I have to stop. No. Really. Seriously. I have to stop. (rant!)

\

Maybe set aside a piggy bank for Coach purchases only?
That's what I am doing for my wish list stuff!:yes:

100% agree here. I do this with anything I need money for in the future, whether it be a Coach bag or saving up for Christmas or friends' weddings. Only I don't keep the cash around. Too tempting. Here's what you do. Go to your bank, or as I prefer, www.ingdirect.com (much better interest rate). Open a savings account and set up an automatic transfer. You'd be surprised how fast $25-50 here and there adds up. That's your new Coach fund, and you can only buy anything Coach with that money, and I mean anything..doesn't matter if it's a keyfob or a bag.

Not to push ING, but if anyone is interested in opening an account with them, let me know. I can send you an invite that gets you $25 for signing up.

The main point I want to make is if money is tight, it should not be spent on purses. If you have plenty of money to spare, buy purses, but if not, it's probably best to use the money on other things, and have some savings in case of emergency.

I love purses a lot too, but we all have to be realistic sometimes.

If you really feel bad, sell a couple of things on ebay to make yourself feel better.

That's a GREAT idea! Thanks, Court!!! :heart:

100% agree here. I do this with anything I need money for in the future, whether it be a Coach bag or saving up for Christmas or friends' weddings. Only I don't keep the cash around. Too tempting. Here's what you do. Go to your bank, or as I prefer, www.ingdirect.com (much better interest rate). Open a savings account and set up an automatic transfer. You'd be surprised how fast $25-50 here and there adds up. That's your new Coach fund, and you can only buy anything Coach with that money, and I mean anything..doesn't matter if it's a keyfob or a bag.

Not to push ING, but if anyone is interested in opening an account with them, let me know. I can send you an invite that gets you $25 for signing up.
very good idea! I have a capital one high yield money market account (same idea as ING) and I make 5% apy, which adds up quick!

Pyari - WOW, even I don't feel bad about all the stuff I've gotten this year after seeing your list! You are a good, smart shopper!

Razorbackbelle - I think you're in that initial "lust" stage of a relationship, especially with your new Coach job. It sounds like you've done this with other interests and that once you're over the initial euphoria, you'll settle down. Your list is mostly small stuff. So long as you don't go into debt and are only using mad money to shop with, then I don't think you'll have any problems. But Batgirl is right that there are many more things in life that are worth our attention other than Coach. I know you know that because you and your fiance are making plans to explore the world together. Create a Coach budget and stick to it and even though all of us TPFers will tempt and enable you, just say no.

you'd be ashamed for me after looking at MY coach expenses:

Legacy shoulder in pond
Legacy stripe french wallet
legacy stripe coin purse wristlet
legacy stripe ponytail scarf
soho small flap in pear
patent leather coin purse
fragrance keychain
hamptons pinks sig. mini skinny

all, except for small flap and fragrance keychain: PCE purchases, at retail price (wow, that's like more than $1100 in 2 months).

so don't feel bad.

you'd be ashamed for me after looking at MY coach expenses:

Legacy shoulder in pond
Legacy stripe french wallet
legacy stripe coin purse wristlet
legacy stripe ponytail scarf
soho small flap in pear
patent leather coin purse
fragrance keychain
hamptons pinks sig. mini skinny

all, except for small flap and fragrance keychain: PCE purchases, at retail price (wow, that's like more than $1100 in 2 months).

so don't feel bad.

:smile: That does make me feel a bit better. The tab on mine is somewhere around $800. I guess it could be much worse. But you've got some great purchases there! :yes:

Another great idea-- wow, you ladies are full of them! :jammin:

That's usually what happens to me!

Thanks for your tips, everybody. I've taken a look at my finances and maybe it's not as bad as it seems-- I'm not trying to rationalize, but I don't have any debt except a car payment. No credit cards or anything because I refuse to have them. I buy stuff only after my bills are paid-- I pay all of my bills from my paycheck, then the remaining "mad money" goes to... well, madness-- lately, the madness is Coach. Before it was Coach, I went through a traveling phase where I spent all my money on that, and before that, it was clothes. I won't spend money unless I have extra, but I do go without playing golf and traveling to have lots of Coach :shame:

Oh, PyAri, you just made me feel better *dies!*

Kallison, you say you are no longer an lv virgin-- what did you get? I wanna see!

Sarah, I'm glad you aren't going into debt over this and are able to pay your bills. Are you also saving for long term and short term? I know at your age it seems stupid, but saving for retirement NOW is crucial - compound interest ROCKS! LOL Also, saving for shorter term things, like a down payment on a house, furniture, etc. It's important to remember to add those things into your budget. If you don't plan for it, it won't just "happen". KWIM? I would also encourage you not to look at someone else's list of purchases so you don't feel bad. Again, their budget isn't your budget. Obviously, as you've said, you've checked and you are ok afterall. But, list comparisons mean nothing in terms of what is right for you.

Sarah, I'm glad you aren't going into debt over this and are able to pay your bills. Are you also saving for long term and short term? I know at your age it seems stupid, but saving for retirement NOW is crucial - compound interest ROCKS! LOL Also, saving for shorter term things, like a down payment on a house, furniture, etc. It's important to remember to add those things into your budget. If you don't plan for it, it won't just "happen". KWIM? I would also encourage you not to look at someone else's list of purchases so you don't feel bad. Again, their budget isn't your budget. Obviously, as you've said, you've checked and you are ok afterall. But, list comparisons mean nothing in terms of what is right for you.
I totally agree. You need to SAVE some of that money! You never know what might happen. What if you get hurt like I did and can't work? If I didn't have lots of money saved up I would have been in big trouble. Also, don't look at what other people buy, those other people may have 3x more money than you do and a DH that makes lots too.

A house, furniture and retirement are more important that purses.

:yes: I didn't realize how much better I'd feel after I quit-- or how gross cigarettes actually are! :shame:

Thanks for the support, from everyone who's been supportive over me kicking the habit. I really appreciate it!

And to answer the other questions, yes, I have some small savings, and when I get my next raise I plan on saving it-- any money from the raise will go directly into the savings account to build it up! My grandmother's estate is also going to pay off my car, from what I understand, so I'm hoping to put the money I was paying towards a car payment every month, back as well, since I can live without it apparently.... I've got plans, if I can follow through with them! :yes:

Razorbackbelle - I think you're in that initial "lust" stage of a relationship, especially with your new Coach job. It sounds like you've done this with other interests and that once you're over the initial euphoria, you'll settle down....

I agree! We all been through that initial "lust" stage with Coach. Beleive me it does get better, I went through some of the same feelings as you did. I also brought more then I should have.

I really like the idea of a piggy bank. My friend got me one for my Anniversary and I love it. I'm able to save & when its full I take the proceeds straight to Coach.

I also like the idea that someone posted a while back about cutting back on spending money on things like lunch (pack it) etc. I think you will be fine.

You can also trying buying something just twice a month then go down to once a month.

Recognizing the problem is always a start to fixing it or controlling it!

And to answer the other questions, yes, I have some small savings, and when I get my next raise I plan on saving it-- any money from the raise will go directly into the savings account to build it up! My grandmother's estate is also going to pay off my car, from what I understand, so I'm hoping to put the money I was paying towards a car payment every month, back as well, since I can live without it apparently.... I've got plans, if I can follow through with them! :yes:

That's a great idea Sarah to put your car payment money towards saving. Smart thinking. :smile:

Julie, I'm interested in ING-- tell me what to do! :smile: