How Awful : Brandy Killed Someone By Accident** UPDATE**

UPDATE

In an exclusive conversation with the man driving directly behind Brandy at the time of her fateful crash, TMZ has learned that the singer repeatedly blamed herself at the scene of the accident.

"She got upset, talking about how it was all her fault ... she didn't stop, kept saying how she hit the lady," says the witness.

He added, "Brandy walked in front of traffic, crossing the lanes of speeding cars, then she did it again. People were honking at her to get out of the road. She was obviously disoriented and highly upset."

The witness also claims he tried to calm the hysterical singer, and even dished out some legal advice, saying he advised her to stop admitting guilt. He also consoled her by repeatedly saying "It was an accident."

The witness also claims he went over to check on the woman in the Toyota, but couldn't find a pulse.

Brandy was not injured. The driver of the Acura suffered moderate injuries.

Brandy was not arrested and there is no evidence drugs or alcohol were involved.

Police are doing a mechanical investigation of the cars involved in the accident to determine if there was a malfunction.

Brandy's "Moesha" co-star, Lamont Bentley, was killed in January, 2005 when his car plunged off the same freeway. Another "Moesha" co-star, Merlin Santana, was killed by a gunshot wound while sitting in the passenger seat of a car in 2002.

Thanks for the update Prada..

I don't know about respecting her privacy in all of this, just b/c someone is FAMOUS doesn't call for shall I say, "special treatment".

I doubt giving comeone privacy would be considered special treatment. If all the parties were non-famous people they wouldn't have the paparazzi crawling over them. This isn't just about Brandy: there is another family involved who have lost a loved one. They should be allowed to grieve in private.

I think the interesting question is, if the victim were Brandy, and the guilty party a food service worker, might there be those who would feel that jail time was appropriate?

It is almost certain that in such a case, the individual would be very likely to be subjected to jail time, though I would be extremely surprised if anyone in the prosecutor's office would suggest such a thing for Brandy. I will stand by my prediction of a community service sentence.
I agree with you ......she probably wouldn't even get that!

well...if i was that family who lost a loved one...i dont care if its the president. i would want that person in jail and get the punishment they deserve.

it sucks to be under more public scrutiny though, especially since she's a celeb

I was just watching some show in which Harvey Levin (of tmz.com) stated it could get really serious for Brandy..if the investigation proves there was no malfunction with the vehicle (stated it was a brand new 2007 Range Rover..didn't even have plates on it yet). He also reported that she was hysterical after the accident, repeatedly stating it was her fault. A witness to the crash apparently kept telling her stop saying that..because admission of guilt after such a horrific accident would not be good.

She could face felony manslaughter charges...

I cannot even begin to imagine how horrible she must feel

I was just watching some show in which Harvey Levin (of tmz.com) stated it could get really serious for Brandy..if the investigation proves there was no malfunction with the vehicle (stated it was a brand new 2007 Range Rover..didn't even have plates on it yet). He also reported that she was hysterical after the accident, repeatedly stating it was her fault. A witness to the crash apparently kept telling her stop saying that..because admission of guilt after such a horrific accident would not be good.

She could face felony manslaughter charges...

I cannot even begin to imagine how horrible she must feel

In an exclusive conversation with the man driving directly behind Brandy at the time of her fateful crash, TMZ has learned that the singer repeatedly blamed herself at the scene of the accident.

"She got upset, talking about how it was all her fault ... she didn't stop, kept saying how she hit the lady," says the witness.

He added, "Brandy walked in front of traffic, crossing the lanes of speeding cars, then she did it again. People were honking at her to get out of the road. She was obviously disoriented and highly upset."

The witness also claims he tried to calm the hysterical singer, and even dished out some legal advice, saying he advised her to stop admitting guilt. He also consoled her by repeatedly saying "It was an accident."

The witness also claims he went over to check on the woman in the Toyota, but couldn't find a pulse.

I posted the update, the person that was intervewied by TMZ was the driver behind Brandy, he tried to console her @ the scene, He also tried to help the lady, who later died.

:?: I have a legal question from all of this. If a noncelebrity person is involved in a fatal or serious accident where no drugs or drinking was involved are they arrested?

My friend George was hit by a bus a loooong time ago when we were like 8. He ran out into traffic (chasing the ice cream man) and the bus driver was going slightly over the speed limit (like 40 instead of 30). It was a horrific accident, but I don't remember the bus driver being arrested. I was there right after it happened because we lived on the same block, so I think I would remember if she was arrested. Are you only arrested if it's like 100% your fault? What if the person was jaywalking between two cars & you hit them (or something where it would be that person's fault)

Anyway, I'm just curious. OT I know.