Involuntary Coach ban support group

My DH also likes to throw away everything. One time, he threw out his Disneyland pass at the end of the day after our visit (the pass was good for 4 visits a year, so he only got to use it once, guess he didn’t know/realize/remember).
Oh no!! That’s terrible.
I like how you two worked together and he helped you with this! Congrats on getting your closet organized!
Thanks! He really helped hold me accountable, and I love him for that. That being said, he is also my biggest enabler when it comes to buying bags [emoji23]
It was sobering to see all the bags spread out in the living room. After sleeping on it I have a little more motivation to downsize my collection even further!
Oh wow that’s great! Maybe I need to watch some episodes because I can’t seem to get motivated to do it. I had a 3 day weekend, which would have been perfect to start but nope. Didn’t do it. I cleaned. I just didn’t organize or get rid of anything. [emoji85]
Thanks! Don’t be too hard on yourself, it took me over 6 months to be motivated to sell again. Watching Marie’s new show definitely helped.
I get the shoe and earrings deal. I just got back from a drive to Nordstrom 90 minutes away and returned a PILE of items. I also returned many items to Bloomingdale's. I have two more pair of boots to sell and 4 more bags plus I just gave two bags to a friend. Speed dating is a great idea, and I think I need to do some of that with my shoes/boots!!
Oh wow. That’s such a long drive to make returns, especially in the cold weather you’re having.
Good luck with your speed dating and sales!!

I bet the jewelry costs a bundle too! The complete outfit may cost more than my entire collection!
I read a comment awhile ago on another thread where someone said they could take a chance on buying a $300 purse because it was cheap, and wouldn't be a big deal to donate if it didn't work out. They said it was just the cost of a nice dinner.

Wow. And I’m crying here about losing $25 on anything.

I get the shoe and earrings deal. I just got back from a drive to Nordstrom 90 minutes away and returned a PILE of items. I also returned many items to Bloomingdale's. I have two more pair of boots to sell and 4 more bags plus I just gave two bags to a friend. Speed dating is a great idea, and I think I need to do some of that with my shoes/boots!!

At least it’s all out of the house! I’ve been using one bag a week since the beginning of January (Neverfull GM, Speedy B25, and Pochette Métis). This week is the start of the 4th bag (Chloe Roy Bucket). I find it to be much less stressful than when I would change out 2 to 3 times a week. I’ve been cheating a little in that I’m using bags I know I love to use often.
I also gave my Kusama Neverfull to my cousin for her 20th year celebration. So now I’m down to 11. Woo boo!

At least it’s all out of the house! I’ve been using one bag a week since the beginning of January (Neverfull GM, Speedy B25, and Pochette Métis). This week is the start of the 4th bag (Chloe Roy Bucket). I find it to be much less stressful than when I would change out 2 to 3 times a week. I’ve been cheating a little in that I’m using bags I know I love to use often.
I also gave my Kusama Neverfull to my cousin for her 20th year celebration. So now I’m down to 11. Woo boo!

Oh wow, you are at 11!!!! Fantastic!!! And so nice of you to give your Kusama NF to your cousin — I love that red one.

Wow! Good for you! And what a sweet gift [emoji1]

Reactions: Chiichan
Oh wow, you are at 11!!!! Fantastic!!! And so nice of you to give your Kusama NF to your cousin — I love that red one.

Yes! I’d ideally like to be at 10 or 12. I really started wanting a MWT Speedy. After using my Speedy B25 in the rain I felt like it would be nice to have something slightly bigger and carefree. I’m really going to miss that Neverfull but I know she’ll take good care of it so it will be ok. [emoji32]lol

Wow! Good for you! And what a sweet gift [emoji1]

Thanks! I’m pretty happy with what I have right now. There are two bags I still want to add but I’m not in a hurry and I really want to enjoy the stuff I got last year.

I hope she brings it when she sees me so I can fawn over it from a distance. The things I do for family [emoji54] lol

DH and I watched a couple of Marie Kondo episodes on Netflix and we were both motivated to do some cleaning. I ended up going though my makeup/hair stuff, my clothes, and my bags.
DH made me bring all of my bags into our living room. He could tell I was overwhelmed, so he suggested sorting into 3 piles- Love, Like, and sell. After I did that he told me to pick 5 bags from the “like” pile to keep, bringing my total to 33 (3 of those are small crossbodies like the soho). I now have 13 bags to list! It feels good to have an organized closet.
I think from here I will speed date my other bags and sell/keep accordingly.
I’ve noticed that my other problem areas with “collecting” includes earrings, bikinis, makeup, and shoes.
I hope you all have a great week!
Great Hubby! I could not do this with my DH. He does not have patience and wants things done in a few minutes...

Reactions: Sarah03 and whateve