I'm Getting Scammed By EBAY And A Buyer. Am I Right Or Wrong Here?

Yes, they can be that unreasonable. I don't think they even bother to look at the "evidence" they ask you for unless the case is appealed and/or you put lots of pressure on them to do so.

I think the only shot is to call them and bug them constantly until justice is somewhat acheived. Done it once in the only item I sold. Worked ^__^ and decided not to sell on ebay anymore. some buyers are too messed up....

IME buying is much safer than selling.

1) You can screen your seller; it's harder to screen buyers. You can limit buying to listings that look legit, sellers with good feedback. But when selling, suspect buyers can come in and bid and there's not much you can do. And buyer feedback is all but meaningless now that eBay no longer allows sellers to leave negatives for buyers.

2) PayPal and eBay tend to favor buyers in disputes.
I agree- 100%!

i had a similar situation...i sold a coach as gently used (used it 2x) and still had all the tags and paperwork in it...took a bazillion pics of it inside and out...went on vacation and came back to phone calls and emails etc., stating that the "bag has garbage in it and hair"...um, EXCUSE ME??? so, i called ebay and they sided with the buyer and i refunded the money...NEVER GOT THE BAG BACK...called ebay and they said "well, it appears as though she got a label to ship it back to you" and i said "well, it doesn't take 3 weeks to get a bag across country unless it was shipped pony express"...they still sided with her....one night i was so pi$$ed off that i called ebay again and just kept asking for a manager...finally got one who OVERTURNED the decision! she was actually human, compassionate and saw that i was being scammed...i say, don't take no for an answer...i can hear your frustration and anger and i don't blame you a bit....good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Ugh that person sounds like she/he has absolutely no principles whatsoever! I am still amazed by how far people are willing to go to in order to scam others and to 'borrow' items. What is with the sense of entitlement with people nowadays?!!!

I will definitely stay away from E-bay, my friend has an account and will purchase hard to find things on my behalf sometimes (thank goodness!) but i would never open my own account, too scared of being scammed!
I hear ya! Some wealthy ppl are like that. Some not all of course. They think they are entitled to do whatever they want! Uggh :rant:

I wish I could do that! I've been unemployed for 16 months. So I need some extra money.

And the even scarier thing is that it's getting worse. People buy something from you as used and don't read the description then leave you neg feed back because the item was more used then they thought. Even with all kinds of pics and blowing every imperfection out of proportion they still try to do snad and they know they got u cuz eBay always sides with the buyer.
Yup that's going around too! It stinks!

It would help to have some dated photos (it can be in the properties of digital files) you took of the bag's details when selling it as proof if she did do something unatural to the bag, ebay can't be that unreasonable since you guys are the ones feeding them if you know what I mean...

Thanks for the info here. It sounds like a good idea! :smile:

i had a similar situation...i sold a coach as gently used (used it 2x) and still had all the tags and paperwork in it...took a bazillion pics of it inside and out...went on vacation and came back to phone calls and emails etc., stating that the "bag has garbage in it and hair"...um, EXCUSE ME??? so, i called ebay and they sided with the buyer and i refunded the money...NEVER GOT THE BAG BACK...called ebay and they said "well, it appears as though she got a label to ship it back to you" and i said "well, it doesn't take 3 weeks to get a bag across country unless it was shipped pony express"...they still sided with her....one night i was so pi$$ed off that i called ebay again and just kept asking for a manager...finally got one who OVERTURNED the decision! she was actually human, compassionate and saw that i was being scammed...i say, don't take no for an answer...i can hear your frustration and anger and i don't blame you a bit....good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Glad they sided w/ you & it all worked out. She was definitely tryin a scam on ya!

Thanks. I sure will ;)

Well my good ladies I tried the appeal & got nowhere. They stuck by their assinine decision and sided with the buyer. She was obviously rough w/ the MK bag and ruined it! Crazy. I hate ebay errr scam-bay!

Well my good ladies I tried the appeal & got nowhere. They stuck by their assinine decision and sided with the buyer. She was obviously rough w/ the MK bag and ruined it! Crazy. I hate ebay errr scam-bay!
OMG. Those idiots. You completely got the shaft. I'm sorry. If it was me I'd still file a buyer protection abuse report and a complaint against eBay with the BBB.

PurseCrazyGal said:

That's not right. I think you might be able to file a claim in small claims court. or contact the bbb