Is Michael Kors Dying down?

Fakes tend to do that. Look what it did to Coach.
I have 3 MK bags and those are from retail. In LA area it's very popular brand but in my personal opinion I haven't seen innovation or something that caught my eyes. In addition the market is saturate of fake MK that's what killed/burned the brand.
I am not sure I agree with you guys. Hermès, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and other premier brands are equally (if not much more) counterfeited. But they have been able to manage their brand image more effectively than MK.

MK is not a failing company by any means and, as many pointed out, the brand is still quite popular. But they are challenges ahead, especially as some legacy MK customers trade their 'aspirational luxury' bags for more expensive designer brands.

Reactions: uhpharm01 and DF622
I am not certain that quality is what drives customer demand for a particular brand. It may be the case for some but not the majority in my opinion.

I think you are exactly right!
Many women want a cool bag Right Now. Carry it til it's disgusting then get a new one.
Wouldn't be any fun if we were all the same.

Yup. That's what I said.
Don't know that it will work unless quality at MK and KS improves however.

Quality is exactly what took me way from MK and back to Coach. I felt like I returned more bags than I kept at the end of my MK love affair. Once the 1941 stuff came out, I just couldn't go back to MK. It's in a completely different league. Likewise, KS quality is what kept me from branching out into that brand. Granted, I never had a KS boutique near me, but reviews I'd seen online and on this forum even were enough to turn me off from the brand.

For me, quality is a huge factor in the bags I purchase. I also refuse to buy LV canvas - it feels cheap to me. The little bit of leather that's on those canvas bags also feels flimsy and cheap. My local Dillard's had pre-owned LV on sale for awhile this past winter This was the first time I'd ever touched an LV bag. The quality of these $1000-$3000 bags didn't even compare to the Coach Rogue I had on my arm. I left thinking, "Am I missing something here? What's the hype all about?"

I don't care what name is on the bag, I just want a stylish, good quality bag. I hope MK can up their game and I hope KS will do so now that Coach has purchased them. There are things I like about all of these brands, it's just that the quality really needs to be there in order for me to justify purchasing.

Quality is exactly what took me way from MK and back to Coach. I felt like I returned more bags than I kept at the end of my MK love affair. Once the 1941 stuff came out, I just couldn't go back to MK. It's in a completely different league. Likewise, KS quality is what kept me from branching out into that brand. Granted, I never had a KS boutique near me, but reviews I'd seen online and on this forum even were enough to turn me off from the brand.

For me, quality is a huge factor in the bags I purchase. I also refuse to buy LV canvas - it feels cheap to me. The little bit of leather that's on those canvas bags also feels flimsy and cheap. My local Dillard's had pre-owned LV on sale for awhile this past winter This was the first time I'd ever touched an LV bag. The quality of these $1000-$3000 bags didn't even compare to the Coach Rogue I had on my arm. I left thinking, "Am I missing something here? What's the hype all about?"

I don't care what name is on the bag, I just want a stylish, good quality bag. I hope MK can up their game and I hope KS will do so now that Coach has purchased them. There are things I like about all of these brands, it's just that the quality really needs to be there in order for me to justify purchasing.
I totally agree with you, my last MK bag was an small white beautiful but now you can see the glue coming out on the edges and it looks so gross. Sadly I couldn't returned it's been a while since I bought it.

I totally agree with you, my last MK bag was an small white beautiful but now you can see the glue coming out on the edges and it looks so gross. Sadly I couldn't returned it's been a while since I bought it.

Ditto.
MK has great organization and current styles but quality dropped off significantly in recent years.
Same issue with a white and navy Grayson, took them 4 months to replace.
I returned 3 different totes for popped seams.
No more MK for me.

I have only recently started 'getting into' handbags so I am no expert. But I visited our local TJ Maxx (first time in store) and saw that it was full of heavily discounted MK bags. It left me with a bad first impression.

That unfortunately is one of the reasons people look down upon the brand. It is so common for people to be wearing MK especially the monogram pieces. There is nothing wrong with that, but I think part of being a "luxury" brand is the exclusively. Which was a lost image due to frequent sales.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
I was just at the mall the other day, and oodles of folks had MK bags, as in shopping bags so they bought something and most were large so probably bags .. Here i find MK is much more popular than Coach still.

I still have my two MK's, i still like them but nerve issues have driven me out of them, and i have yet to look in store at anything new. Truth be told i am out of designer again lol, Back to my made here(in my country) brand but i am likely the minority and prefer classic bags that last vs fast fashion, those i like to admire vs own.

I haven't purchased any mk bags in about a year. I don't like the new styles. I want to sell all my big hamiltons because they are too big for me now. I have at least ten of them. I used to love them so much. I do like a couple of small wallets. I still love the saftiano leather. Carrying totes, Suttons, and Selmas.

Reactions: oluchika
Not sure if this counts, I haven't purchased an MK bag in years, but I did buy a beautiful MK peacoat.

I'm from South Africa, and I see far too many fake MK bags, and it really puts one off.

I haven't purchased anything from MK in quite some time, mostly because the new designs do nothing for me, but I can't fault the quality of the bags I've had in the past/still own. As far as popularity goes in my area, while there's still a lot of people happily wearing the brand, it did get a major black eye not because of heavy discounting/clearance racks, but because of the "blatant copying" of other brands. In my city MK tends to sit either across or beside brands, such as Coach, and it didn't take long for the consumer to figure out what was going on and for the needle to be pulled off the record.

I've been noticing Michael Kors popularity has been decreasing as time progresses. I've noticed the brand hasn't been releasing anything worth buying recently. Do you think everyone's already tired and over the brand or do you think it's still going strong?
I really hate to agree with you but you may be right. I get more views on my YT channel for Michael Kors, but then there is a whole market of people on YT that "hate" MK and charge their dislike behind his similar bags. But then they have no answer when folks point out that most other designers do the same thing. Either way, I still love MK and think he makes a great product.

Reactions: Butterdaisy