ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Hi! Any idea what this little pouch is called and what year it was made? No numbers on the creed. Measures approx 4.5"H x 7.5"W x 1.5"D. Thank you!

ETA: I think I found it! Coach Chuncky Case 7165 maybe early to mid 80s? Probably shouldn't have a hang tag, maybe attached later?

IMG_1992.jpegIMG_1993.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi! Any idea what this little pouch is called and what year it was made? No numbers on the creed. Measures approx 4.5"H x 7.5"W x 1.5"D. Thank you!

ETA: I think I found it! Coach Chuncky Case 7165 maybe early to mid 80s? Probably shouldn't have a hang tag, maybe attached later?

View attachment 5959060View attachment 5959059
Should have a hangtag. The earliest versions of this didn't have a creed. This one is from the late 90s or early 2000s.

Should have a hangtag. The earliest versions of this didn't have a creed. This one is from the late 90s or early 2000s.
Damn, I didn't realize that they made this bag for so many years! You're right though, the creed didn't come until later. I'm wondering when they started to stamp the outside corner with the logo? I'll have to check out the old catalog files.

Damn, I didn't realize that they made this bag for so many years! You're right though, the creed didn't come until later. I'm wondering when they started to stamp the outside corner with the logo? I'll have to check out the old catalog files.
The logo has always been on the outside corner, as long as they've made the style. If they didn't do that, we would have no way to prove it was made by Coach.

I'm a bit confused about the sizing of Coach Rogue bags.

The link below is for my Dark Denim Rogue 38124 and we used to call this the "Regular Rogue" and it's the size that I like.

I know that Rogues came in smaller and larger versions but when I see rogues listed for sale, I have a hard time figuring out the size. For example, is the Rogue 25 the same as the Regular size or is it the small size? Help!

I'm a bit confused about the sizing of Coach Rogue bags.

The link below is for my Dark Denim Rogue 38124 and we used to call this the "Regular Rogue" and it's the size that I like.

I know that Rogues came in smaller and larger versions but when I see rogues listed for sale, I have a hard time figuring out the size. For example, is the Rogue 25 the same as the Regular size or is it the small size? Help!

Rogue 25 is smaller.

Reactions: katev
We've had some discussions in the past of some unusal fasteners on various coach bags including snaplocks, spring closures, and turnlocks.

My suede fringe dinky 86821 has a rather unique turnlock construction that I don't recall seeing on other coach bags. It operates like a regular metal turnlock but it has a leather-covered center piece that can fold down - I guess it acts as an extra "security" lock?

You can see a picture of it here and there are more photos at the link below. Has anyone seen a similar style turnlock on other bags? Do you think that my guess is right that it is supposed to function as a security lock - or maybe it is just a bit of extra decoration - or both?!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1813#post-33767580

1710866604546.png

We've had some discussions in the past of some unusal fasteners on various coach bags including snaplocks, spring closures, and turnlocks.

My suede fringe dinky 86821 has a rather unique turnlock construction that I don't recall seeing on other coach bags. It operates like a regular metal turnlock but it has a leather-covered center piece that can fold down - I guess it acts as an extra "security" lock?

You can see a picture of it here and there are more photos at the link below. Has anyone seen a similar style turnlock on other bags? Do you think that my guess is right that it is supposed to function as a security lock - or maybe it is just a bit of extra decoration - or both?!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1813#post-33767580

View attachment 5968996
This is such a pretty bag! I want to say I've seen a similar turn lock, but I can't place it. I can't see how the tiny piece of leather is enough of a deterrent to keep the turn lock from being turned or the flap from being opened if it is turned. I think it's decoration just based on the decorated plate around it.

Reactions: katev