Honestly, does birkin go grocery shopping?

omg, i never thought about "accidents" at the salon. i thought the grocery store was bad enough but can you imagine all the chemicals that could land on your precious bag. thank you for sharing that!

ok, some very good options. leave at home...nope, i want to carry birkin everywhere. leave in car...nope, i'm too paranoid. leave in child seat with strap through handle (maybe). put in nylon bag to carry on shoulder...nope, i want to carry birkin everywhere (except the salon now!)

i think eric summarized quite well, "She is troublesome at times but because she is so beautiful, I make excuses for her."

I take my Birkin everywhere with me, but she sits in the cart, carefully watched. And as far as salons go, I'm so lucky to have my stylist, who totally understands the value of a Birkin, so he has a special place in his station for it. He understands because he happens to do lots of celebrities' hair, and he told me that one of his clients, who's a movie director's wife, has a closetful of them!

Yes, the salon is scarier than the grocery. In NY I have seen Birkins with plastic bag coverings--not sure if the salon provided or if the client used the raincoat. I usually cover my bag with my sweater or jacket--they always want to hang it up-but I keep it for bag protection.

yes i do take my birkin to the grocery store but it's because usually i've gone somewhere else before, or i'm rushing out and don't feel like putting all my things in another bag. but then, i always go with my bf and he pushes the cart and puts the messy stuff in (ie veggies) - so she always comes out ok!

i think the tougher situation for me is in public bathrooms and it's hard to wash my hands without bumping her against the sink or setting her on the floor or towelling my hands dry without getting her wet. :sad:

Omg it was just a few days I took my Birkin the first time going to the grocery store after work and it was quite troblesome trying to protect her and trying to prevent from something bad happen to her. Thank God everything went okay but I remember I didn't want to put her on the cart and carrying her on the cook of my arms the whole time and trying being very careful not to get her close to anything that would harm her and at the same time picking up the grocery items..
I will try to be more relax next time or not taking her again to the grocery store..too much stress lol.

She is troublesome at times but because she is so beautiful, I make excuses for her.

:yes:

omg, i never thought about "accidents" at the salon. i thought the grocery store was bad enough but can you imagine all the chemicals that could land on your precious bag. thank you for sharing that!

:blink: i forgot about the chemicals (i get a straight up haircut). i was thinking about hair getting in it! :yucky:

and i wouldn't mind taking the birkin with me to the grocery if the child seat of the cart would fit it a bit better. i'm worried about scuffing up the corners.

Since my main activities are going to the grocery store or other equally mundane chores, my babies have to go ....or they wouldn't see the light of day much! :smile:
yuppers...same here rockerchic
no b yet, but i do put my babies in the cart on 3 attached plastic veggie/fruit bag, so they are protected on all sides.
angie

My birkin goes everywhere in any weather!!

I figure that I bought her to use and love, so that's what I do! The leather is chevre, so it withstands much of the abuse.

In the end, I would rather have a well-loved worn birkin than a new pretty one that spent too much time in my closet!

Leave the Birkin locked up in the car and just take your atm card and keys. Or send your DH to the store. Even better--eat out.

A friend of mine put her Birkin in the trunk while she went grocery shopping, and it was stolen never to be seen again...the police had a hard time understanding that a purse could cost so much.

I keep mine with the in the cart and put my sweater or light jacket over it. Bag is usually a dark togo or clemence leather.

Love my babies, and am very careful, watchful. But they are meant to be carried, no ? :heart:

Shh...but I took mine to Costco this last week... :yes:

LOL, HL........Just went to Costoco with Gold Togo Birkin just the other day! She sat in the basket on top of the family size pack of toilet paper!!!!!

I do the same thing. Just toss a light sweater (which I always seem to have with me) over her and she's good to go. I love when my bags get that lived-in, loved look and begin to shed that brand-new-bag thing.