Hermes switzerland

Hi everyone! We just moved from LA to Zurich, and I had most of my purse collection shipped by air (rather than freight), thinking it would be safer. All my bags got crushed and are all structurally damaged with creases - the packer "carefully" (sarcastic sad smile) placed each one (unwrapped, without stuffing them) at the bottoms of multiple boxes then loaded the boxes with clothes and shoes. I know y'all can sympathize with me as - there were about 12 bags that I had carefully collected over the years during trips to Europe, bday presents, etc. - including Chanel, Prada, YSL, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Dior...

The good news is that insurance will reimburse me, and with a portion of the proceeds I am thinking of finally purchasing a Hermes Birkin 35 togo in black palladium (my crushed YSL black grained leather sac de jour w silver hardware had been a less satisfying but cheaper alternative).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to approach? I have only bought leather bracelets and a watch in the past, and reading this blog is stressful - LOL! Should I...

- visit the local Hermes store in Zurich, share my sad story to see if a SA takes pity on me, and try to see if they have some sort of wait list?
- or should I try going to Paris FSH, which is only 1 hour 20 min from me?
- if I strike out in Paris, do they have a wait list?

Also, I would love to hear how the new online appointment system works at FSH - I noticed you have to have a code to access the page online.

Thanks everyone - your advice is very much appreciated!

Welcome to Switzerland !
Zurich is a very nice city and the Hermes shop and SAs are very nice.
You are now a local, so why don't simply go to the shop and try your luck there ?
You always have the solution to go to Paris, but you won't every time you want a bag ?
Tell us what happens and good luck :smile:

Reactions: cookiesyum
Welcome to Switzerland !
Zurich is a very nice city and the Hermes shop and SAs are very nice.
You are now a local, so why don't simply go to the shop and try your luck there ?
You always have the solution to go to Paris, but you won't every time you want a bag ?
Tell us what happens and good luck :smile:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your advice! Will definitely try the Hermes shop in Zurich, this is only my second week here and once I get my bearings (I haven't driven into Zurich yet from Horgen and am a bit nervous) will make the trip and let you know how it goes!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your advice! Will definitely try the Hermes shop in Zurich, this is only my second week here and once I get my bearings (I haven't driven into Zurich yet from Horgen and am a bit nervous) will make the trip and let you know how it goes!
You didn't choose the worst place :smile:
Hope you acclimate well and have pleasure with your new life in your new country.

Hi all, I would like to know which store in Switzerland will be easier for walk in ( tourist ). I'm going Switzerland this year end for holiday and I hope that I able to get my very first Hermes there :smile:
Smaller stores have very little inventory and are quite focused on local clients. From what I've heard I think you are more likely to find a better leather selection for small leather goods or something along those lines in Zurich or Geneva.

Hi all, I would like to know which store in Switzerland will be easier for walk in ( tourist ). I'm going Switzerland this year end for holiday and I hope that I able to get my very first Hermes there :smile:
I would try the larger stores if you are looking for B/K. Got a Birkin as a walk in last year although i did purchase other things. Smaller stores will only sell to locals, even if you buy watches or jewellery

Haven't posted on tPF in ages, but want to give a shout-out to anyone traveling in Switzerland this month. Hermès Lucerne (Luzern) is closing its doors at the end of October, and prices are slashed up to 80% off. Scarves and shawls are still only 20% off, but expect them to go down, soon. Happy hunting!
View attachment 3853333
I'm sorry to see them close, but I never see them crowded; maybe only a few local clients. Wish I could be there to scoop up some goodies...

I'm sorry to see them close, but I never see them crowded; maybe only a few local clients. Wish I could be there to scoop up some goodies...

It's been an extremely successful store, with huge sales, actually. I heard the lease on the premises ran out. It was a franchise, so I hope H will open another store in Lucerne when the right location presents itself.

Haven't posted on tPF in ages, but want to give a shout-out to anyone traveling in Switzerland this month. Hermès Lucerne (Luzern) is closing its doors at the end of October, and prices are slashed up to 80% off. Scarves and shawls are still only 20% off, but expect them to go down, soon. Happy hunting!
View attachment 3853333
Hallo markova, any news about Luzern shop ? Do you think it's still worth a visit or most of articles have been sold ? Thank you for your answer.

Hallo markova, any news about Luzern shop ? Do you think it's still worth a visit or most of articles have been sold ? Thank you for your answer.
Hi leuleu,
I was there a second time last week, and they were bringing in items that had been sitting in the stockroom. It looks like they will be replenishing the sale next week. If I'm in the store again, I'll post an update! x