Honestly, does birkin go grocery shopping?

Girls please don't laugh at me.
I would take any of my Hermes bags with me to the supermart all the time, whether it's any of my Birkin bags, Kelly's, Plume, Paris Bombay, Birlingot, Bolide, Constance or my Trim. I bought them to use them so why not. The only one I won't take out to the store is my White Evelyne.

Now wanna know what I do?

:roflmfao: I'm laughing to myself cause I'm an idiot! lol This is funny

You know where the kids are supposed to go,... Well I strap that seat belt around the handles to my bags, use the produce bags to make a bed for my bag to sit on and a grocery bag to put my bag in. lol I know people look at me like I'm nuts when I'm shopping. I have not had a problem at all at the supermarkets. No one wants to mess around with a woman who spends 3 minutes wrapping up her bag so she can shop!

I love this. I might just try this tonight!:graucho:

I carry my Birkin to the store all the time. I am used to lugging my baby around so having the Birkin in the crook of my arm is no big deal. She weighs much less than the baby! My baby is in the cart so Birkin stays on my arm and I reach for things with my right hand. So far I've not had any issues. When we reach the car after shopping, I place the Birkin in my seat first, unload the kiddes and buckle them into their seats and then worry about the groceries. Birkin is scratch free and still in new condition. I find that with the Kelly if I put her on a shoulder strap I am likelier to bump her than when hand carrying her. The corner wear the Kelly has came from her being on a shoulder strap and morons actually hitting me with their carts. Yes - I almost had a coronary.

i can do the one-handed thing too but what kills me is the produce section, where I need both hands to put the often times wet produce into the plastic bags. so, i'd better start thinking about locking up the birkin in the child seat or shouldering one handle like someone mentioned.

^^ With produce, I use two hands to open the plastic bag and then use my right hand to grab the produce and fill the bag, held by my left hand. Birkin is on left arm. Honest, produce NEVER touches the bag and then I just tie the bag and drop it into the cart.

I am super duper anal about my bags, and can say that this is doable safely.