It's almost Halloween-what's your "handbag horror story"

What a nice Mom you are! I'm sure your daughter is thrilled with her bag and doesn't mind the purple corners. I don't tend to think of shirts leaving transfer.
Did you ever get yourself a light colored replacement bag?

What a nice Mom you are! I'm sure your daughter is thrilled with her bag and doesn't mind the purple corners. I don't tend to think of shirts leaving transfer.
Did you ever get yourself a light colored replacement bag?

I was very surprised that the color from the shirt/blouse had transferred to the bag.
I always wear denim, and I've never had any transfer on my bags. I think the white patent is more apt to pick up transfer.

I have plenty of other light/white bags, so I didn't mind giving it to her. It would have always been in the back of my mind that the color was there on the corners anyway, lol. The Madeline is a great bag though, and she told me once that it was the "perfect bag".

What about you? What's the worst thing that ever happened to one of your Coach bags?
thanks for starting this, makes for some fun reading! :biggrin:

I love this thread!

I have two stories.
loved your shirt/tank top story! :biggrin: Sounds just like something I would do! (& you do rock your scarlet hobo, I saw your shot in the "mod shots" thread but don't think I left a comment there!)

Not sure ths would qualify as a horror story, but I once ordered a limited edition zebra haircalf flap bag from evilBay and when it arrived to me I was so excited. I decided to check it over really well and clean it out, when I turned it upside down to shake out any stray debris and huge dead spider fell out....ewww, totally gross. The bag was in otherwise decent condition, but glad I didn't start using it without a good clearing out first.

Not sure ths would qualify as a horror story, but I once ordered a limited edition zebra haircalf flap bag from evilBay and when it arrived to me I was so excited. I decided to check it over really well and clean it out, when I turned it upside down to shake out any stray debris and huge dead spider fell out....ewww, totally gross. The bag was in otherwise decent condition, but glad I didn't start using it without a good clearing out first.
Anything that involves spiders is a horror story!

Reactions: Shelby33
I just made myself a Chai Latte(fault of all this coffee-talk) and I will share another story.
This happened about 25 years ago. It is a purse story but not my purse and I'm not sure what brand it even was.
My husband and I were traveling across the country and tent camping for two months before he started grad school in CA.
We had just pulled out of a rest stop and onto the highway when I noticed the car ahead of us had something sitting on top of the roof. I remember saying OMG that woman left her PURSE on the ROOF!
They quickly sped up on the highway and there the purse went, flying up,up in the air and landing....
on the side of the highway!(thank God as I would not have wanted to run it over and have purse road kill:P)
We pulled over, I grabbed the bag and we went in pursuit of the car. By then they were too far ahead to catch up to. Not to mention, not worth risking our lives and others by speeding!
This was in the days before people had cell phones(yeah, I'm old!).
The next town we stayed in I mailed the bag to the address I found in her bag with a note explaining what happened.
I'm sure she was really surprised to get her mail the day it arrived!
:biggrin:

That was a cool story, and cool of you to do the right thing. Did she write and thank you? I bet she was surprised to receive it in the mail.

No, I just signed my first name and that was it, so essentially anonymous.
At that point my DH and I did not even have an address. We quit our jobs and moved out of our apartment and loaded up some camping gear in the back of our little Subaru. We spent the two months tent camping and traveling down the east coast and then West across the country. When we arrived in CA we were going to look for an apartment before DH started grad school. Ah, carefree youth!
I was happy I could help someone out and happy her bag was not crushed by our car!

I am new here, but I read the Coach sub-forum more than the others. I have enjoyed reading the horror stories and thought I would share one.
I am not sure which brand the bag was, but it is a purse horror story.
About 15 years ago I was out at a club with some friends. Like most clubs, it was dark, loud and very crowded. Suddenly one of our group accidentally dropped a lit cigarette into my friends purse. So he turned the bag upside down and shook it until all of the contents (and the cigarette) fell on the floor. Four of us found ourselves crawling around on the floor in the dark under a lot of dancing feet trying to find everything without being stepped on.
The important stuff (keys wallet) were retrieved, but most of her makeup rolled away along with some other things that we never found, the bag was trampled and there was a big burned hole in the lining.

I am new here, but I read the Coach sub-forum more than the others. I have enjoyed reading the horror stories and thought I would share one.
I am not sure which brand the bag was, but it is a purse horror story.
About 15 years ago I was out at a club with some friends. Like most clubs, it was dark, loud and very crowded. Suddenly one of our group accidentally dropped a lit cigarette into my friends purse. So he turned the bag upside down and shook it until all of the contents (and the cigarette) fell on the floor. Four of us found ourselves crawling around on the floor in the dark under a lot of dancing feet trying to find everything without being stepped on.
The important stuff (keys wallet) were retrieved, but most of her makeup rolled away along with some other things that we never found, the bag was trampled and there was a big burned hole in the lining.

Oh, poor bag!

Reminds me of something I saw happen to someone's bag at a little league game. This lady sat down and placed her bag (which was open ) down next to her, and next to that she put her big coke. Well the coke was in one of those waxed papery type containers that gets damp and soft after a while. So later when she went to pick it up, the coke slipped out of her fingers and the whole thing dumped into her bag. What a mess. She went and got paper towels and tried to dry everything off, but when she came back and put the bag down, the coke was still dripping out of the bottom of the bag.

Oh, poor bag!

Reminds me of something I saw happen to someone's bag at a little league game. This lady sat down and placed her bag (which was open ) down next to her, and next to that she put her big coke. Well the coke was in one of those waxed papery type containers that gets damp and soft after a while. So later when she went to pick it up, the coke slipped out of her fingers and the whole thing dumped into her bag. What a mess. She went and got paper towels and tried to dry everything off, but when she came back and put the bag down, the coke was still dripping out of the bottom of the bag.

That sounds like something I'd do...haha. That poor lady...that poor purse!