how do you organize and store your nail polish?

Darn, looks like my post was deleted :P anyways....

How does temperature affect polishes? I ask this because I store my polishes on a shelf right next to a window that I keep slightly open at all time. It gets cold at night so the polishes get really cold overnight. Does this cool air ruin the polishes in any way? If it does I might need to find a new place to store all my polishes :/

Darn, looks like my post was deleted :P anyways....

How does temperature affect polishes? I ask this because I store my polishes on a shelf right next to a window that I keep slightly open at all time. It gets cold at night so the polishes get really cold overnight. Does this cool air ruin the polishes in any way? If it does I might need to find a new place to store all my polishes :/

Extreme temperature changes will change the consistency of nail polish. A dry, cool, dark place is the ideal place to store nail polish. However, I've heard of people who store their polish in refrigerators and claim it gives the polishes a longer shelf life, but I don't have any personal experience with this.

Extreme temperature changes will change the consistency of nail polish. A dry, cool, dark place is the ideal place to store nail polish. However, I've heard of people who store their polish in refrigerators and claim it gives the polishes a longer shelf life, but I don't have any personal experience with this.

Well then I guess where I keep my polishes is perfect then! Haha
Thanks!

My post was deleted. Here is my mess. I really want to get an Alex but I also like being able to take them with me places.

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

gga your collection is very impressive! :drool: I wish I had an Alex unit (I just had to look it up, I'd never heard of them before). My poor polishes are crammed into plastic containers in two of my dresser drawers.

I arrange them by color group. Blacks, greys, blues, greens, purples, and glitter in one container. Browns, reds, pinks, corals, oranges, and yellows in the other. My top and base coats just live wherever I leave them, usually on top of my dresser. I'd arrange them in true chromatic order if I had the space, they're grouped the way they are because I don't want to divide a color group between drawers. I really need a good storage system!

I guess DH would go berserk if I needed another fridge just to store polish! :giggles: