Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Ooh I see what you mean. I guess you're right in saying that other corner has a bit of 'bald' spot compared to the other one, but looking at the 'stream' of the sequins in general especially on the flap, they look like they're not attempting to achieve 'evenness' (they're not in straight lines and scattered here in there in various bunch of thickness)

I guess if you didn't mention it in the first place and just showed the picture of the bag as a whole, I don't think I'd catch it! It's truly a gorgeous bag and perfect in my eyes!

Both corners are similarly bare. If you look at the bag pic from a bit further away, there are bare areas (horizontal) that form part of thr pattern on the entire body of the bag and the clasp. Looks like the negative space on a tone on tone, not a defect. JMO

ETA: just realized @Swanky said it first :smile:
Ooooo interesting points! I just think it bugs me how one corner is bare and has the satin exposed while the other corner is covered with sequins. I saw another with both corners covered better so hopefully i can swap! Just me being picky haha.

9A8B51BA-A10B-4D59-9900-70554034E78A.png

1247E812-62DE-4CD9-BE76-346A1377D4AE.jpeg

4F037665-7D4C-405E-8B57-62581D64779F.jpeg

7B7C6681-6791-4B5E-970D-FEBC1D86EF6F.jpeg

Ooooo interesting points! I just think it bugs me how one corner is bare and has the satin exposed while the other corner is covered with sequins. I saw another with both corners covered better so hopefully i can swap! Just me being picky haha.

View attachment 5780331

View attachment 5780332

View attachment 5780333

View attachment 5780334
You need to do whatever makes you most comfortable :hugs: :yes:

just wanted to point out that there appear to be three ‘bald’ spots along the rim which are not evenly spaced apart. looking at the bag head on from a far, as in your pics, it seems deliberate design decision. Of course, if you’ve seen one you like better, its all good

have fun looking !

Reactions: Swanky
Hello everyone,
This my first post on the forum. Please excuse my english...

I just bought a vintage chanel classic flap. From 1993. The condition of the bag is very good. It is just that when i turn the cc turnlock, i can hear a metallic/spring sound. Is it normal ? Will it break ? I already had a 7 series (2002) bag that i returned, the turnlock was smoother and i didnt hear that sound. But mabye 9 years laters, the manufacturer changed the turnlock for a silent one.

It doesn't bother me but i just want to be sure it won't break. Thanks

Hi everyone! My husband just surprised me with a medium classic flap in caviar for Mother’s Day. This is my first Chanel and the bag I’ve wanted for a while. He bought it from the Beverly Hills store.
I love the bag but the first thing I noticed was that the flap appears uneven, with the left side (looking at the bag) lower than the right. Is this normal? I attached a picture here. The bag is unstuffed. I’m not usually picky but it just looks lopsided to me.
Should I exchange it? Looking for advice from the experts here. Thank you!

IMG_2599.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

Reactions: Sferics
It does…
I would exchange if it were mine and my first too. There’s a return window of 2 wks I believe but I’d much rather exchange it now for peace of mind. Congratulations when you get your perfect one, it’s beautiful! Your hubby is quite generous and sweet. (:

Reactions: Sferics
Hi everyone! My husband just surprised me with a medium classic flap in caviar for Mother’s Day. This is my first Chanel and the bag I’ve wanted for a while. He bought it from the Beverly Hills store.
I love the bag but the first thing I noticed was that the flap appears uneven, with the left side (looking at the bag) lower than the right. Is this normal? I attached a picture here. The bag is unstuffed. I’m not usually picky but it just looks lopsided to me.

View attachment 5783703

View attachment 5783704
It will always bother you if you have noticed the issue at first sight. Please hurry to exchange while you are still in the exchange time window.

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has similar experience, can help with is it normal for vintage “vintage” particularly 1980s Chanel, I noticed the side of my bag stitching it’s looped: (0XXXXXX series CF) C1D1A89C-EE76-415B-BBF2-A592B6342DA0.jpeg

View attachment 5783703

View attachment 5783704
I notied the off side flap immediately. I definitely exchage it

Hi everyone! I’m thinking of returning this as I want it symmetrical like the last picture. All my classic flaps are pretty symmetric. Just not comfortable keeping something i dont like specially for the price point. What’s you though on this? Am i being too picky?

749D693C-4D42-44AF-A639-2920B0E43B85.jpeg

C7F87513-F59F-4B09-876D-DAA7F6B2A34D.jpeg

86BCE270-03FC-41FB-A15B-1E91890ADFA6.jpeg

7F52BA8D-2641-4947-8054-F197D15144E2.jpeg

B022F28F-AC7B-463B-AC02-F3D0969BA2A0.jpeg