Hermes watches - Official Thread

Question: I have an Arceau watch that suddenly stopped working. I wound it many times but it is not keeping time. I only purchased this 4 months ago. Does this watch have a battery? Could the battery have died so soon? I will be contacting my SA but just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

• Sad
Reactions: MonsoonBirkin
Hi I posted this on the watch thread but it’s not that active. Anyone have any thoughts?

“I have an Arceau watch that suddenly stopped working. I wound it many times but it is not keeping time. I only purchased this 4 months ago. Does this watch have a battery? Could the battery have died so soon? I will be contacting my SA but just wondering if anyone had any ideas.”

• Wow
Reactions: skybluesky
Hi I posted this on the watch thread but it’s not that active. Anyone have any thoughts?

“I have an Arceau watch that suddenly stopped working. I wound it many times but it is not keeping time. I only purchased this 4 months ago. Does this watch have a battery? Could the battery have died so soon? I will be contacting my SA but just wondering if anyone had any ideas.”
Did you get the mechanical one? If you have to wind it, it should be mechanical, no battery. I would take it back in.

Reactions: BreezyE
Question: I have an Arceau watch that suddenly stopped working. I wound it many times but it is not keeping time. I only purchased this 4 months ago. Does this watch have a battery? Could the battery have died so soon? I will be contacting my SA but just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Does it have a sapphire case back? If you can see the rotor then it's automatic and shouldn't have a battery.

If you have been advised to wind the watch then it's definitely mechanical. I have a Moonphase Arceau which I actually don't wear regularly. It's Automatic and it's worked well for almost a decade without servicing. 4 months is too short a period for a new timepiece to not keep time. I am guessing possibly an issue with the spring or the watch crown not engaging fully after reset. Please send it in for inspection and keep us updated. I am sure it can be sorted. Good luck!

Anyone seen the new Hermes Cut line in person yet? I like the look a lot (I know it’s nothing “out there”, but I just like this type of sporty watch style)

I’m going to ask my SA to see if we are getting any at our store.

Yes you can see the mechanism inside of the watch from the back.
Update: they had to send it to Paris to try and fix it.