Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

Here is a nicely darkened Chasse au Bois, dipped twice in denim blue. The blue served to turn all the sage green into teal, and has really toned down the creepy fox to a more settled, calmer critter.
View attachment 3894368
I like the Sangles very much, but wow, Chasse au Bois turned into a real heartbreaker. Extra rich and velvety against that nice white, too. Double-denim-dipdye-delightful, dahling.

Reactions: Joannadyne
I love the reveals here!!! I finally picked up my dip dyes that were shipped to my home store. I will reveal one here but will wait to capture better pics of the other 2 when I feel like the photo looks accurate. I am super-pleased with the results!!!

Before of Les Tuileries:IMG_1512277829.803124.jpg
And after! Dipped in pink:
IMG_1512277852.980445.jpg
Many of you know I LOVE purple. To me, this scarf is now much more modern and wearable. I love the pretty copper-y color to which the yellow/gold has transformed.
IMG_1512277936.511724.jpg
Will post others later!!

I love the reveals here!!! I finally picked up my dip dyes that were shipped to my home store. I will reveal one here but will wait to capture better pics of the other 2 when I feel like the photo looks accurate. I am super-pleased with the results!!!

Before of Les Tuileries:View attachment 3896805
View attachment 3896806
Many of you know I LOVE purple. To me, this scarf is now much more modern and wearable. I love the pretty copper-y color to which the yellow/gold has transformed.
View attachment 3896807
Will post others later!!

Tuilleries was certainly pretty before (and I'd wear it in those colors no problem) but it really glows with the dip dye. It's interesting they must have made a not too strong dye for it, as it didn't seem interfere with the blue much at all. Did the blue get a slightly more purple case IRL?

Reactions: csetcos

Before of Les Tuileries:View attachment 3896805
View attachment 3896806
View attachment 3896807
Will post others later!!
Magnifique! It certainly gave it an edgy modern vibe!

Tuilleries was certainly pretty before (and I'd wear it in those colors no problem) but it really glows with the dip dye. It's interesting they must have made a not too strong dye for it, as it didn't seem interfere with the blue much at all. Did the blue get a slightly more purple case IRL?

Yes! It did become considerably purple- very deep and Royal!

Just to share...Caught the Hermesmatic pop up in the west side LA. Staff was lovely, very helpful in advising which dip dye hues are best for original scarf colourway. I opted to dip dye a BDG twilly ruined by cleaners - a section of the orange pattern had bled/smudged onto the white background. Staff seemed shocked when I said after this happened, I gave the twilly to my doggie to use [emoji28] . I went against their color advice(I don’t wear fuschia or violet, which they thought will be better dyes to transform the twilly) and chose all blue to hopefully make it uniformly denim/indigo. Whatever the result it will resurrect the scarf, and my doggie and I will have fun using it one way or another [emoji846].

I did not have a lot of time to dig through the scarves they were selling, but it appeared they had a good selection of both dyed and original color ways(they even had the Glass House Ltd edt 90cm). Wish I could have grabbed an indigo dip dye boucle giant silk, it looked super cool with its muted vibe.

The photo booth set up was fun. They had the Hermes wash wall as backdrop, orange chairs and a basket filled with scarves to play with for when you take photos. Here are a couple from my phone(taken with staff permission and she encouraged to post and hashtag online). I have yet to pick up the finished twilly from my home store, will report results later.

Finally had time to pick up my scarf. I couldn’t be happier with the result - exactly what I had hoped for!IMG_1513834159.727336.jpg

I think at the beginning of this thread someone said you have to drop the scarf off and pick it up 2 days later. Is that still the case? I’d love to get one of mine dyed at the Austin event. I can’t go myself but a friend offered to take it for me. She’ll only be in Austin for a day though.