Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Hi all! I am looking to add a 226 to my collection and found one on the secondary market. It has gold marks on the leather under the flap from the grommets. I’ve never seen this before and wonder if it might have been caused by moisture? If so, I worry about the other issues moisture might have caused.

Have any of you seen/experienced this before? Is it ok or a deal breaker? TIA!
Yes, it’s normal. I have the same issue with my 227 but I have silver hardware on light pink leather.

Reactions: raradarling
View attachment 5937768I noticed this in store but decided to purchase as I've been looking for a caviar bag for a while and was told they only received 1 for the entire store. The line or indentation seen seems to be due to unevenness in the quilting. The top part feels more puffy while the bottom part is more flat. Is this something you can live with or is it a return?
I also returned the small sweetheart because I felt the caviar leather was subpar it felt cheap and thinness of it lacked any structure.

Reactions: cottoncandylove
I returned it but was able to find a good one (after looking at 5 in three different cities, which were in horrible conditions). I got her, however, in the city with a higher tax so I paid a $100 more. :oh: This batch was not greatest but given resale prices, I am happy I got this one.

The new collection has just come out so, perhaps, they will get more. I would not give up just yet if you really like the bag.
I didn’t have any quality issues w the one and only one the store received. With that being said, if you can find a good one without any qc issues I thought this batch of lambskin was lustrous And beautiful.

I ended up exchanging my previous bag because the stitching started to become loose but wanted to sanity check with you all. Is it normal for the space between the interlocking CCs to not be completely flat? This is a gift and the recipient asked me if the “warping” will get worse over time.

Attachments

• IMG_8933.jpeg
    IMG_8933.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 74
I ended up exchanging my previous bag because the stitching started to become loose but wanted to sanity check with you all. Is it normal for the space between the interlocking CCs to not be completely flat? This is a gift and the recipient asked me if the “warping” will get worse over time.

Yes, imo, it's pliable and must be able to stretch open back and forth.

Hi all! I am looking to add a 226 to my collection and found one on the secondary market. It has gold marks on the leather under the flap from the grommets. I’ve never seen this before and wonder if it might have been caused by moisture? If so, I worry about the other issues moisture might have caused.

Have any of you seen/experienced this before? Is it ok or a deal breaker? TIA!
I have never experienced hardware transferring colour to the leather. I would give it a pass

Reactions: raradarling
Hi everyone! I got a mini top handle from a boutique and noticed an indentation in the front. It looks like the leather is just that way. Should I ask for a replacement or am I just being picky? It feels more pronounced when I touch it than it looks in the pictures. I worry about the resale value being affected in case I want to sell it later on but also worry about alienating my SA since I’m remote. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0006.jpeg
    IMG_0006.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_9959.jpeg
    IMG_9959.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 97
Hi all! I purchased my first Chanel from the boutique and was so excited when I had found my dream bag that I’ve been looking for for years, the mini flap with top handle. But after bringing it home I noticed some issues with the bag where I’m not sure if I’m just being overly observant or if this is a defect? One of the corners seems like the leather was not adhered properly and almost looks like it’s peeling off and that same side quilt in the 2nd pic shows there’s a ripple in the leather. I had already compared mine with the other one in store which already had other issues with it and settled on this one, so I’m so sad to possibly not be able to find another bag. I had also went back to ask the SA and she kind of said the leather peeling thing was not an issue and it wouldn’t bother her, i just don’t want to seem excessive for asking about it again or returning it. Please let me know your guys’ thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_9811.jpeg
    IMG_9811.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 101
Hi all! I purchased my first Chanel from the boutique and was so excited when I had found my dream bag that I’ve been looking for for years, the mini flap with top handle. But after bringing it home I noticed some issues with the bag where I’m not sure if I’m just being overly observant or if this is a defect? One of the corners seems like the leather was not adhered properly and almost looks like it’s peeling off and that same side quilt in the 2nd pic shows there’s a ripple in the leather. I had already compared mine with the other one in store which already had other issues with it and settled on this one, so I’m so sad to possibly not be able to find another bag. I had also went back to ask the SA and she kind of said the leather peeling thing was not an issue and it wouldn’t bother her, i just don’t want to seem excessive for asking about it again or returning it. Please let me know your guys’ thoughts!
I have this bag I believe from the same collection as yours 24C (just bought it a month ago). I would return it if I were you (I would not care for the ripple as much) but the "peeling" might cause issues in the future. I hope your SA can find you a better one because leather from this collection on these bags is divine.

Here are some pics of mine for comparison:

Attachments

• IMG_9066.JPG
    IMG_9066.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9065.JPG
    IMG_9065.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9067.JPG
    IMG_9067.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Reactions: pauliney
I have this bag I believe from the same collection as yours 24C (just bought it a month ago). I would return it if I were you (I would not care for the ripple as much) but the "peeling" might cause issues in the future. I hope your SA can find you a better one because leather from this collection on these bags is divine.

Here are some pics of mine for comparison:
Ughh so disappointing :sad: