Is the bag wearing me?

BB6BF66D-2517-4F48-9681-D90C55E71F1D.jpeg I think the 35 looks ok on you as you are wearing it, but would look far better worn casually, straps undone, slung over the shoulder with a strap or hand held.
I’ve borrowed a photo from the wildlife thread (thank you Minuit for posting it!) and I have no idea what size the Kelly or lady carrying it is but it kind of depicts what I mean!
I think a barenia 35 would be gorgeous though and more casual looking anyway. I have a fauve barenia 32 and the existing shoulder strap makes it look a little large on me as it hangs too low, a wider shorter strap on the shoulder looks better, cross body doesn’t really work as the bag feels too structured and wide even in a 32 to my mind but I am only 5’2” and about 108 pounds.

I have a Barenia Sellier 35 that i have used for many years as a workhorse bag around the world (i'm a filmmaker). I'm 5'3. Is it big? Yes. Does it look kind of cool? I think so. I do wear it cross body a lot in the field and I don't baby it and it has been everywhere...India, Nepal, Scotland, Italy...you name it. Do I think many folks here would kindly advise me it's TOO big for me? Probably :smile: But I love it and it works for me. Here I am at a film festival where my film was opening - Im wearing it crossbody with a strap I ordered from Chapman's in the UK. I love this strap...it adds to the "field" look of the bag plus it is adjustable and very practical. I also wear this Kelly 35 Sellier on a very SHORT strap which ends up carrying really well just a little under my arm pit believe it or not. I have found that carrying it using the standard H strap length hits me at the hip which I believe makes the 35 Kelly (sellier or retourne) pretty unflattering due to its size.
Bend barenia.jpeg

I have a Barenia Sellier 35 that i have used for many years as a workhorse bag around the world (i'm a filmmaker). I'm 5'3. Is it big? Yes. Does it look kind of cool? I think so. I do wear it cross body a lot in the field and I don't baby it and it has been everywhere...India, Nepal, Scotland, Italy...you name it. Do I think many folks here would kindly advise me it's TOO big for me? Probably :smile: But I love it and it works for me. Here I am at a film festival where my film was opening - Im wearing it crossbody with a strap I ordered from Chapman's in the UK. I love this strap...it adds to the "field" look of the bag plus it is adjustable and very practical. I also wear this Kelly 35 Sellier on a very SHORT strap which ends up carrying really well just a little under my arm pit believe it or not. I have found that carrying it using the standard H strap length hits me at the hip which I believe makes the 35 Kelly (sellier or retourne) pretty unflattering due to its size.
View attachment 4040850

This looks so beautiful on you, and what a gorgeous bag, and love your thick strap!
This goes to show that anything goes, as long as you are comfortable wearing it!

Reactions: sparks1007
View attachment 4040850
Oh! I love this! I need a better strap! :smile:

View attachment 4040850

My new style icon!

View attachment 4040850
it looks VERY cool!