Hermes watches - Official Thread

oranGetRee

**I am a Vain Pot**
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Hey all! :smile:

For ladies who bought Hermes watches (especially the ones with diamond setting)....

Besides loving the watch design, may I know the other reasons/ factors that steered you to make the purchase?

I’m in dilemma because I love the Cape Code watches with diamonds but this same amount of money can be used to get watches from brands like Cartier, Omega or Rolex.

I have watches from JLC, Rolex, VCA, Omega etc. Not sure if the one from Hermes would be a good addition.

thanks a lot in advance for sharing your thoughts! :love:

Reactions: Etriers
I have been wearing Rolex for years, but have recently started wearing a Cape Cod and Nantucket. They are so light, I am loving it! And no, they are not as classic as a Rolex or Cartier, but that's just it- they are kinda fun, not just lighter in weight, but style. TBH, I always kind of felt like my Rolexes were old-man watches. :lol:

I never do diamonds in watches and I love a small dial (my Rolexes were 26mm and 28mm- I am so off trend!) so maybe we have different taste in general, but those are just some of my thoughts...

I have been wearing Rolex for years, but have recently started wearing a Cape Cod and Nantucket. They are so light, I am loving it! And no, they are not as classic as a Rolex or Cartier, but that's just it- they are kinda fun, not just lighter in weight, but style. TBH, I always kind of felt like my Rolexes were old-man watches. :lol:

I never do diamonds in watches and I love a small dial (my Rolexes were 26mm and 28mm- I am so off trend!) so maybe we have different taste in general, but those are just some of my thoughts...
Agreed, I love my cape cod toneau as it's fun, stylish, and i think classic as well.

I bought the Cape Cod watch with diamonds and pink sapphires with the pink sakura band because I liked the look of it...not really for any other reason !
Sounds pretty!
And OP, this reasoning makes the most sense to me as well, which I’m sure you’re familiar with as you have a few watches yourself where we’re paying, unquestionably, more for design and feeling than function. Rolexes for example are notoriously bad timekeepers, which always amuses me.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but many Hermès watches get purchased just to hit quota for bags. I’ve previously been pushed to buy watches to “improve my profile”, and I know many others who have as well. I’m not willing to buy things I don’t want to play this game. It’s great for those who buy them out of genuine interest in the product.

I fell in love with the Cape Cod double tour when Margiela launched it but because I had a 1970's Rolex Oyster and I'm not someone who's a 'watch collector' I kind of stalled in buying it When I decided to take the plunge I finally actually didn't go for the double tour but for the Cape Cod Metal strap version because I was so used to wearing a loose bracelet style metal strap on a man's watch that the double leather strap just felt strange at the time.
So I brought the 29mm silver cape cod with black face and the silver link strap thats like lots of little H's joined up (that strap is now discontinued). That one was Automatic and kept much better time than my Rolex but still gained about 5-7 mins a month.
2 years later I decided to buy the double tour again 29mm silver but with white (or probably more oyster colour face) and because I didn't like the one I tried with black leather strap (too heavy visually) I brought mine with the crocodile double tour strap in H Orange.
This one is Quartz and keeps perfect time and is lighter in weight than the automatic so very comfortable to wear after a year I realised the Croc strap was too delicate for everyday wear (although the orange went with everything) and so I got a strap made by Jean Rousseau in Chervre in a colour that looks like Rouge Vif.
I'm now tempted to try a Barenia double tour strap.
I dont like diamond watches or gold watches Just not my personal taste and I'm pretty much wedded to Hermes watches now.
I even thought about getting a Cape Cod TGM at one point but tried it and as I had small wrists it looked stupid and not cool at all.
I also thought about getting a Medor but felt having to open it up to see the time would drive me crazy.
I wouldn't mind trying a Toneau next-either way I wouldn't buy another Rolex (mine just sits in the box and rather than pay for another service I'd buy another Hermes strap or two) I've decided I've found 'my' watch style and brand.
It feels cool but chic and good quality without being flashy

I know this OP was talking more specifically about Hermes watches with diamonds, but I did decide to purchase a Hermes Apple Watch over the regular Apple Watch. I made my decision because I really liked the Hermes watch faces, the included orange sport band, and the variety of watch straps. I used to wear other watches (Omega, Rolex, and Tag Heuer) but the functionality of the Hermes Apple Watch really fits my daily lifestyle much better.

I look at the Hermes watches as being fun & stylish.
I own a vintage Patek that was from a family member & it stands on its own in terms of being
an investment watch for me. I also have a couple of Bulgari gold watches that I think of being classic
& a staple in my wardrobe. Hermes for me is fun especially the Cape Cod with a fun color strap
especially for spring summer.

I look at the Hermes watches as being fun & stylish.
I own a vintage Patek that was from a family member & it stands on its own in terms of being
an investment watch for me. I also have a couple of Bulgari gold watches that I think of being classic
& a staple in my wardrobe. Hermes for me is fun especially the Cape Cod with a fun color strap
especially for spring summer.
Totally agree!

Reactions: Etriers
Hermes watches are super cute and fun. I have been on the fence with the double tour cape cod for years (still have not crossed over yet - H has too many temptations at H).:giggle: However, H watches are currently not on the same caliber as JLC, VCA, or Patek. So buy the H watches if they make your heart sing and don’t mind to add another piece to your existing watch collection - which seems to be an amazing one! :tup:

I love watches and have several with and without diamonds, gold and not. Regarding H watches I have a gold nantucket and silver SO Cape Cod with diamonds. I love their style and a bonus is I can change the straps myself. I've purchased several different color alligator straps for my nantucket. It can be a little pricey because it has to have the rose gold buckle to match but it's worth it to me. The SO Cape Cod is from 2020 and I will be purchasing different leathers in a variety of colors also. I switch the bands out to kinda go with the b or k that I would use. It's fun and stylish!

i have a kelly lock watch and wear it as a bag charm inside it's clochette. Had an a charm buying obsession for years, collected, used loved, stored away and now all back in action. The kelly lock watch is fun to wear in different ways - on a strap, in clochette, on a twilly or attached to a bag on a strap ring. Love that this particular cadena is fit for function and fashion fun all at once!

Sounds pretty!
And OP, this reasoning makes the most sense to me as well, which I’m sure you’re familiar with as you have a few watches yourself where we’re paying, unquestionably, more for design and feeling than function. Rolexes for example are notoriously bad timekeepers, which always amuses me.

totally agree. And indeed the part on Rolex being bad in keeping accurate time!

to be honest, I now dislike automatic watches. Find them too troublesome. I like manual winding watches best, then quartz.

I only worry that I regret my purchase a year later and cannot sell them because there are just too many Hermes watches at the resale platforms.