How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

The patient has a palsy of the frontal branch of the facial nerve which is why one eyebrow sits higher than the other. This may be a surgical complication. As the after is at 6 months, it appears permanent and may be due to injury of the facial nerve.
Without a medical background like yours I can't see it. If I was her and looked like the before and then the after, I would be doing a happy dance, especially when she's in her 70's.
I had my eyebrows tattooed way back around 1990 - not like how they measure you now with a ruler. The tatts are still there. My eyebrows are uneven and one is higher than the other but I cover it up with eye shadow. When I get around to have my browlift I have to tell the doctor not to use my eyebrows as a gauge!

@MissOrange, I have been reading up on HRT and one of the side effects is weight gain.

I fail to see how one can gain weight if you don't eat that much. Am I missing something?

Does HRT make a person more hungry than usual? But if one were to simply keep to their usual diet, how could there be weight gain?

@MissOrange, I have been reading up on HRT and one of the side effects is weight gain.

I fail to see how one can gain weight if you don't eat that much. Am I missing something?

Does HRT make a person more hungry than usual? But if one were to simply keep to their usual diet, how could there be weight gain?

Calories are important but they are not the only component of weight gain or loss. Hormones, metabolism, water retention are just a few of the other factors.

Reactions: MissOrange

Hi @Otto8, apparently HRT may cause weight gain through water retention if the oestrogen amount is too high. As my oestrogen is low, this patch seems to be fine and my weight is still 95 lbs. I guess one can work out if the HRT dose is too high, ie if one starts gaining weight. I recall when I was on the pill in my early 20s, ate very little yet couldn’t stop gaining weight to a whopping 112 lbs! So I think it caused water retention in me. When I stopped the pill, my weight dropped back down to a normal weight of 99 lbs. Back then I did not need extra oestrogen so my body reacted to the pill.

Reactions: Otto8
Hi @Otto8, apparently HRT may cause weight gain through water retention if the oestrogen amount is too high. As my oestrogen is low, this patch seems to be fine and my weight is still 95 lbs. I guess one can work out if the HRT dose is too high, ie if one starts gaining weight. I recall when I was on the pill in my early 20s, ate very little yet couldn’t stop gaining weight to a whopping 112 lbs! So I think it caused water retention in me. When I stopped the pill, my weight dropped back down to a normal weight of 99 lbs. Back then I did not need extra oestrogen so my body reacted to the pill.

Thank you.

Riddle me this, why would the doctor put a paranasal implant on this young girl? I mean she looks darn good but why?View attachment 5370898

Wow, I think paranasal implants are a bit extreme for me.

I don't know much about it. I googled it and briefly read the procedure.

I feel like I don't want to play that much with my face. For me, a facelift, some eye thing, fat transfer, lipo. For some people, that might already be too much.

All subjective I guess. But it shows you the influence a surgeon can weave over a patient.

I really don't like the hard sell of, oh, you need a facelift now because I can see big lumpy jowls. That's what one particular consultant told me when I was 48 years old. I was at that age when I saw this consultant, so I am wiser in that I know what I want and don't.

But a younger, insecure me might have said ok heck, why not?

Just to be clear, this is my jawline at 51 now. So at 48, I think it was sharper and yet the surgeon told me to do it, with remarks like you're full of jowls. I was not. I simply highlighted a concern that I would be heading that way and was trying to forecast what to do. Jawline 7 April 2022.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lien and MissOrange
Wow, I think paranasal implants are a bit extreme for me.

I don't know much about it. I googled it and briefly read the procedure.

I feel like I don't want to play that much with my face. For me, a facelift, some eye thing, fat transfer, lipo. For some people, that might already be too much.

All subjective I guess. But it shows you the influence a surgeon can weave over a patient.

I really don't like the hard sell of, oh, you need a facelift now because I can see big lumpy jowls. That's what one particular consultant told me when I was 48 years old. I was at that age when I saw this consultant, so I am wiser in that I know what I want and don't.

But a younger, insecure me might have said ok heck, why not?

Just to be clear, this is my jawline at 51 now. So at 48, I think it was sharper and yet the surgeon told me to do it, with remarks like you're full of jowls. I was not. I simply highlighted a concern that I would be heading that way and was trying to forecast what to do. View attachment 5374215
@Otto8 wow you have a baby lower face. You do not need anything. You already look 20s at age 51. You just look like you have baby cheeks. A sharp v line would make you look harsh and older imo. I went to pick up my mother’s of the bride dress from the dress alterations lady and she greeted me with the words, “Hello little girl.” Enough said.

