Tech IPad 2 black or white

Black. My iPhone is black as well. I guess I just see it as a more versatile color than white? Plus, I guess I'd be afraid of getting the white dirty, or that dirt, scratches, what-have-you would show up more obviously on the white than the black.

Black. My iPhone is black as well. I guess I just see it as a more versatile color than white? Plus, I guess I'd be afraid of getting the white dirty, or that dirt, scratches, what-have-you would show up more obviously on the white than the black.

That's true. A scratch could get dirt in it and that would show on the white a lot more than on black and over time could get pretty dirty looking... a scratch by itself would show worse on black though I think

As a family of 4 -- we went with the black, shows less wear. I might have gone with the white as the USB cable comes in white only as far as I know, so it would have been matching.

I don't know if this is the same elsewhere, but we had to pay an extra $50 for the black version b/c of the demand :wondering

Black border makes the colors more vivid and good for badass gaming and videos. We're planning on getting the black Otterbox case for it anyway so black-on-black made sense.

White is good for looking at a pure image w/o the optical "pop" of a dark border, like illustrations, digital paintings or plain text. It seems more of a architectural, modern utilitarian look to me, which I love too.

I don't know enough of the composition of iPad whites, but we were concerned about fingerprints and scrapes showing (used by kids as well) and the possibility of the composition of white plastic to turn yellow with age (this is not something I know for sure).

why are my posts so friggin' long

I ended up getting the white -- the color really doesn't matter too much to me. I figure since I have a MacBook Pro with black borders and a black iPhone, the white was a change a pace. Honestly, what informed my decision was what was actually available at the store when I went in -- I just wanted iPad really badly ;)

My boyfriend bought the white one a week and a half ago. At first I wanted him to get the black, but I think I actually like the white better, even though it is in a black case. my first iPod was white, and I never had a problem with it scratching/yellowing, so I doubt that we will have a problem with the iPad.

I have a black and I would recommend it over the White as some films or online videos have black frames which could be quite distracting if your iPad is White. If I watch anything with a frame it blends seamlessly with the black border.