Honestly, does birkin go grocery shopping?

I use my Birkins to go everywhere! If I need both hands, I simply put my birkin on my shoulder. All the Birkins I have works fine on my shoulder when I put it on (Birkin 25cm looks funny and kind of feels tight on the shoulder... So, I don't really use Birkin 25cm on the shoulder unless I really really have to:P ).

I just LOVEEE easy access of Birkin. If I want to keep my stuff securely, I close the flap (very rarely).

i have taken the birkin to the grocery store a couple of times...but unfortunately it is too wide (a 35 cm) for the child part of the cart and i'm too paranoid to put it in the bottom part of the cart. so it hangs from the crook of my arm. i have to say that the muscles on my left forearm are a lot tougher than they used to be! :yes:

i would never ever ever leave my birkin in my car or my trunk, i'm too too paranoid for that. it would freak me out...i'd much rather leave it at home or just use it in the crook of my arm on unplanned trips. i like the idea of leaving a larger tote bag in the trunk to put it in so i can carry it on my shoulder...

yes, hermes does need a tote that carries the birkin!

I take my Birkin everywhere except for Costco. The package sizes there are too big and I really need to use both arms to cradle them...I tried it once with the Birkin and it was nearly impossible.

NO really - I'm like Rockerchic. If I didn't take my nice things to the market they wouldn't go anywhere :rolleyes: .

I do use the small part of the cart and I put the child strap on for extra security but I'm no more than 1 step away from the cart at any time.

I don't take my H bags anywhere near the beauty salon though (nails or hair) in case of chemical spills.

LOL - over at my neck of the woods, you see Birkins ALL the time in various grocery/convenience stores. I've seen antiquated red croc birkins in Trader Joe's, beat-up neglected black birkins in Whole Foods, TDF barenia birkins in Walgreens, etc.

I take a bag w/a shoulder strap like my Kelly or Bolide or Trim. I help pack groceries where I market so I don't want to carry anything that I would need to place on the floor and get bumped.

The only place I've seen a B in my town is at the grocery! It was last Friday evening - a lovely blonde woman walked right toward me and out the door with a 30 (?) black togo/gold hw... I nearly passed out! I actually followed her (about 20 yards back) just to get another glimpse of that beauty!!

I have taken Kelly to Target several times - I lock her into the child seat by strapping the child belt through her handle BUT the cart never leaves my side...

Originally Posted by gracekelly
DH: "Honey, what did you make for dinner?"

DW" "Reservations"

This made me laugh :smile: Will have to try this when DH gets home :yes:

My first husband and I shared responsibilities for getting dinner on the table. When it was my turn, I used a cook book. And when it was his turn, he used a phone book. My second (and late) husband was a fabulous cook, and used a cook book as a springboard to his own inventive and delicious meals. He used to joke, though, that if you liked a particular meal that you should just enjoy it because you'd never have it again. He said it came from the Cookbook of Irreproduceable Results.

My Birkin stays in the cart. I make sure she's in an area where she is out of harm's way.......with bread!

At the check-out counter, she sits on the counter. And at the car, she patiently waits in the trunk while I load the car. She is troublesome at times but because she is so beautiful, I make excuses for her.