ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Can anyone ID this teardrop key fob? The seller states it's from the early 2000s. PM also has a couple of listings for this same item in black with contrast stitching. How is "Vachetta" leather different than that of vintage coach bags?

Item: COACH Vachetta Leather Key Fob VINTAGE and Perfect
Seller: cestlavie5
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/COACH-...-VINTAGE-and-Perfect-634791a46149739f5bfdbf4e
I already told you I don't know the style but I can comment on vachetta. It is minimally processed and will darken if gotten wet or absorbs the oil from someone's hands. Often people aren't correct when they call things vachetta. If it is black vachetta, I haven't noticed an issue because you can't really see staining on black.

I already told you I don't know the style but I can comment on vachetta. It is minimally processed and will darken if gotten wet or absorbs the oil from someone's hands. Often people aren't correct when they call things vachetta. If it is black vachetta, I haven't noticed an issue because you can't really see staining on black.
Yes you did when I asked for an authentication, but I was hoping someone who visits this thread might recognize it.

I guess that means a Vachetta bag is more fragile regarding stains and such. Interesting to know - thanks for sharing that info. The fob being such a light color, it doesn't appear in the photos to have come in contact with any oil. Perhaps it's not really Vachetta as the seller stated.

Yes you did when I asked for an authentication, but I was hoping someone who visits this thread might recognize it.

I guess that means a Vachetta bag is more fragile regarding stains and such. Interesting to know - thanks for sharing that info. The fob being such a light color, it doesn't appear in the photos to have come in contact with any oil. Perhaps it's not really Vachetta as the seller stated.
It really doesn't look like vachetta to me.

Reactions: DL Harper
This isn't Coach, and I have posted in the general handbag TPF forum, but I am hoping that a fellow Coachie might have some ideas for me? Thanks!

I'm trying to solve a mystery and I don't even have any photos!

I have a friend who is not at all into fashion. Every time I see her she is carrying what appears to be a well-made, plain, smallish, older, tan leather bag.

I think that she has had the bag for years and I have never had a chance to examine it closely, but when she opens the bag I've noticed that it has pink floral print pattern on the white/cream fabric lining.

I'd like to figure out what kind of bag it is and perhaps offer to rehab it for her, because it has gotten rather beaten up over time.

She is rather a private person so I've hestitated to ask about her tired-looking bag. It looks British Tan but I'm sure that it isn't a Coach bag, and I have done some research online and on TPF but I haven't found a leather bag with a similar lining.

Maybe it's a Fossil Bag, did they ever come with floral linings? Any suggestions to help me narrow down the search? I will try to sneak a picture of the bag the next time I see her, thanks!

This isn't Coach, and I have posted in the general handbag TPF forum, but I am hoping that a fellow Coachie might have some ideas for me? Thanks!

I'm trying to solve a mystery and I don't even have any photos!

I have a friend who is not at all into fashion. Every time I see her she is carrying what appears to be a well-made, plain, smallish, older, tan leather bag.

I think that she has had the bag for years and I have never had a chance to examine it closely, but when she opens the bag I've noticed that it has pink floral print pattern on the white/cream fabric lining.

I'd like to figure out what kind of bag it is and perhaps offer to rehab it for her, because it has gotten rather beaten up over time.

She is rather a private person so I've hestitated to ask about her tired-looking bag. It looks British Tan but I'm sure that it isn't a Coach bag, and I have done some research online and on TPF but I haven't found a leather bag with a similar lining.

Maybe it's a Fossil Bag, did they ever come with floral linings? Any suggestions to help me narrow down the search? I will try to sneak a picture of the bag the next time I see her, thanks!
could it be Brighton? A lot of those have floral linings.

ETA: most Brightons have silver hardware.

You got lucky that they haven't purged their information. In the past I have chatted with them and they told me they don't have access to information about anything older than 10 years in their system.
oh wow! Just happy to know its an alternative, because I have seen it literally No Where! Do you think its made to look like the twill musette ?

oh wow! Just happy to know its an alternative, because I have seen it literally No Where! Do you think its made to look like the twill musette ?
Ah yes it sure looks like it but I can't say for sure whether it's the Musette or the Carrier version without measurements and other details. Musette didn't have a back pocket and was smaller than the Carrier.