Hermes RTW

Hi all!

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the classic silk tunics - do you take your normal size? The shape and material appears quite forgiving either way, but I can only seem to find one two sizes bigger than my normal size. I'm willing to do alterations but I assume there's a limit as to how much it can be taken in while keeping its character. TY!

Hi all!

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the classic silk tunics - do you take your normal size? The shape and material appears quite forgiving either way, but I can only seem to find one two sizes bigger than my normal size. I'm willing to do alterations but I assume there's a limit as to how much it can be taken in while keeping its character. TY!
I love the silk tunics and have multiple of these. I usually take my normal size. You could probably go up one size but 2 sizes might be too loose. Like even in the shoulders and the length might to too long too?

Reactions: step2005
Some RTW from FSH. I did not manage to take a picture of the lissé purple croc mini skirt he showed me! It was an immediate no and he quickly took it away lol. The vicuña poncho was soft but not noticeably more special than their cashmere. I thought it was cute the first time I tried it on but when I put it on again, I couldn’t get the waist belt right and for $30k euros 😱 I did not think I should have to futz! The black embroidered jacket is also available in cream at Madison and like @880 said earlier, it’s a very boxy fit, and was waaay too big on me. I ended up with just the etoupe skirt out of the stuff he brought me.

View attachment 5988585View attachment 5988586View attachment 5988587View attachment 5988588View attachment 5988589View attachment 5988590

View attachment 5988591View attachment 5988592

Love the multicoloured skirt, reminds me of my JPG skirt made with ties

The Vicuña ponch is TDF, sadly so is the price. I have some Vicuña trous and they are warmer and lighter than baby cashmere, but yes ouch the price difference is beyond reason.

I love the silk tunics and have multiple of these. I usually take my normal size. You could probably go up one size but 2 sizes might be too loose. Like even in the shoulders and the length might to too long too?
Thank you! I was hoping to hear from the tunic expert :smile:

Your comments meet my expectations - alteration definitely needed, the question is how major, which might lose the effectiveness of the print/style.

Reactions: Bdbunny
Thank you! I was hoping to hear from the tunic expert :smile:

Your comments meet my expectations - alteration definitely needed, the question is how major, which might lose the effectiveness of the print/style.
Lol not sure I am the tunic expert!

Can you go in and try it on? Just wondering like you said if the alterations will work.

Love the multicoloured skirt, reminds me of my JPG skirt made with ties

The Vicuña ponch is TDF, sadly so is the price. I have some Vicuña trous and they are warmer and lighter than baby cashmere, but yes ouch the price difference is beyond reason.
Yes the multicolored skirt was gorgeous!! It’s one of those pieces that I regret not bringing home… sigh.

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Lol not sure I am the tunic expert!

Can you go in and try it on? Just wondering like you said if the alterations will work.
It will be sent from another store, and my store is not too keen on ordering RTW unless it is v likely I buy - the store does not normally carry RTW. While they can send it back, I didn't want to put them to the trouble if it's very obviously not going to work. Thank you again!

Reactions: Bdbunny
It actually wasn't... well compared to the 30k vicuna poncho lol! I *think* it was around 6500 euros...
What's the opposite of buyer's remorse lol?

Passer's regret?

Well everything seems 'cost effective' after the vicuña :biggrin:

I had that with a H dark blue suit with black silk-satin revers and lining. I think I've been chasing it in my dreams ever since. Only Bond St had it, and only 3 a 36, 38 & 40. I thought I needed the 38 and reserved, but it came-up very small and someone else meanwhile bought the 40.