Scarves Hermès scarf colors

Particularly nice CW. Credit: hermesandvintage (instagram)
Screen%20Shot%202019-02-15%20at%207.16.16%20PM_zpsqqqglsnc.png

I'd be curious to know some of the range of Hermès browns, and I think that is next up on SotD...

Particularly nice CW. Credit: hermesandvintage (instagram)
Screen%20Shot%202019-02-15%20at%207.16.16%20PM_zpsqqqglsnc.png

I'd be curious to know some of the range of Hermès browns, and I think that is next up on SotD...
On the brown and red Brazil ... my memory is of a dark chocolate background but it looks mahogany - red brown - above. I am pretty sure they were not doing mahogany in those days but the red helps soften the brown in the overall impression
Brown ... hmm ... not a huge mainstream Hermes color since the 1980s or so but yes Brazil did come in a few browns since it is an older earthy design
IMHO, brown is like deep purple or spruce green - jewel tones - not a mainstream Hermes basic color (in the last 30 years) like navy , black, wine, gold, cobalt . I can remember years when Ralph Lauren heavily did purple, spruce or brown - usually in rotation - but, I am not coming up with any years those 3 were mainstream for H (there are always exceptions ...)
I dont think brown has been mainstream in the Mens either - they concentrated on black, navy, gray, blue gray, more gray, wine in the last 20 years

Reactions: Julide
IMHO, brown is like deep purple or spruce green - jewel tones - not a mainstream Hermes basic color (in the last 30 years) like navy , black, wine, gold, cobalt .

Brown is such an interesting color! I regard it as a very functional neutral, like gray, in that it can be warm or cool, and sets off other colors very well:
credit: Croisette7
mushrooms%20Croisette_zpsfykkt9ab.jpg

And yes, it so close to purple, as I can attest to after many attempts with paint to mix the perfect purple only to end up with...brown.

I am adding this scarf because I am so very fond of this colour combo! I was not fond of the design but seeing this has my heart going!:hbeat:

Sorry to interrupt again:blush:
Photos eBay seller

Attachments

• 7C65E185-B48B-400F-AE3B-0AB4072E2030.jpeg
    7C65E185-B48B-400F-AE3B-0AB4072E2030.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 156
  • DD1B7D04-DDD7-4AF3-ABA1-403DAF6CB3C7.jpeg
    DD1B7D04-DDD7-4AF3-ABA1-403DAF6CB3C7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
I am adding this scarf because I am so very fond of this colour combo! I was not fond of the design but seeing this has my heart going!:hbeat:

Sorry to interrupt again:blush:
Photos eBay seller

Oh my, that’s delicious !!

Julide, so glad to see you! MT and I only seem to be having a private confab here because no one else shows up!

Far from interrupting, you are most welcome to be here along with anyone else, and the scarf you posted is fabulous!!

Oh my, that’s delicious !!

Julide, so glad to see you! MT and I only seem to be having a private confab here because no one else shows up!

Far from interrupting, you are most welcome to be here along with anyone else, and the scarf you posted is fabulous!!
Thank you kindly Jahna!:flowers:I have enjoyed reading about the colors in these scarves. It is really interesting! :flowers:

Brown is such an interesting color! I regard it as a very functional neutral, like gray, in that it can be warm or cool, and sets off other colors very well:
credit: Croisette7
mushrooms%20Croisette_zpsfykkt9ab.jpg

And yes, it so close to purple, as I can attest to after many attempts with paint to mix the perfect purple only to end up with...brown.
Must violently disagree LOL the CHAMPIGNONS does not count as brown. It is in the Taupe category, but not Brown.
Brown has to be darker - let me get out my photo of a REAL BROWN CHAMPIGNONS . I spent years finding an optimal cw of CHAMPIGNONS - i had to have the original multi color mushrooms not the revised monochrome ones, and I went for dirt brown from ca 1990. Jean Louis Dumas did some chocolate browns in 1980 - 1990s like my mushrooms
Prior to that were two browns. Noisette is very 1970s - hazlenut - a very golden brown. I dont have one from the 1970s but my COMTESSE DE SEGUR 1980s looks noisette on balance due to the cornucopeia of browns and golds.
The early brown was that in my COURBETTES from the 1960s. An indescribable color, dark, dull, almost camouflage khaki - definitely from the dull hunting color palettes - you wore your scarf out shooting and were supposed to blend in
Agree that the lighter shades like etoupe are fashionable now, I think of all the lather colors like Tourterelle, Poussiere, Etoupe - all of those non browns LOL I guess they fall in the dreaded beige category

Attachments

• CHAMPIGNBONS 1000.jpg
    CHAMPIGNBONS 1000.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 131
  • COMTESSE   DE SEGUR Dumas  Brown Blue 1000.jpg
    COMTESSE DE SEGUR Dumas Brown Blue 1000.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 129