**Hermes Chat**

Hi everyone! I was wondering…Does it come off as a faux pas first impression if a new-to-H customer came in to the boutique with a vintage Kelly? I live a few hours away from my closest boutique but am finally planning on going for the first time and honestly am a little intimidated lol. I have a few vintage H pieces in box leather and barenia and would like to wear one because I love my vintage pieces (ya know cost per wear and all) but I don’t want it to be perceived that I’m only in the boutique for the quota bags. I am interested in their other metiers like RTW and silks and of course, would like to eventually (after appropriate pre spend and time) get a brand new bag that I was the only mama to lol. Not sure if they can see my online purchases too but I’ve gotten a herbag (UO but I actually also love lol) and a few scarves. Sorry if this is a silly question or am just overthinking it or if this even the wrong place for this question!
I think it would be cool to bring a vintage piece in. I would.

+1. The SAs in my store love seeing vintage pieces. I have no hesitation in carrying them on my visits. I think for a new customer it would suggest that you are already passionate and knowledgeable about H, @Gin&H, and it never hurts to be perceived by the store as a client who appreciates heritage leathers.

+1. The SAs in my store love seeing vintage pieces. I have no hesitation in carrying them on my visits. I think for a new customer it would suggest that you are already passionate and knowledgeable about H, @Gin&H, and it never hurts to be perceived by the store as a client who appreciates heritage leathers.
Thank you @addiCCted and @Veritybelle for your comments and perspective!

I’m thankful to this tpf Hermes community too for sharing all the collective knowledge and experience and making this (admittedly expensive) hobby so fun! ❤️

Hi
My sales rep informed that the store is no longer able to do charge sends, unless th store has the inventory. Has anyone else been inform of this?
Haven’t heard of this but I’ll ask next time I’m in. Feels like playing limbo rock, every time you think you got the hang of it, the stick gets lower and the game gets harder

Hi
My sales rep informed that the store is no longer able to do charge sends, unless th store has the inventory. Has anyone else been inform of this?
Yes, there have been some changes to the charge-send selling rules over the past couple of months. The current US rules no longer allow for orders of items from other stores' inventories. When I inquired, I was told that the client shouldn't really see a difference other than a time delay because now instead of remote charge sends, they were doing 100% transfers. So if you want a sweater that only a different store has, your SA has to order it from that store to be transferred into your home stores' inventory. The sweater would then be FedEx overnighted to your home store where it would be checked into local inventory, then your SA would contact you for the sales transaction and send it to you. Apparently there were many instances of the same items being charge-sent to many different clients which would then result in frustrated customers and many refunds so H is trying it this way for better inventory control. My SA thought it would probably be reverted soon though as its a hassle for everyone and very expensive for overhead to be overnighting items like crazy. I'm assuming your SA told you it was flat not possible because your management has decided that they don't want to be bothered.

Last edited:
Yes, there have been some changes to the charge-send selling rules over the past couple of months. The current US rules no longer allow for orders of items from other stores' inventories. When I inquired, I was told that the client shouldn't really see a difference other than a time delay because now instead of remote charge sends, they were doing 100% transfers. So if you want a sweater that only a different store has, your SA has to order it from that store to be transferred into your home stores' inventory. The sweater would then be FedEx overnighted to your home store where it would be checked into local inventory, then your SA would contact you for the sales transaction and send it to you. Apparently there were many instances of the same items being charge-sent to many different clients which would then result in frustrated customers and many refunds so H is trying it this way for better inventory control. My SA thought it would probably be reverted soon though as its a hassle for everyone and very expensive for overhead to be overnighting items like crazy. I'm assuming your SA told you it was flat not possible because your management has decided that they don't want to be bothered.
Thank you for the explanation. SA said she can transfer the item from another store into my home store and then ship it. She also mentioned that charge sends will also require an in store purchase within the last 2 months. That’s pretty frustrating as my home store is in another state.

Hi all, need some advice as I’m in a bit of a dilemma.

I just got offered a K28 sellier which I never considered as I was on waiting list for K25.

Is there a lot of difference between both? Any pros/cons for both sizes??

Thanks xx

I just got offered a K28 sellier which I never considered as I was on waiting list for K25.

Thanks xx
Hi, some things for you to consider...
Based on my observations in real life, K28 sellier looks much longer/ bigger than a K25 (even though on paper the difference in length is just 3cm). In that aspect, K28 sellier may look a bit overwhelming for petite-size gals.
Personally, I would also consider the purpose of the bag. I would go for a bigger size if it's an everyday bag and a smaller one if I'm using it only on special occasions.
HTH.

Reactions: ka3na20

Thanks xx
Agree with the above responses. I am petite and K28 sellier looks big on me. But K28 retourne is fine. Have you tried one in person?

Don’t know the answer to your question but I too want feet on my 24/24
This reminds me of a funny story about feet. A good friend of mine went to Paris for the first time and brought back a beautiful LV bag, her first one. She had it with her in Target and someone stopped to compliment her, but then went in to suggest she buy feet for it and use an x-acto knife to add them to the bottom. :lol: (she ignored the suggestion)