It's almost Halloween-what's your "handbag horror story"

I am sorry but you took this back? I am by no means trying to start anything but I hope you realize now how wrong that was. I mean I know Coach and their customer service will take back practically the moon but this was....um....not cool. No offense to you and I know we all have returned things we probably should not have. I hope we can just realize how "not" to take advantage of a company and their products.

I agree. That is just plain wrong. Taking advantage just because you can, does not make it okay. I guess this is where ethics comes in. :nogood:

I love this thread!

I have two stories.

First, I was at KFC having lunch with my mum and 1 year old nephew who doesn't know me too well yet. He was just clingy with my mum. Just as we were about to eat, my mum went to the washroom, and my nephew started crying and trying to climb out of his chair. I tried to stand up to grab him, not realising my Kristin hobo in SHELL(!! light color) was still in on my shoulder. She fell right onto the plate of greasy chicken and mashed potato and dressing as soon as I stood. Of course my nephew who was about to get out of the chair was more important at the time, so I had to carry him with my mashed potato covered bag until my mum came back. I quickly wiped the mushy stuff off with tissue and wipes, and was so shocked and relieved there was no stain on her, at all, but there were slight minor scratches. Two things I was thankful for - 1) Coach making her out of such good leather and well coated, and 2) my choice of bag that day. Couldn't say enough how glad I was that I did not carry the woven BS! :sweatdrop:

The second story just happened two days ago! But nothing happened to my bag, thankfully, but just handbag related. I have been proudly carrying my Scarlet Kristin Hobo around, I love her so much now. And I did notice some eyes on my bag everywhere I went. (Talk about being self-absorbed and overly confident!!:noggin:) So me and DH just finished watching a movie, I went to the restroom. Before I left, I notice one lady was looking at my abdomen area (which I thought she was eyeing my bag too). I happily walked out of the restroom, out the cinema, down the escalator, and walked some more with people all around (it was midday!) before I looked down and noticed my top was up my b**b! I had a tanktop underneath so I did not realize it sooner, but I was walking as if I was flashing my tank top covered body (ugly view, yes!) all over the cinema.. carrying my scarlet hobo and walking all confident. I was sooo mad at hubby that he didn't realize it at all else he could have told me! Pulled down the top and and acted as if nothing happened.

We all really love our bags but good choice saving the nephew first!!
I'm so glad the food came off your light colored shell hobo, that is incredible! Yes, I shudder to think of you trying to clean mashed potatoes out of a woven bag! It would be so hard to get every last bit that some food underneath might even smell later on. ICK!

Love, love , love the shirt story. I'm sure you were really rocking the scarlet hobo and it is an eye catching bag but couldn't compete with having your shirt up! Yeah for tank tops.
:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I have one horror story... had one of my op dotted Sophia's laying on a chair (empty) I just hadn't gotton to put her away.. she also had a silk coach scarf tied on her..
Hubby and I went to dinner to return to find her chewed beyond repair (the scarf only had a few holes) but the bag... NOT so lucky.
We have a very destructive dog who gets mad when we leave so she is in a kennel but this time her door was not closed all the way and she decided to customize my Sophia.....
Worried for a week that after all that she was going to get obstructed and need SX...

That was one expensive chew toy! Your poor defenseless bag. I guess Sophia's are digestible!?
The new legacies with all the tassels seem like they would be very attractive targets for chewing!
I have seen your bags and I'm glad your doggie did not get ahold of one of your Caroline's.........

not really a horror story but it was horrifying event to me

living in Miami I should be use to roaches BUT when they are as big as small children it's hard to adjust to them plus they fly

I was leaving my house purse in hand and was looking for my car keys

I was reaching in my purse not looking in but feeling around and then

I felt a pointy thing and I scream, emptied the contents of my purse on my driveway

found the pointy, ugly creature and stepped on it enjoying the popping sound it made

my children of course were in the car - loving the drama, my neighbor was out and asked if I was okay, told her there was a roach in my purse

this is one of the many reasons I don't like gallery totes, no zipper to keep the ugly creatures out

living in Miami I should be use to roaches BUT when they are as big as small children it's hard to adjust to them plus they fly

I felt a pointy thing and I scream, emptied the contents of my purse on my driveway

found the pointy, ugly creature and stepped on it enjoying the popping sound it made

my children of course were in the car - loving the drama, my neighbor was out and asked if I was okay, told her there was a roach in my purse

this is one of the many reasons I don't like gallery totes, no zipper to keep the ugly creatures out

Oh, helllllllllll noooooooo, I would have cried. I hate bugs.

