Hermes RTW

Last week
I would take it in and see what your SA suggests. Hopefully I’m wrong but I predict they will suggest sending it to the spa for repair 🙄. Try to have your mind made up on what an acceptable outcome to you is beforehand so that you’re more likely to insist on and achieve what you want. Good luck!

Thanks for everyone’s advice. I totally don’t mind it going to repair cux I have no idea how to fix it. But this is my first rtw, is Hermes quality like this? Or is this unusual?
Thanks!
Eek yeah that's unfortunate!! I think it's unusual. Maybe it got snagged on something inadvertently. I haven't had any memorable issues with my RTW pieces... I mean, some pilling on the cashmere, but according to the care booklet, it's "expected." 🤷‍♀️ I've only noticed pilling on one cashmere sweater and it's on the hip where my bag rubs against. But overall I have been pretty happy with my RTW and it's usually made very well with nice details. Hopefully they let you exchange your shirt for another one since it's still within the return window.

Thanks for everyone’s advice. I totally don’t mind it going to repair cux I have no idea how to fix it. But this is my first rtw, is Hermes quality like this? Or is this unusual?
Thanks!
I actually had a similar problem recently and posted a few pages back. They fixed the shirt free of charge within a week. I did not want a refund, I preferred getting it fixed, so it was an acceptable solution for me. My problem was on the sleeve, so we’ve collectively decided that because I wear a lot of bracelets, it might have caught on one. Having said that, I was never made to feel like they were claiming it to be my fault.
My SA did not respond right away when I texted her with the pictures, but she later explained that she’s been consulting with the repair person so yours might be silent for the same reason.
Judging by the fact that she had to consult with her and think about it, I made an assumption that this was not a common issue
I hope this helps

Does anyone have the leather equestrian jacket? Any thoughts in general on it? If the sleeves are too long, will they alter it? (I know basic alterations are included but not sure about leather)

I tried it on to humor my SA and surprisingly liked it a lot. I didn’t get it, as the black one looks quite formal to me and doesn’t fit my current lifestyle.
It’s a gorgeous jacket though. Get it if you can find one that fits well.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and skybluesky
I tried it on to humor my SA and surprisingly liked it a lot. I didn’t get it, as the black one looks quite formal to me and doesn’t fit my current lifestyle.
It’s a gorgeous jacket though. Get it if you can find one that fits well.
Oh yeah it totally doesn't fit my lifestyle (rainy in the winter, hot during the summer) BUT it'll be the leather jacket to end all leather jackets. If my size comes in, I'll try it...if it doesn't...not meant to be! There is always cashmere I can buy for winter (I always wear it in the spring/fall/winter).

Reactions: miss mitzi
Thanks!
I bought a twillaine cardigan last year. The thread in the buttons started unraveling one by one after a couple of wears (before any washing/dry cleaning). I was seriously shocked that this would happen in a $$$ rtw. Sent it to my tailor for a quick fix cause couldn’t be bothered with the repair process at Hermes. That experience to tally put me off rtw, it may just be a one off quality issue but disappointing enough for me

I actually had a similar problem recently and posted a few pages back. They fixed the shirt free of charge within a week. I did not want a refund, I preferred getting it fixed, so it was an acceptable solution for me. My problem was on the sleeve, so we’ve collectively decided that because I wear a lot of bracelets, it might have caught on one. Having said that, I was never made to feel like they were claiming it to be my fault.
My SA did not respond right away when I texted her with the pictures, but she later explained that she’s been consulting with the repair person so yours might be silent for the same reason.
Judging by the fact that she had to consult with her and think about it, I made an assumption that this was not a common issue
I hope this helps
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I bought a twillaine cardigan last year. The thread in the buttons started unraveling one by one after a couple of wears (before any washing/dry cleaning). I was seriously shocked that this would happen in a $$$ rtw. Sent it to my tailor for a quick fix cause couldn’t be bothered with the repair process at Hermes. That experience to tally put me off rtw, it may just be a one off quality issue but disappointing enough for me
I agree.. I’m kinda put off on getting more rtw from this incident. I’m ok with the price as long as I’m paying for quality items. But this was unacceptable. Thanks for sharing your experience too!

Reactions: lynn ph
Thanks!
My H RTW includes only cashmere sweaters and outerwear. Each of the knit cashmere pieces is made in Scotland (duh!) and while there is some pilling, all wool pills a bit and these pieces have only pilled where there is friction. I wear them frequently and they wear well and I would recommend.
The quality of my outwear also seems to be very high aside from a snap on one jacket that likes to unsnap 😡

Same happened to me with this paletot: https://www.hermes.com/fr/fr/product/paletot-H4E0102DAA336/

I just wore it 2 times, then recognized that the buttons are getting lose. I brought it to the dry cleaner (to make sure there are no make up stains on the collar before handing it over to the tailor to fix the buttons). Unfortunately the dry cleaner lost one button :doh:

Last edited:
Same happened to me with this paletot: https://www.hermes.com/fr/fr/product/paletot-H4E0102DAA336/

I just wore it 2 times, then recognized that the buttons are getting lose. I gave it to the dry cleaner (to make sure there are no make up stains before handing it over to the tailor to fix the buttons). Unfortunately the dry cleaner lost one button :doh:
I will ask hermes if they can provide a replacement button, they are quite a prominent part of the entire jacket!