How many Hermes does Victoria Beckham Have?

I don't think that it has something to do with loving H. It's about spending money. Few days ago I read that VB has spent 2Mio$ for 100 Hbags. So? What has this in common with "I like the craftmanship"? For me it's like "OK we'll see, if I have to wait for one bag - I buy them all" and that fact has nothing to do with style.

This hate that the UK has towards Victoria is soo difficult for me to understand. I mean this is a country that loves bands like Atomic Kitten and Sugababes, Jordan sells covers and writes books (that sell..a lot!) and yet you hate on a mother of 3 with a love for style. I don´t want to offend any British people but could you explain this to me?

First and foremost, I am not British, but I've been living in the UK for over 13 years.

I think the word "hate" is too harsh to describe the public opinion here. A lot of people find it amusing and to a certain extent ridiculous how obsessed she is with cultivating an image rather being "real". She is perceived to be a bit full of herself, fake and a number of other things, but no need to dwell here. This has nothing to do with Britain not supporting the wonderful Spice Girls. VB loves attracting attention, in fact craves it. None of the other spice girls went so much out of their way to attract attention and the pblic stll like them. Of course being DB's wife, some of the attention came very naturally, but she intentionally multiplied it. There is a lot that can be discussed about her journey to where she is today after the Spice Girls split. The public loved her back then. Now these are general impressions re VB in Britain, which I agree with. One's opinions of VB, formed via watching her go through a very public journey from a spice girl to a sort of diva vs her more recent impressions on the international public may well be very different. Of course I cannot generalise, there are a lot of people in the UK who might disagree as well. Again just my personal views, no offense to VB fans.

First and foremost, I am not British, but I've been living in the UK for over 13 years.

I think the word "hate" is too harsh to describe the public opinion here. A lot of people find it amusing and to a certain extent ridiculous how obsessed she is with cultivating an image rather being "real". She is perceived to be a bit full of herself, fake and a number of other things, but no need to dwell here. This has nothing to do with Britain not supporting the wonderful Spice Girls. VB loves attracting attention, in fact craves it. None of the other spice girls went so much out of their way to attract attention and the pblic stll like them. Of course being DB's wife, some of the attention came very naturally, but she intentionally multiplied it. There is a lot that can be discussed about her journey to where she is today after the Spice Girls split. The public loved her back then. Now these are general impressions re VB in Britain, which I agree with. One's opinions of VB, formed via watching her go through a very public journey from a spice girl to a sort of diva vs her more recent impressions on the international public may well be very different. Of course I cannot generalise, there are a lot of people in the UK who might disagree as well. Again just my personal views, no offense to VB fans.

:yes::yes:

I so agree with these comments
I just got tired with the photos and stories in all the press
VB has changed so much since the spice girl days when all the youngsters so liked her

She just tries too hard and its all boring to me now
no offense to VB fans

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I really don't like VB. It may be because I'm in the UK and she has a completely different public image here as being fake, too concerned about her image etc. Anyway, without dwelling on that, I think she wants to cultivate a different image rather than the one she may have had that was a bit vulgar with in your face brands and logos. I don't think any of us can say for sure whether she gets paid by H or not, but I'd like to think probably not. Once you try H, it's difficult to enjoy other bags (with the exvception of Bottega Veneta for me) and H might have chosen a different celebrity for endorsement. Just my thoughts...

Do you honestly believe, after just writing that she is considered "fake & too concerned about her image etc. that Hermes would choose to have HER carry their bags? We CAN really say that she doesn't get paid by hermes to carry their bags - Dumas has said so himself.
In addition, she has been known to purchase some of her bags from resellers, some of whom are members here.

I like VB, I think she's fun, and funny. But she definitely doesn't get paid to carry Hermes, or get given the bags for free. Hermes have said it time and time again, and people seem to just not believe that they don't choose to have an association with a model/celebrity/ladywholunches. Anyone interested in this needs to read "Deluxe:How Luxury Lost it's Lustre". It explains this entire debate.

I am at LEAST as skanky as VB, I could do the job for FREE!......perhaps not as thin.....and not married to DB.......I reckon Hermes would pay David before they would pay Vicky!

Still love looking at her pics, though!

I really like her style and I think she's just got an amazing collection of H bags - her gold ostrich Kelly is my favourite. I couldn't be tempted with an offer to snog David - I'd rather trade that for a day in her closet :love: