Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

I've also picked up my two. Here is Chasse au Bois:
View attachment 3883114

And here is Sangles:
View attachment 3883115

I would post before shots but DH accidentally deleted them from our Cloud account. Grrr. I feel like yelling at DH like Ricky Ricardo does, bellowing, "Luuuuucccy!" when she does something silly.

So overall, I feel they are improvements to the original but I think I will go back tomorrow and ask to have them dipped again. I want violet for Sangles this time, but I'm not sure about Chasse. It was really difficult to capture its true color on camera. It's a very dusty teal. Should I double down on blue, thereby intensifying the teal or try fuchsia or violet?

Go with your instincts

Go with your instincts

My instincts are often of two minds, haha. I dropped off the scarves and wavered. I told them to dye Chasse with violet, then left. I returned 10 minutes later to change it to blue. I worried that violet would just make it muddy looking. With Sangles, I'm hoping that a violet wash will blend with the blue and make it a lovely blurple.

Here's what they looked like in natural light after the first dip against a neutral white tee shirt:
IMG_1511119826.490278.jpg
IMG_1511119837.390542.jpg

I got my scarf yesterday, I'm really really happy with the result, exactly what I was hoping to achieve.
The red has turned purple, yellow is far less vibrant with hints of pale green. You can now see different shadows you could hardly notice in the original color.
Pics do not it justice
View attachment 3884065View attachment 3884066View attachment 3884067
And beforeView attachment 3884068

Very cool! It's so frustrating to not be able to capture the colors correctly, isn't it? I've had the same problem. I'm so glad yours is more wearable! It's a beautiful scarf.

My instincts are often of two minds, haha. I dropped off the scarves and wavered. I told them to dye Chasse with violet, then left. I returned 10 minutes later to change it to blue. I worried that violet would just make it muddy looking. With Sangles, I'm hoping that a violet wash will blend with the blue and make it a lovely blurple.

Here's what they looked like in natural light after the first dip against a neutral white tee shirt:
View attachment 3884416
View attachment 3884417
Now I'm going to make you crazy.
In your first set of photos, I thought these two scarves looked very washed-out, and they both looked as though they definitely needed a second "dip." But in these photos, in natural light against a white tee, they look a whole lot better. Especially Sangles.
:annoyed:
Are you definitely having them do a second wash of color? Or are you having second thoughts, too?
Or should I just be quiet??? :sad:

In your first set of photos, I thought these two scarves looked very washed-out, and they both looked as though they definitely needed a second "dip." But in these photos, in natural light against a white tee, they look a whole lot better. Especially Sangles.
Are you definitely having them do a second wash of color? Or are you having second thoughts, too?

I totally agree!

Reactions: 27leborse

View attachment 3884416
View attachment 3884417

I think you were eventually right in both cases.

I can't remember what colour Chasse's border was before but in the photo (above) it looks geen-y, green and violet = brown. Since you already have the brown of the foxes in there too, it would have been a muddy chasse.

View attachment 3884416
View attachment 3884417

Agree. Just thought the same thing. In fact sangles looks great!

Here's my cw of Chasse au Bois, which is going to be transformed for sure!
View attachment 3876459

Here's why:
View attachment 3876461
Such a cute picture!

I got my scarf yesterday, I'm really really happy with the result, exactly what I was hoping to achieve.
The red has turned purple, yellow is far less vibrant with hints of pale green. You can now see different shadows you could hardly notice in the original color.
Pics do not it justice
View attachment 3884065View attachment 3884066View attachment 3884067
And beforeView attachment 3884068
I love your after results - great choice!

View attachment 3884416
View attachment 3884417
Fantastic first dye results! Can’t wait to see second round.