35F39900-4783-434C-868E-81F0BE094DA5.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 67EC5F73-644B-41D0-8CAA-EBDFCC292B8C.jpeg
    67EC5F73-644B-41D0-8CAA-EBDFCC292B8C.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1355C4F4-9AC9-4A34-8877-780A4FBC8F8D.jpeg
    1355C4F4-9AC9-4A34-8877-780A4FBC8F8D.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 3
Question for the coach historians here: Did Coach ever make any bags with no creed/stamped logo? With only a hangtag?

I just thrifted a bag with hardware that reminded me of vintage Coach (for reference I have a Court bag). Made of leather, unlined suede interior but there's no creed inside. The pull on the inner pocket's zipper matches my Court's too. After doing some research at home I realized it looks just like the Regina bag but without the hangtag or creed. I bought this bag just based off of how it looks and NOT for the possibility of it being Coach. If everyone tells me there's no way this is real Coach, it wouldn't change a thing about how much I love this bag, but I'm just curious :smile:

Reactions: Lake Effect
Question for the coach historians here: Did Coach ever make any bags with no creed/stamped logo? With only a hangtag?

I just thrifted a bag with hardware that reminded me of vintage Coach (for reference I have a Court bag). Made of leather, unlined suede interior but there's no creed inside. The pull on the inner pocket's zipper matches my Court's too. After doing some research at home I realized it looks just like the Regina bag but without the hangtag or creed. I bought this bag just based off of how it looks and NOT for the possibility of it being Coach. If everyone tells me there's no way this is real Coach, it wouldn't change a thing about how much I love this bag, but I'm just curious :smile:

This is really an authentication request and should be posted in the Authenticate This Coach thread in the Coach Shopping subforum with the required details and photos. Nothing can be authenticated without photos and measurements listed in the READ ME post at the top of that thread's pages. And no "Coach" can be identified unless it's authentic. A hangtag doesn't prove anything.

As Hyacinth noted above, posting on the AT thread is appropriate. But I will chime in as a vintage Coach collector/enthusiatst, I have handled two bags imo that were dead on duplicates of known vintage styles (Legacy Zip and Monterey Hobo) with no creed stamp on the inside pocket. They were obviously made by someone who was skilled in crafting the authentic styles or bags based on these styles in order to imitate the authentic bag. Others have also posted on bags that are unmarked, striking duplicates. They are a bit of an enigma and without the appropriate Coach identifier stamp are basically an unbranded leather bag.

On the side of the box, the brown "Coach" tape looks like it's covering a white label that might have style info on it. I wonder if the brown tape lifts up.

Reactions: Jacynthe