Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

If marietouchet can't identify it based on your description, this is probably a lost cause, but I do love a pattern hunt. I don't know if all of these came as mousselines, but the patterns that come to mind when I think of ribbons and streamers (not bolduc) are:

Alternateur
Attrape tes rêves
Cosmos
En avant toute
Luna Park
Tout en carre
Hmmm I dont think many of those were in orange/ green in mousse - well, there was as lime cw of Alternateur but not green / orange ??
I would think that anything by Origny is a possibility not that narrows things down much
But, again, it could have been a fake - orange is quite popular with the fakers - and toting a Berline handbag does not say much - heck, someone buys all those online Berline fakes

Last edited:
Omg, thanks for this list, @Belphoebe, I have been scouring the Ode to moussie thread for pics, and will pay close attention to those you listed. I'm pretty sure it's not Alternateur, but point d'orgue looks very close with it's trailing ribbons around the edges!

It's funny - I didn't think moussies were for me, as most that I saw were pale pastels, but I saw this beautiful vibrant orange and decided to take another look at them. Orange is not even my colour, but it was a very modern looking pattern, so I would love to identify it, or find others in a similar style.

Omg, thanks for this list, @Belphoebe, I have been scouring the Ode to moussie thread for pics, and will pay close attention to those you listed. I'm pretty sure it's not Alternateur, but point d'orgue looks very close with it's trailing ribbons around the edges!

It's funny - I didn't think moussies were for me, as most that I saw were pale pastels, but I saw this beautiful vibrant orange and decided to take another look at them. Orange is not even my colour, but it was a very modern looking pattern, so I would love to identify it, or find others in a similar style.

Hmm. Ferronerie and Europe both also have trailing ribbons around the edges, but they don't strike me as modern patterns, so I doubt either of those is the one you saw.

I know what you mean about the mousselines--they never interested me until I saw a bright one. The edges were floaty and misty, but where the fabric was doubled, the scarf seemed to glow, as though lit from within, and I finally got it.

Point d'orgue makes a beautiful mousseline, though I've only seen it in pastels. I hope that's the pattern, and that you find a color you like. I don't recall seeing it in orange, but I'm not an expert, and there is always the possibility that what you saw was fake, as marietouchet points out. But now that you have an eye for what sort of mousseline appeals to you, no doubt something will come along that you love.

It could be any of these:
En avant toute
Flots du cheval
Point d'orgue
Tout en carre
Cuir du desert II (if I imagined the large H-P on a ribbon - because that is on my C et L CSGM)

Definitely no:
Attrape tes rêves
Alternateur
J'aime mon carre
luna park
Cosmos
Coup de fouet

And it could also be a fake, if I recall the HP was huge enough to read from 5 feet away on moussie, but the leather on the handbag and the silk on the scarf looked good - colour, drape, details on hardware etc. She was a few people ahead of me in a long lineup, so it would have been very weird to go up and randomly ask but now I wish I had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvbolide
It could be any of these:
En avant toute
Flots du cheval
Point d'orgue
Tout en carre
Cuir du desert II (if I imagined the large H-P on a ribbon - because that is on my C et L CSGM)

Definitely no:
Attrape tes rêves
Alternateur
J'aime mon carre
luna park
Cosmos
Coup de fouet

And it could also be a fake, if I recall the HP was huge enough to read from 5 feet away on moussie, but the leather on the handbag and the silk on the scarf looked good - colour, drape, details on hardware etc. She was a few people ahead of me in a long lineup, so it would have been very weird to go up and randomly ask but now I wish I had.
as far as I know, en avant toute was at only made in 90 silk.( no moussseline)