old bunny!

charmlionsm.jpg

bunnycharm.jpg

Thank you! I love your Chow avatar. My sister has a very beautiful, very sweet "Chuskey." He's a Chow/Huskey mix and the best dog ever!

Found a couple other JS charms that are not common any more. My little lion, and my very favorite old bunny!

charmlionsm.jpg

bunnycharm.jpg

Thank you! Your sister's " Chusky " sounds like a sweetie! You have the best charms, I just got into collecting 2-3 yrs ago. I love how you match your charms to your Bals, I do that too!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411673487.229516.jpg Mara the Leopard with Rouge Theatre 2005. I'm a Bal gal too. And a Connie to boot!

charmlionsm.jpg

bunnycharm.jpg

I love your charms especially that cute lil Lion! I would love to have that one! I'm so glad this little thread sparked some more interest.

Thank you! Your sister's " Chusky " sounds like a sweetie! You have the best charms, I just got into collecting 2-3 yrs ago. I love how you match your charms to your Bals, I do that too!View attachment 2761471 Mara the Leopard with Rouge Theatre 2005. I'm a Bal gal too. And a Connie to boot!

Cute pic and charm! RED is my favorite color! :biggrin:

Thank you! Your sister's " Chusky " sounds like a sweetie! You have the best charms, I just got into collecting 2-3 yrs ago. I love how you match your charms to your Bals, I do that too!View attachment 2761471 Mara the Leopard with Rouge Theatre 2005. I'm a Bal gal too. And a Connie to boot!

And here's my Buddha!View attachment 2761535

Wow! Just got back and saw your pretty Bals with Mara and the little Buddha. So fun that you are a Connie who loves Bals and JS! I think they are a natural combination, and yes, I love pairing them with each other. The only problem is that when I get a new bag, I usually need to buy it a charm! :P And worse than that, when I get a new charm...I start looking for a bag that it will look great dangling from!! No wonder I'm broke. :roflmfao:

I love your charms especially that cute lil Lion! I would love to have that one! I'm so glad this little thread sparked some more interest.

I was surprised to find it in the wee hours last night, so hunted it down this morning. I uploaded some of my old photos, so I could share the little lion and the bunny especially.

A couple of years ago, I had posted quite a few on the Balenciaga Forum, in a thread dedicated to charms in general. At the time, there were only a couple of us who had ever heard of Jay Strongwater. Mostly folks collected the JC charms.

I love your little Cocker Spaniel. So adorable. I did see a beautiful little Cocker Spaniel charm last year. I'll try to remember who made it, and let you know. I remember it was at least as expensive as the JS, because I really wanted it, but hesitated too long. I'm thinking maybe something like Judith Leiber...??? I know I've got that wrong. I'll post again or PM you, if I can track it down again.

EDIT: I'm back and still in time to edit! I was right about Judith Leiber...wrong about the puppy being a Cocker Spaniel.. So sorry. He seems like a little Lab pup now that I'm seeing him again. I'm certain he's not available any more. I brought this photo up by searching Google Images for "Puppy Charm."
0a067dc018e58c837cf3844b5d664788.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Just got back and saw your pretty Bals with Mara and the little Buddha. So fun that you are a Connie who loves Bals and JS! I think they are a natural combination, and yes, I love pairing them with each other. The only problem is that when I get a new bag, I usually need to buy it a charm! :P And worse than that, when I get a new charm...I start looking for a bag that it will look great dangling from!! No wonder I'm broke. :roflmfao:

You are not alone, I am broke with you! Do you gave any Juicy a Couture charms? Not as well made as JS, bug I have some cute ones. A Chinese takeout box and Maneki Neko for my 2012 Bordeaux Hamilton, and a London Doubledecker bus and phone booth for my black Brogues bag.

I also collect Estée Lauder perfume solids and that is where I first discovered JS. I have many of the solids he has designed. I will post a couple of pics of them tomorrow. I wish JS made more charms!