@Otto8 wow you have a baby lower face. You do not need anything. You already look 20s at age 51. You just look like you have baby cheeks. A sharp v line would make you look harsh and older imo. I went to pick up my mother’s of the bride dress from the dress alterations lady and she greeted me with the words, “Hello little girl.” Enough said.

:drinks: You look wonderful and I am so pleased that you are happy with the FL.

I do want a sharper jawline at some point. I think the baby effect is due to the Profhilo. I have stopped it. Too much would tip me over into not-so-nice territory. I will let it wear off whilst I await consultations this year.

I take back my recommendation of Mascaro for lip lifts. I don’t know why he overshortened the philtrum in this lady on realself. Her philtrum to chin ratio was 1:2 so in my opinion did not need philtrum shortening. Now she has been left with a 6.7 mm philtrum which is way shorter than the ideal 11-13 mm philtrum of a young lady. Meanwhile my bullhorn lip lift with Miss Caroline Mills has held for over 5 years now and my philtrum is still 11 mms! She is an astoundingly great surgeon at lip lifts. Just a shame she has retired from private practice and only does NHS work. UK plastic surgeon at Coppergate Clinic where I had my facelift, Mr Christopher West seems to be promising based on an IG post of his b&a patient. And their prices are only £1950 for a lip lift which is less than the £2450 I paid over 5 years ago! Although that said, try to find ladies at least a year out to confirm longevity.

At almost 10 weeks post smas FL, my face is holding nicely. Still have to get to the 4-6 month mark. I think the HRT patch is working on my face. I look like I have had a facial. My skin is glowing. I have been on the patch for 4 weeks now.

https://www.realself.com/review/lip-lift-25-days-post-op?page=5#media-review-11319646-image-4103867

B3FFC215-CF12-4146-986C-FCACD2C47461.jpeg

3D711F1E-4FD5-4D3A-BB12-14C0A877852B.jpeg

56282900-7EA1-4875-A503-3DB7F2B4B5BE.jpeg

EDE54322-AD95-48BC-A0A6-8C9765BCC5CF.jpeg

81ECB88F-036E-4BE2-A708-0EE6BD9A8D99.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Otto8 and Gats
I take back my recommendation of Mascaro for lip lifts. I don’t know why he overshortened the philtrum in this lady on realself. Her philtrum to chin ratio was 1:2 so in my opinion did not need philtrum shortening. Now she has been left with a 6.7 mm philtrum which is way shorter than the ideal 11-13 mm philtrum of a young lady. Meanwhile my bullhorn lip lift with Miss Caroline Mills has held for over 5 years now and my philtrum is still 11 mms! She is an astoundingly great surgeon at lip lifts. Just a shame she has retired from private practice and only does NHS work. UK plastic surgeon at Coppergate Clinic where I had my facelift, Mr Christopher West seems to be promising based on an IG post of his b&a patient. And their prices are only £1950 for a lip lift which is less than the £2450 I paid over 5 years ago! Although that said, try to find ladies at least a year out to confirm longevity.

At almost 10 weeks post smas FL, my face is holding nicely. Still have to get to the 4-6 month mark. I think the HRT patch is working on my face. I look like I have had a facial. My skin is glowing. I have been on the patch for 4 weeks now.

https://www.realself.com/review/lip-lift-25-days-post-op?page=5#media-review-11319646-image-4103867

View attachment 5376603

View attachment 5376604

View attachment 5376606

View attachment 5376607

View attachment 5376608
Depends on what ‘look’ you’re going for. Some girls want this BUT you have to be very careful who you go to if you want extreme shortening. Once you’re cut there’s no going back. I’ve heard a woman who does over the top every thing eg HHH boobs now can’t close her mouth.

Depends on what ‘look’ you’re going for. Some girls want this BUT you have to be very careful who you go to if you want extreme shortening. Once you’re cut there’s no going back. I’ve heard a woman who does over the top every thing eg HHH boobs now can’t close her mouth.

This doctor does bullhorn and vermillion lift (if you want it)

Attachments

• tempImagea9b7me.png
    tempImagea9b7me.png
    525.1 KB · Views: 51