Hermes RTW

Some RTW from FSH. I did not manage to take a picture of the lissé purple croc mini skirt he showed me! It was an immediate no and he quickly took it away lol. The vicuña poncho was soft but not noticeably more special than their cashmere. I thought it was cute the first time I tried it on but when I put it on again, I couldn’t get the waist belt right and for $30k euros 😱 I did not think I should have to futz! The black embroidered jacket is also available in cream at Madison and like @880 said earlier, it’s a very boxy fit, and was waaay too big on me. I ended up with just the etoupe skirt out of the stuff he brought me.

View attachment 5988585View attachment 5988586View attachment 5988587View attachment 5988588View attachment 5988589View attachment 5988590

View attachment 5988591View attachment 5988592
Congrats on the embroidered skirt! The Embroidered pieces are the most beautiful part of the runway if you ask me and I am actually waiting for the pants version.
May I ask how the sizing was for you?

• Love
Reactions: Bdbunny
Congrats on the embroidered skirt! The Embroidered pieces are the most beautiful part of the runway if you ask me and I am actually waiting for the pants version.
May I ask how the sizing was for you?
it has an elastic waist so I went with my usual size (because that's what my SA brought) but I probably could've gone down a size.
it is super comfortable!!!

ETA: they did have the pants version in red, but I thought I would not get as much wear out of that compared with the etoupe skirt.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: demicouture
it has an elastic waist so I went with my usual size (because that's what my SA brought) but I probably could've gone down a size.
it is super comfortable!!!

ETA: they did have the pants version in red, but I thought I would not get as much wear out of that compared with the etoupe skirt.
Thank you so much! Much helpful as my boutique only ordered up to a 40 and I am a true 42 in their PJ pants... it needs to be a perfect fit for the price :biggrin:

Agree with this.

While I do love the H RTW pieces that I have bought, I find it lazy of them to make an embroidered jacket in one size and then try to put various people in it to see who will buy. When I spend at Chanel, my SA will put me in my size and then call the tailor to fit it perfectly to my body. That vicuña poncho or one similar was there when I was in Paris a while back. . .
Agreed, my boutique doesn’t even have a tailor.

Reactions: GabrielleS
https://www.hermes.com/dk/en/product/quilted-hooded-coat-H4E0160DRDK44/

View attachment 5988882
Wondering if anyone has this jacket and can comment on the fit. It is not available in my store and not sure if its worth asking my SA to find it for me. The model is wearing a 38.
I have this jacket and it's a slightly loose fit. I ordered my usual size and have space to wear a sweater underneath. The waist is an elastic band you can cinch in if you want to give more waist definition. The only little thing that bothers me is that the two-way zipper on the bottom easily rides up when I am walking or sitting, opening the bottom of the jacket up. One time I was walking my dog and carrying her, and looked down and the zipper opened up to my waist!

My sizing is all over the place with H lately. I prefer to wear clothes nonfitted/baggy so for a tshirt and cardigan, my SA gave me size 38. But this coat was the last of two in my store, which were both size 34. It still fit me so I took it (I’m 5’6” and about 117-120 lbs if that helps). I think the other sizes sold out really quickly
The material doesn’t have very much stretch or give, so maybe I would err on the side of tts or bigger ? I could see it being worn oversized and still looking okay. But maybe you can try on other stiffish coats/denim jackets in the store and seeing what size works best.
Btw @spidermann forgot to ask how do you like your coat? 😊

has anyone tried / purchased this set? the linen seems very comfortable but if only H did this in more colors.....

View attachment 5991158View attachment 5991159
I tried the whole set. Not a fan of the short but I took the shirt. They are TTS. The fabric is a bit thick but comfy and breathable. As it is made of blended linen/silk it can get wrinkles easily too

Taking this dress out for its first spin
Happy Monday all :smile:View attachment 5984219
It looks great on you!
I have tried this on, same size and color and I am barely 5’ 3”. I am usually 34 or 36 (outerwear is a different story).
For the petites and shorties amongst us - Belted is the way to go. On me, it was too big so too many folds or gathers at the belted waist and almost constantly fiddling about to get the gathers ‘right’ was just too much to deal with. Length needed to be altered to tea dress length but H tailor advised no because working with the pattern to cut to right length could be tricky.
So I had to say no to the dress :sad:

• Thanks
Reactions: Chrismin