Hermes RTW

I don’t have that particular jacket but the leather bomber I just bought needed the sleeves shortened and they took care of it. The tailor came immediately and measured me. I think the alterations took about 3 weeks.

Thank you!! That's reassuring to know. My store only had the 34 and I could fit one arm in it but that was it :lol: . My SA is going to order a 38 but I wonder if I should go up to a 40. I'm usually a US 6-8.

Reactions: BreezyE
I tried on a pre-fall cashmere coat in an oatmeal color that arrived at my store recently; it was gorgeous but ultimately not for me. I tried on a 34 since it's cut generously (for reference, I have a 36 and 38 in other H jackets and I have a size 40 in a RTW top).
By any chance did you take any photos of the coat? I'm eagerly awaiting to see the pre-fall RTW collection!

By any chance did you take any photos of the coat? I'm eagerly awaiting to see the pre-fall RTW collection!
No but it had small leather straps in a coordinating beige color that you can tie around your waist and also around your neck, so you can wear the coat open or closed. If I get a chance to try it on again I definitely will take pictures!

Does anyone have the leather equestrian jacket? Any thoughts in general on it? If the sleeves are too long, will they alter it? (I know basic alterations are included but not sure about leather)

Hi !
I have two of these jackets! They are beautiful and the cut is perfect to me.
I think the sizing is fitted. I normally wear 38 or 40 but took 42 for these jackets because i wanted to be able to close. I also think it depends on the type of skin. One is is deer skin, it is grained, heavier and more fitted. For The one in chevre leather, I feel like I could have taken a 40, it is lighter as well.
I did not need alteration on mines.
Overall, I love them a lot. Good luck, hope you can get the right size!

Hi !
I have two of these jackets! They are beautiful and the cut is perfect to me.
I think the sizing is fitted. I normally wear 38 or 40 but took 42 for these jackets because i wanted to be able to close. I also think it depends on the type of skin. One is is deer skin, it is grained, heavier and more fitted. For The one in chevre leather, I feel like I could have taken a 40, it is lighter as well.
I did not need alteration on mines.
Overall, I love them a lot. Good luck, hope you can get the right size!
Thank you so much! It definitely is a more fitted look, so fingers crossed the 38 works for me! I think the black jacket I wanted is in chevre.

Reactions: skybluesky
looking for some advice.. so I bought a shirt at Hermes. 100% cotton and was over $1000. Wore it once only and the thread at the end of the shirt is unraveling already. I texted my SA but no response yet.. has this ever happened to anyone before? Not sure if I can get a credit since I already wore it. But it makes no sense that a 1k shirt can do this whereas my $10 shirts I’ve worn 100s of times is still intact.

looking for some advice.. so I bought a shirt at Hermes. 100% cotton and was over $1000. Wore it once only and the thread at the end of the shirt is unraveling already. I texted my SA but no response yet.. has this ever happened to anyone before? Not sure if I can get a credit since I already wore it. But it makes no sense that a 1k shirt can do this whereas my $10 shirts I’ve worn 100s of times is still intact.
Picture?