I love when people admit to buying fakes :o)

Yesterday, when I was at an outlet I saw so many ladies walking around the store with bags that screamed FAKE. (one Goach too!) Anyway, I politely asked one of the SAs how they can stand it. She said it's one thing when someone walks in and shops while carrying a fake. It's a complete nightmare when someone walks in trying to get a fake bag repaired. And, it happens more often than I thought...about once a week. She said some people know their bags are fake, but refuse to leave the store without giving them a hassle. Others clearly don't know, making it had to let them down easy. I was really shocked to hear this type of situation happens regularly.

a friend of mine buys fakes in NYC. she made this big deal about how when she went she had to go into this alley and into the back of a truck to get the bags. she said "they must be real if i had to do all that" i was like "why would you go in an alley with a strange man?!"

(ive seen the bags she's bought.. one was a huge coach duffle bag for like 30 bucks... alllllllllllll fake)

a friend of mine buys fakes in NYC. she made this big deal about how when she went she had to go into this alley and into the back of a truck to get the bags. she said "they must be real if i had to do all that" i was like "why would you go in an alley with a strange man?!"

(ive seen the bags she's bought.. one was a huge coach duffle bag for like 30 bucks... alllllllllllll fake)

dummy! they drag u in the alley in case u have a walkie talkie or a nextel (in this case, ur a detective) so they then proceed to hassle and threaten you!!

Two weeks ago, my mom came home from downtown with new sunglasses. She said "like my new sunglasses?? They're Coach!! I bought them off a cart for $5!!" My face was literally like :wtf: She's not into designer stuff as much as I am, but all of her Coach bags are real. After 3 days of explaining to her how disgusting fake designer things are, she finally bought a pair of Marc Jacobs sunnies and told me that she'll never buy knockoff things ever again!!

woohooo you were able to convince your mom that it's not right to endorse fakes. way to go girl. and she got some marc jacobs afterwards? oh that's just brilliant! hehehe. you deserve many brownie points:tup:

Several girls at work carry fakes and one was so proud of the fact that she got a Burberry on Canal St. "But it's real" she insists. I'm looking at it thinking "no way girl!!". Or someone will mention a purse party and how I can spend a lot less money. Then they think I'm a total snob when I say there's no way I'm buying a fake! I just don't get the fake bag thing :confused1:

Well, Saturday at the mall seems to be a fake Coach convention every weekend. Way more fakes than real. It kills my because there is a Coach boutique, a Macy's and a Dillards in my mall. I see people going into Coach carrying fake all the time. You know it has to really piss the SA's off. They seem to travel in packs, too. You'll see 3 or 4 women, all with horrible fakes, shopping together. I always wonder if they think no one can tell they are carrying a fake. Kills me!

I would rather put my hard earned money towards an authentic bag than buy a plastic fake!

BTW, I've never been to NYC but I've heard canal St. is the fake capital of the USA!

Today work was SUPER slow so when a customer came in, my coworker and I were absolutely delighted! Well, I started scoping out her "Coach" and I could tell it was fake. Well, I began ringing her up and she wanted to grab another shirt and walked away, leaving her purse on the counter. I said to my coworker, Alix, "Its a fake." so when the woman returned Alix says, "I really like your purse!" and the lady is all, "Thanks so much! Some of my girlfriends and I went to New York last summer and we LOADED up on purses. All knock-offs of course! Who knows?" I just kind of smiled and kept doing what I was... trying super hard not to laugh. Poor thing. *sigh* Oh well. Alix and I had a good laugh after she left. The really sad part was... she probably could have bought the real thing for the same, or less than, what she paid in New York. Ohhhh well. :rolleyes:

This happens to me everyday! I usually know the answer before I ask. Purse parties, purse parties, purse parties.

There has been 1 time in my 6 months of working as a SA at a dept. store that someone has said they bought it at a Coach store...

Most of them around here think they are real... and so on.

One girl was looking to get one off eBay and I told her to watch out because there are so many fakes and she's like"Well I guess if they put authentic in the add it makes it real..." I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ugh.

when I went to my outlet, of course everyone had coach bags, but there were women there with fake bags..nasty fakes too, it was very obvious...and people would just stare at the poor woman's fake bag.. I think it must take alot of nerve to walk in to a coach store-outlet or not- with a fake bag.
Just the other day this girl told me at school that she liked my bag-it was my leather soho flap- and she asked me if it was real...I was like uh of course it is.. and then i looked down to see her ugly hideous goach... I'm sure i stuck my nose up....I'm not a snob, but i want my bags to be real