Inside Job? UPS falsified delivery signature or gave my package to someone else

And as I noted the driver who didn't have 'time' resigned, but would have been fired if he didn't quit.

Unfortunately, my husband is one of the drivers who has to fix the mistakes made by the other drivers who don't pay attention most of the time.[/QUOTE

I get where you are coming from. I do believe that many of the drivers at UPS (like your hubby) take their work seriously and do the right thing. My biggest issue is the dispatch center seems uninterested in doing things the proper way. I call UPS customer service for status updates, I call LV to get updates. Both say someone will get back to me from the local dispatch location and it never does. As I mentioned, I spoke the LV Store Manager because they got a call from UPS that I am hard to get a hold of and no one has tried to contact me (calling the LV store manager back again). I was in communication with someone on UPS customer service on the Twitter account. Wiil be reaching out to my local news station if this doesnt get resolved

I’ve been following this thread with interest, but haven’t commented much so I don’t get jumped on.
The package weight is most definitely wrong. One pound is not enough for the bag and packaging.
Many things could have happened from the time it was pulled from the shelf until the time it was misdelivered.
What I find shocking is the runaround OP is getting from all parties: NM, UPS and CC.
No one wants to bother to find this women’s missing package, even though it’s THEIR JOB.

I called NM credit card about an hour ago and I spoke to rep who was much more empathetic about my situation. She looked into my transaction and offered to put a dispute on it for 30 days. She asked me if I picked up the item in the store, I told her no it was shipped from Las Vegas to DC. She says the transaction was rang as a "take" meaning you buy it at the store and walk out and usually when you ship it should be rung as a "send" she flagged it in her notes. I also told her about the weight of the package and gave her my police report reference number.

She says their dispute team will call the store to get more information about the case and they will call me as well. I told her I haven't had much luck with folks calling me and I have been the one doing the calling. This was the first person I spoke to during this entire ordeal that made me feel that this was a priority. I thanked her for listening and documenting my concern.

I called NM credit card about an hour ago and I spoke to rep who was much more empathetic about my situation. She looked into my transaction and offered to put a dispute on it for 30 days. She asked me if I picked up the item in the store, I told her no it was shipped from Las Vegas to DC. She says the transaction was rang as a "take" meaning you buy it at the store and walk out and usually when you ship it should be rung as a "send" she flagged it in her notes. I also told her about the weight of the package and gave her my police report reference number.

She says their dispute team will call the store to get more information about the case and they will call me as well. I told her I haven't had much luck with folks calling me and I have been the one doing the calling. This was the first person I spoke to during this entire ordeal that made me feel that this was a priority. I thanked her for listening and documenting my concern.

Progress at last! Here’s hoping for a positive outcome. Keep us posted.

Ah...now it sounds like you are getting somewhere! Sometimes all it takes is to find the right person who is willing to take the initiative to do something to move a situation forward. Fingers crossed that you found that person with the credit card company rep!

Reactions: thriftstorelife
This wasn’t dealing with NM but I placed a order with Shopbop in May. My ordered was on the truck for delivery all of a sudden I get a notification it was delivered. I wasn’t home so I look on the cameras and there is no box at front door. I get home and no box anywhere. I call ups and the lady says it was delivered I said no it wasn’t. I proceed to look at all the cameras at front of house and I actually see the ups driver pass the house. He’s feet never touched my property. In this time ups calls me back and says she spoke to the driver and that he did deliver to my house. I said that’s funny because I have cameras on the outside of my house and you can clearly see him drive past and no one so much as stepped foot on my property. I said people lie cameras don’t so you better talk to your driver again and hung up. In the middle of the night at 3:00am the camera shows someone pull up in a car walk on the perimeter of the property and leave the box on the bottom of stairs. It clearly was the driver who knew he got caught. He clearly tried avoiding the camera at all costs. My neighbor has gotten packages of mine and walks right up the driveway not walking on the side of property to avoid being seen. Cameras are a beautiful thing! I hope you get a credit ASAP on your card.

This wasn’t dealing with NM but I placed a order with Shopbop in May. My ordered was on the truck for delivery all of a sudden I get a notification it was delivered. I wasn’t home so I look on the cameras and there is no box at front door. I get home and no box anywhere. I call ups and the lady says it was delivered I said no it wasn’t. I proceed to look at all the cameras at front of house and I actually see the ups driver pass the house. He’s feet never touched my property. In this time ups calls me back and says she spoke to the driver and that he did deliver to my house. I said that’s funny because I have cameras on the outside of my house and you can clearly see him drive past and no one so much as stepped foot on my property. I said people lie cameras don’t so you better talk to your driver again and hung up. In the middle of the night at 3:00am the camera shows someone pull up in a car walk on the perimeter of the property and leave the box on the bottom of stairs. It clearly was the driver who knew he got caught. He clearly tried avoiding the camera at all costs. My neighbor has gotten packages of mine and walks right up the driveway not walking on the side of property to avoid being seen. Cameras are a beautiful thing! I hope you get a credit ASAP on your card.
Dang. Gees, sure is a good thing to have those cameras. We really need to get some installed. Sorry for being off topic OP...Missyb, you’re obviously happy with your cameras, would you mind sharing what model/type you use? Our neighbor had a box placed on her mailbox (postman/woman didn’t bother going to their door with it) by USPS, ended up getting stolen. People are more and more brazen these days. Seems cameras have become a necessity.
OP, your situation certainly has become a fuss. I feel for you. Surely it will work out in the end. Good job keeping your wits about you.

Last edited:

So glad to hear this! It will all work out.

In the middle of the night at 3:00am the camera shows someone pull up in a car walk on the perimeter of the property and leave the box on the bottom of stairs. It clearly was the driver who knew he got caught. He clearly tried avoiding the camera at all costs.
Wow! This peaked my interest, did you call back and report this? This person is clearly dishonest, this was willful theft! He clearly shouldn’t be working handling people’s deliveries.

Reactions: BAGLADY 3375
OP I’m so glad you might finally be getting somewhere with all this drama! There’s no “class” involved as a few posters suggested- just do your job. He or she dropped the ball. He or she should suck it up admit the mistake- you didn’t deliver two packages to the correct address. You delivered one package to “PPP”. it’s really not so difficult. The driver should be held responsible- who is PPP?

Reactions: hollyld and cbarrus
Wow! This peaked my interest, did you call back and report this? This person is clearly dishonest, this was willful theft! He clearly shouldn’t be working handling people’s deliveries.

Yes and the local ups hub didn’t want to heard anything. The main ups was way more understanding and wanting to hear what I had to say.