Hermes Ribbon Craft Challenge!

A challenging project, but I like the result. Tote bag made from H ribbon, trimmed in leather and lined in orange flannel with an inside pocket and key fob.

View attachment 5442774View attachment 5442775
@shrpthorn and @Prinipessa - sorry I do not know how to multiqote:

Congratulations! I keep returning to your creations like an addict. I am so utterly fascinated - smitten - by your creativity and artistry. Bravo bravo bravo!
Thank you so much for sharing.

• Thanks
Reactions: shrpthorn
A challenging project, but I like the result. Tote bag made from H ribbon, trimmed in leather and lined in orange flannel with an inside pocket and key fob.

View attachment 5442774View attachment 5442775
WOW. Love this (& I know how long it takes to complete such a project!). Your finishing is amazing. Great choice of Bolduc twilly to decorate your tote. I wanted to use one to finish off my hat but choked at the evil prices for this design on eBay (typically the same price as a new 90!).....

So I had a crafty urge to make DD a curled bow-thing for her hair. She is in bed and I forgot to get a photo... oh well!

So here it is!

I pegged the ribbon onto narrow dowel and lightly sprayed with water and starch. Popped in a warm oven (and forgot about it) and I think it was too long... the beige ink on the grosgrain ribbon melted and was very soft but once cooled it firmed right up again - no worries! I then tied together and used some glue and a clip. Viola! Tres Chic!

ScarfBloke.

ribbon1.jpg

ribbon2.jpg

ribbon3.jpg

ribbon4.jpg

Here's my ribbon craft challenge item - an H-ribbon weave bucket hat decorated with Grand Theatre Nouveau twilly. I got the idea from someone who mentioned it on this thread. It was a VERY challenging project that to be truthful required intermediate crafting & sewing skills plus about ten years worth of ribbons. Cross posting to several threads as I am very proud of my creation and so am trolling for as many "Likes" as possible as a pseudo reward. :biggrin: It really was a very time consuming and challenging project
Fabulous, Shrpthorn.

Reactions: shrpthorn
So I had a crafty urge to make DD a curled bow-thing for her hair. She is in bed and I forgot to get a photo... oh well!

So here it is!

I pegged the ribbon onto narrow dowel and lightly sprayed with water and starch. Popped in a warm oven (and forgot about it) and I think it was too long... the beige ink on the grosgrain ribbon melted and was very soft but once cooled it firmed right up again - no worries! I then tied together and used some glue and a clip. Viola! Tres Chic!

ScarfBloke.

View attachment 5581501

View attachment 5581502

View attachment 5581503

View attachment 5581504
This is adorable! Very creative!