Involuntary Coach ban support group

DH and I watched a couple of Marie Kondo episodes on Netflix and we were both motivated to do some cleaning. I ended up going though my makeup/hair stuff, my clothes, and my bags.
DH made me bring all of my bags into our living room. He could tell I was overwhelmed, so he suggested sorting into 3 piles- Love, Like, and sell. After I did that he told me to pick 5 bags from the “like” pile to keep, bringing my total to 33 (3 of those are small crossbodies like the soho). I now have 13 bags to list! It feels good to have an organized closet.
I think from here I will speed date my other bags and sell/keep accordingly.
I’ve noticed that my other problem areas with “collecting” includes earrings, bikinis, makeup, and shoes.
I hope you all have a great week!

Oh wow that’s great! Maybe I need to watch some episodes because I can’t seem to get motivated to do it. I had a 3 day weekend, which would have been perfect to start but nope. Didn’t do it. I cleaned. I just didn’t organize or get rid of anything. [emoji85]

View attachment 4317012 @Syren, this is the fun little clutch I mentioned seeing on my first visit to TPF. :faint:
I bet the jewelry costs a bundle too! The complete outfit may cost more than my entire collection!
I read a comment awhile ago on another thread where someone said they could take a chance on buying a $300 purse because it was cheap, and wouldn't be a big deal to donate if it didn't work out. They said it was just the cost of a nice dinner.
That's not good at all. For what it's worth I had a dental filling come out years ago( I mean years ago, like 6, maybe).

My dentist superglued it back in because it fit perfectly and wasn't damaged. Still there, fingers crossed.

I think your turnlock would hold!

I vote for the superglue!
We used to know a doctor who used superglue for cuts on her skin. It sounds weird to have it in your mouth.

I bet the jewelry costs a bundle too! The complete outfit may cost more than my entire collection!
I read a comment awhile ago on another thread where someone said they could take a chance on buying a $300 purse because it was cheap, and wouldn't be a big deal to donate if it didn't work out. They said it was just the cost of a nice dinner.

We used to know a doctor who used superglue for cuts on her skin. It sounds weird to have it in your mouth.
I know, but it works!!

Reactions: whateve
I sold a bag! It was the one I had listed the longest. I only have 2 things that have been listed longer but they aren't bags. I'm so happy!

Oh that must feel nice! Congrats!

Is the eBay bucks deal still going on? I’ve had a few people request more pics and info on a couple of my bags. Also some of my longest listed items! (Only 2 months or so lol) I countered an offer I received so hopefully they accept.

I sold a bag! It was the one I had listed the longest. I only have 2 things that have been listed longer but they aren't bags. I'm so happy!

That’s great. Isn’t it a relief to sell these items that have been listed for a long time? I have a few small items that have been listed forever — feel sad for them :sad:

I guess it is all relative (when it comes to money). [emoji14]

Oh that must feel nice! Congrats!

Is the eBay bucks deal still going on? I’ve had a few people request more pics and info on a couple of my bags. Also some of my longest listed items! (Only 2 months or so lol) I countered an offer I received so hopefully they accept.
Ebay bucks deals usually last 2 days so it is over now. Now every ebayer knows about ebay bucks.
That’s great. Isn’t it a relief to sell these items that have been listed for a long time? I have a few small items that have been listed forever — feel sad for them :sad:
I feel sad for mine. One is a pair of shoes. I didn't record the date that I first listed them but I'm sure it has been years. Actually my two oldest listed items may never sell. I just realized they are the same brand, and that brand doesn't sell.
Oh awesome congrats!!
Thanks!

DH and I watched a couple of Marie Kondo episodes on Netflix and we were both motivated to do some cleaning. I ended up going though my makeup/hair stuff, my clothes, and my bags.
DH made me bring all of my bags into our living room. He could tell I was overwhelmed, so he suggested sorting into 3 piles- Love, Like, and sell. After I did that he told me to pick 5 bags from the “like” pile to keep, bringing my total to 33 (3 of those are small crossbodies like the soho). I now have 13 bags to list! It feels good to have an organized closet.
I think from here I will speed date my other bags and sell/keep accordingly.
I’ve noticed that my other problem areas with “collecting” includes earrings, bikinis, makeup, and shoes.
I hope you all have a great week!
I get the shoe and earrings deal. I just got back from a drive to Nordstrom 90 minutes away and returned a PILE of items. I also returned many items to Bloomingdale's. I have two more pair of boots to sell and 4 more bags plus I just gave two bags to a friend. Speed dating is a great idea, and I think I need to do some of that with my shoes/boots!!