My Mom bought a brand new UV duffle at the Coach store and that night her cat used it for a litter box and peed dead center on it! I cleaned it and got the smell out but it has a large amoeba shaped stain on the front of it! Glad I have shih tzus and no cats!!

When I was dating my (now) husband, I went to dinner at his mother's house, I set my brand new Coach bag (don't remember the style name) down on a bench in the entryway. When I went to leave that night, I discovered my bag had been torn to pieces by my mother-in-law's dog :cry:

It was all I could do to hold back tears, I was still in college and this bag literally cost me a fortune at the time, I was so proud of it.. not even a month old & completely destroyed!

I have actually been very lucky with my bags so far. Have only had one accident so far, and it was very recent. And I have a story about a bag that wasn't mine, but involves me and DH.

My DH gets really bad nosebleeds sometimes, so I'm surprised I haven't had any problems before this. I was out of town for work, and DH came with me for the second half of the trip. We were in a mall visiting the Coach store (since there are none where we live), and we decided to eat at a nice restaurant afterwards. He stopped to ask someone for suggestions outside of the mall, and then turned around suddenly and hunched over. He had been having problems the last few days because of the dry weather, so I knew it was another nosebleed. I carry spare napkins in my purse just for this reason lol. I dug around to find the napkins, and he took them and I finished the conversation to get directions to a restaurant. When I looked in my purse to see how many napkins I had left, I noticed a big red spot on the inside lining :sad: He must have gotten too close or something when reaching for the napkins. I tried to wipe it down the best I could immediately, but have yet to really clean it at home. It came out pretty well, but there is still a dull stain left. It will definitely be getting a bath soon!

This story is actually very embarrasing, but it's definitely a horror story. On our way to visit relatives, we stopped at a Coach outlet. I was looking for deletes, and pointed to one and said "oh, that's a popular one". My DH picked it up to look, and I told him to be careful with it since he didn't seem to be paying much attention. Well, I shouldn't have said anything at all, because he then just dropped it on the floor and said "oops, I dropped a Coach purse". I just froze in place and got the open mouth look. I was SOOO embarassed! I couldn't believe he did that, and I actually had thoughts of just leaving him there! Thank goodness noone was around or looking at us. I checked the bag (it was fine), and quickly put it back on the shelf. After we left that store and were on the road again, I gave him a long talk on what "purse people" expect out of a product, and how picky some people can be about flaws. He totally didn't realize how important it was, and felt bad about it afterwards. He made the connection that if he was buying some [insert guy thing here] for himself, he would want it to be perfect too. It's hard to tell that story to you guys, but hopefully some of you out there have significant others that act in crazy ways too?

lol that is definitely something my husband would do, he thinks my handbag obsession is ridiculous (though he still buys me a Coach for every holiday/anniversary) and always makes fun of me! In a loving way of course ;)

My Mom bought a brand new UV duffle at the Coach store and that night her cat used it for a litter box and peed dead center on it! I cleaned it and got the smell out but it has a large amoeba shaped stain on the front of it! Glad I have shih tzus and no cats!!

OMG I would have flipped. That cat urine smell is atrocious!!!! I know I have a cat! UGH if he ever did that he would be gone. :P

When I was dating my (now) husband, I went to dinner at his mother's house, I set my brand new Coach bag (don't remember the style name) down on a bench in the entryway. When I went to leave that night, I discovered my bag had been torn to pieces by my mother-in-law's dog :cry:

It was all I could do to hold back tears, I was still in college and this bag literally cost me a fortune at the time, I was so proud of it.. not even a month old & completely destroyed!

Oh no did she even offer to pay you for it or anything????

Oh no did she even offer to pay you for it or anything????

She felt awful, she did end up buying me a cute Coach wristlet that Christmas but of course it could never replace my poor bag : (

To this day I always pay attention to where I set my bags down, especially in a house with dogs or small children. I have two small children and my bags stay far out of their reach at all times! :P

OMG I would have Freaked Out!

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "Roach Coach"! :roflmfao:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!