Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

I purchased this mini flap with top handle yesterday and came home to unbox it and see this. Would you bring back to SA or keep because it will eventually happen with lamb skin from use. Annoyed because it was $5879 with tax. Why is it not perfect! View attachment 5937338
I would take it back. But it is an emotional thing for me though, it would bother me because it was there when I purchased the bag. If I scratched the bag on the first day using it, it would not bother me.:biggrin:

Reactions: Sb2020
Opened it for the first time brand new from the boutique. I def did not scratch it.
Oh, yes. I see it much better now. Especially the one on the right - it almost looks like the color is coming off. It was not so visible in the first picture you posted. Return. I got the same bag yesterday and it had a cracking on the glaze where the handle is attached. Cracking and deep scratches are a no-go for me. I could live with the larger minor one but not the other one.

Reactions: Cali2HI and Sb2020
1000017561.jpgI noticed this in store but decided to purchase as I've been looking for a caviar bag for a while and was told they only received 1 for the entire store. The line or indentation seen seems to be due to unevenness in the quilting. The top part feels more puffy while the bottom part is more flat. Is this something you can live with or is it a return?

Reactions: Strep2031
View attachment 5937768I noticed this in store but decided to purchase as I've been looking for a caviar bag for a while and was told they only received 1 for the entire store. The line or indentation seen seems to be due to unevenness in the quilting. The top part feels more puffy while the bottom part is more flat. Is this something you can live with or is it a return?
Personally if you noticed the issues with the bag from day 1 it would had bothered me each time I take the bag out...I would return and wait for a better stock

Oh, yes. I see it much better now. Especially the one on the right - it almost looks like the color is coming off. It was not so visible in the first picture you posted. Return. I got the same bag yesterday and it had a cracking on the glaze where the handle is attached. Cracking and deep scratches are a no-go for me. I could live with the larger minor one but not the other one.
I swapped it for a black mini top handle and brought it home to notice this. Are we just supposed to accept this for almost $6k??

Attachments

• IMG_7822.jpeg
    IMG_7822.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 158
I swapped it for a black mini top handle and brought it home to notice this. Are we just supposed to accept this for almost $6k??
Unfortunately, I know what you are talking about because I am seeking this one as well. I saw 3 so far, each of them has had either scratches, loose stitching (have that one at home about to return to NM) and/or cracks on the glazing. I was so happy to find one without scratches only to find a stitch sticking out. When I purchased this bag in beige last year, I had no issues. I found one, was perfect, bought it. Now, I cannot seem to find a "normal" one.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I know what you are talking about because I am seeking this one as well. I saw 3 so far, each of them has had either scratches, loose stitching (have that one at home about to return to NM) and/or cracks on the glazing. When I purchased this bag in beige last year, I had no issues. I found one, was perfect, bought it. Now, I cannot seem to find a "normal" one.
OMG this makes me feel so validated! Why am I acting as their quality control??? And for some reason I feel so terrible for my S.A. because she’s been a doll and is so sweet. I am scared she is going to refuse to work with me after 2 returns but I can’t handle this.

Reactions: MiSa2019
OMG this makes me feel so validated! Why am I acting as their quality control??? And for some reason I feel so terrible for my S.A. because she’s been a doll and is so sweet. I am scared she is going to refuse to work with me after 2 returns but I can’t handle this.
I know what you mean. My SA found me another one (just texted me the pic) and I am scared to come in. Lol. However, in the end, it is our money and I try to keep that in mind. 🤷‍♀️

I know what you mean. My SA found me another one (just texted me the pic) and I am scared to come in. Lol. However, in the end, it is our money and I try to keep that in mind. 🤷‍♀️
Updating that I took the bag back and the SA’s were all shocked and said this bag was not sellable with a defect like this. I got a refund. But am a little sad because I really liked the bag. These prices are very high for us to serve as quality control for Chanel. They should consider hiring someone for the job😂 what happened with your bag?

• Haha
Reactions: mrsMP
Updating that I took the bag back and the SA’s were all shocked and said this bag was not sellable with a defect like this. I got a refund. But am a little sad because I really liked the bag. These prices are very high for us to serve as quality control for Chanel. They should consider hiring someone for the job😂 what happened with your bag?
I returned it but was able to find a good one (after looking at 5 in three different cities, which were in horrible conditions). I got her, however, in the city with a higher tax so I paid a $100 more. :oh: This batch was not greatest but given resale prices, I am happy I got this one.

The new collection has just come out so, perhaps, they will get more. I would not give up just yet if you really like the bag.

Attachments

• IMG_8922.JPG
    IMG_8922.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi all! I am looking to add a 226 to my collection and found one on the secondary market. It has gold marks on the leather under the flap from the grommets. I’ve never seen this before and wonder if it might have been caused by moisture? If so, I worry about the other issues moisture might have caused.

Have any of you seen/experienced this before? Is it ok or a deal breaker? TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpeg
    IMG_1090.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 66