I love when people admit to buying fakes :o)

Canal Street is fake purse capital of the US (I don't know if they have anything with that quantity anywhere else). Most people should know they are buying a fake there just from the prices.
Also, every mall around me has those stands that have the "as compaired to" sunglasses that you can get for $12. They never tell you there are real though.

I was at graduation for a friend and there was a lady who sat next to my mom--the two struck up a conversation and by the end of the ceremony they were pretty chummy. I had brought my Carly with me and when the lady pulled out HER bag, my mom nudged me on the shoulder and said "Look Laur, she has a Coach bag too!" I took one glance at it and said "It's fake", I mean it was a really bad fake. I may be new at the whole Coach thing but I can tell a bad fake when I see one. My mom then proceeded to laugh and call me a bag snob. And then I told her that's okay, as long as I'm not the one who looks like an idiot for carrying a fake. It was just horrifying! Maybe the lady didn't know it wasn't authentic...who knows. Good thing I had my pretty Carly to make me look good :0)

i felt totally awful for one of my coworkers this past christmas.

everyone at work KNOWS i love coach (and they make fun of me for it-- well the guys do). i text msged one of my coworkers merry christmas and she texted me back and said "my sis in law bought me a coach bag!" she had always been admiring mine and didnt have one herself so i was happy for her......... until she brought it in to show me.

it was a GOACH...... with plastic wrap on the handles. i didnt know what to say, so i said "well, i havent seen that one on the website" and went back to my desk.

THANKFULLY, she realized a few days later it was fake... and went out and bought herself a REAL coach bag. i woulda felt awful if she continued to think it was a real bag, but..... she was so excited and i couldnt bear to let her down!

wow.. its one thing to buy a fake bag for yourself, but to buy it for a relative?!

at least she found out it was fake before she actually wore it out in public!