It's almost Halloween-what's your "handbag horror story"

I haven't tried that yet. Thanks for the tip! We're about to go on vacation tomorrow, but if I have time tonight I will see what happens.

Do you know what else gets blood stains out? This is actually gross, but it works! I swear! Saliva. Yes, spit directly on the blood stain. I had a very large and very noticeable blood stain on the arm of my sofa (how did it get there- I had cut myself shaving my armpits and didn't realize), and I had heard that somewhere. Out of desperation, I tried it, and it got it all out. To see me clean was a sight! Trying to conjure up a ton of spit, lol! :roflmfao:

I used to have the large ergo in signature fabric, and once I knocked over my coffee and it spill all over it. I literally dropped everything and ran to the restroom with it. I was able to save it in time, but I had a panic attack in the moment, lol!

Do you know what else gets blood stains out? This is actually gross, but it works! I swear! Saliva. Yes, spit directly on the blood stain. I had a very large and very noticeable blood stain on the arm of my sofa (how did it get there- I had cut myself shaving my armpits and didn't realize), and I had heard that somewhere. Out of desperation, I tried it, and it got it all out. To see me clean was a sight! Trying to conjure up a ton of spit, lol! :roflmfao:

Thinking about someone spitting all over the inside of their purse is sort of a horror story to me!:drool::drool::drool::drool::yucky:
LOL

no ruined bags here but my story may involve TMI, so you were forewarned:

when i was in middle school, my friends and i would often all swap purses and look through what we each had (yes in the middle of class, math if i recall correctly)...especially to compare our makeup.

one day i was nosily looking through what i thought was a makeup bag in my friends purse. when i opened it, there was a USED tampon wrapped up in toilet paper. her eyes widened when she saw i had that makeup bag. she said had never used them before and didn't know what to do with it. (really!)

i wonder if she has ended up on any of the episodes of hoarders now.

i do love buying used purses, but i do my best to sanitize the hell out of them because you just really cannot imagine what all women put in them.

Last edited:

when i was in middle school, my friends and i would often all swap purses and look through what we each had (yes in the middle of class, math if i recall correctly)...especially to compare our makeup.

one day i was nosily looking through what i thought was a makeup bag in my friends purse. when i opened it, there was a USED tampon wrapped up in toilet paper. her eyes widened when she saw i had that makeup bag. she said had never used them before and didn't know what to do with it. (really!)

i do love buying used purses, but i do my best to sanitize the hell out of them because you just really cannot imagine what all women put in them.

LOL! That was the best part of the story...as sad as the rest was!

Totally unrelated, but your story reminds me of a roommate I had that used to put chicken bones in the freezer. I asked her why she did that and she said because that's what her mom always did. When I asked her mom, she said that she only put them in the freezer so they wouldn't smell until she had time to take them out to the trash. Apparently, my roommate had never thought to ask for the reason the bones were put in the freezer!

Omg the "Oops I dropped a Coach purse!" made me lol!! Sounds like something my dh would do. Hes sarcastically called my bags, "Holy" many a time and I have to constantly remind him to b careful. His response is that a stream roller couldn't damage them! But if it were a guitar dropped then omg the world just stopped! I remind him of this!! Lol!!

Jumping in real quick before this post is shut down by the Mods...
YET ANOTHER REASON THAT THERE ARE FEWER PPL COMING ONTO THE COACH THREAD THAN BEFORE....
DRAMA CITY!

I was actually enjoying the "horror stories" but ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE and went WAY OFF TOPIC...

Anyway just remember this...

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

OK...now back to the KNOCK DOWN, DRAG OUT!

Exactly!

I have one...in 2005 I had a friend who had never owned a Coach. In one of my "OK, it's time to declutter!" moments, I gave her one of my old bags.

Now, before I continue, let me be clear: I'm old enough to know that if I loan out, either long- or short-term, I am saying goodbye to that bag. If it comes back, the odds it is in the same condition as when it left me? Somewhere around "winning the lottery while getting struck by lightning".

But I digress. This was my 4th bag, purchased at Sanger Harris (yep, old) and it had come in a box, after I picked it out from under the glass display. First ever credit card purchase, but that is also a story for another day. I sent it to Coach for refurbishing in the mid 90's, and they replaced the piping so it never matched the rest of the bag, and I stopped carrying it because I'm OCD (also a story for another day).

My friend put her in a closet adjacent to the bathroom. One of her kids overflowed the commode, and...well...it wasn't the kind of bath I give to rehab projects. I could never again use it, nobody could (gross, ick, nasty) and so she went to Coach heaven.

The real horror here was having to tell my husband, who didn't care for this friend. No, he is not explosive or controlling...we'll be married 15 years next week, together for 20...but I know all y'all are very familiar with the dreaded "I told you!" And then me saying, "yes, but, do you see I am owning this? It is squarely on me, for I broke one of the handbag commandments: thou shalt not loan out thy bags, even those thou dost not often carry, for thy fondest memories of bag will be dashed upon the unforgiving surfaces of movie theater floors and bathed in overflowed toilet water."

The end.

I have one...in 2005 I had a friend who had never owned a Coach. In one of my "OK, it's time to declutter!" moments, I gave her one of my old bags.

Now, before I continue, let me be clear: I'm old enough to know that if I loan out, either long- or short-term, I am saying goodbye to that bag. If it comes back, the odds it is in the same condition as when it left me? Somewhere around "winning the lottery while getting struck by lightning".

But I digress. This was my 4th bag, purchased at Sanger Harris (yep, old) and it had come in a box, after I picked it out from under the glass display. First ever credit card purchase, but that is also a story for another day. I sent it to Coach for refurbishing in the mid 90's, and they replaced the piping so it never matched the rest of the bag, and I stopped carrying it because I'm OCD (also a story for another day).

My friend put her in a closet adjacent to the bathroom. One of her kids overflowed the commode, and...well...it wasn't the kind of bath I give to rehab projects. I could never again use it, nobody could (gross, ick, nasty) and so she went to Coach heaven.

The real horror here was having to tell my husband, who didn't care for this friend. No, he is not explosive or controlling...we'll be married 15 years next week, together for 20...but I know all y'all are very familiar with the dreaded "I told you!" And then me saying, "yes, but, do you see I am owning this? It is squarely on me, for I broke one of the handbag commandments: thou shalt not loan out thy bags, even those thou dost not often carry, for thy fondest memories of bag will be dashed upon the unforgiving surfaces of movie theater floors and bathed in overflowed toilet water."

The end.

Oh, what a sh**ty way to go!(sorry!)
I would have loved to have heard your friend explaining this to you.
You were just trying to send her along to a new loving home and look how you were rewarded:wtf:

The end.
This is a true horror story!

Oh, what a sh**ty way to go!(sorry!)
I would have loved to have heard your friend explaining this to you.
You were just trying to send her along to a new loving home and look how you were rewarded:wtf:

It was a really weird conversation, you're right! She asked me over for coffee and then started to tell me the whole story of the bathroom/closet flood and I'm like "whaaaa okay..." and then it gets to "so, the bag you gave me was in the closet" and then I understood. She was so upset about it that I just couldn't get mad...and...ultimately it was my fault!

This is a true horror story!

:biggrin: I learned my lesson!