Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

If I liked exotics I'd definitely take that on! Hermes should do it unless it's been repaired/repainted by non-H companies. If it's a very vintage bag, as it appears to be, that can be a distinct possibility. But I do think there are reputable third-party vendors willing to do it--the one I'm thinking of in California (but am unsure if I can say the name due to possible solicitation rules here) was an H artisan for over a decade. Good luck, I say take the gamble!
I will ask the seller! It's on an auction site and they put up very little information. I think I would want to stick with Hermes, because if anyone else works on it, they never will again. How much would something like that cost?

Not insane, but certainly an exercise in extreme patience as this bag would likely spend several months at Spa. What can be repaired is really at your discretion (taking budget into account) and the discretion of the craftsperson working on the bag. If the seller has more pictures, seeing those would help give us a better idea of what specific repairs the bag may need.
Hey, for such a rare exotic skin, I can wait as long as needed! What would suck, is if they got it (assuming no third party had ever touched it), and said they couldn't replace the handles.

I have a question! Would it be insane to buy this trashed bag for around 1k-1.5k, and send it in for repairs? Would they even fix it?View attachment 5966520
I'd check the rest of the bag very very carefully! You'll spend far more on replacing the handle than the bag cost you and there's little point if there's holes in the corners, severe cracking in the side panels, flap etc.

Hey, for such a rare exotic skin, I can wait as long as needed! What would suck, is if they got it (assuming no third party had ever touched it), and said they couldn't replace the handles.
The handle could definitely be replaced but bear in mind even in a non exotic Handle replacement is one of the most expensive repairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 880 and cravin
I have a question! Would it be insane to buy this trashed bag for around 1k-1.5k, and send it in for repairs? Would they even fix it?View attachment 5966520
Without looking at this bag up close & personal & having to rely on an auction site that is
providing you with very little info/details which can all be subjective, this bag will be having
a nice spa holiday at Hermes & should the bag have been repainted, your money will be spent in vain, JMO
A handle repair is the most difficult to replace by H & as @maxroxxherhandbags , one of the most
expensive repairs from H.
Do you know what the interior looks like? Have those details been disclosed? H does not do any
repairs on the interior of the bag, so if there are stains, ink marks, spots etc, those will remain
as H does not clean the interior of the bag to the best of my knowledge,
Details on corner wear, severe cracking etc as @Tonimichelle points out are worth consideration big time. JMO

Last edited:
I would not call this "trashed", just battered (the handle is trashed).
This bag is always going to have a slight Olsen twins vibe to it, even if you replace the handle (which will cost much more than the bag). If you're okay with that, it will be a very cool bag IF spa will work on it (has no prior non-H repairs). That is certainly an unusually low price (I am assuming you are factoring in all auction fees, duties, etc.).

If you are expecting this ever to approach the look of a brand new bag, I would walk away.

Hi! Is anyone familiar with this update? What does this mean? Are they working on the bag already or is it just in queue to be worked on? I’m wondering how long it will take from this point to collection of the bag.

Thanks in advance!IMG_7136.jpeg

As long as Hermès has available stock of this leather (which I’m sure they do, unless the leather is Caiman maybe), then the handle can be repaired. Frankly, the handle may be the area of least concern with this bag. Again, more pictures would help, but you could be looking at very large sections of leather replacement— both gussets, possibly new sangles, back panel (which includes the front flap). Not to mention, I'm sure the bag will need complete reglazing and restitching in some areas.

If you do decide to purchase the bag and have it sent to Spa, a consultation with the After Sales Representative at your boutique should help give you a clearer idea of what repairs are feasible. But as QF said, if you’re expecting a complete overhaul on your bag, it may be better to walk away.

Hi! Is anyone familiar with this update? What does this mean? Are they working on the bag already or is it just in queue to be worked on? I’m wondering how long it will take from this point to collection of the bag.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 5967025
In format it's identical to the tracking page from all my Apres-Vente emails. Usually the email chain goes like this:

- We have received your item and it will be assessed
(in between here I get a personal email with what needs to be done, pricing, then I respond and say yes please go ahead)
- Your item is in our good hands (this email includes a tracking link)
- Your item is available to pick up

The tracking link usually shows me something like what you are displaying. Mine are in French of course but I have never had "freshening up", I suspect this is related to whatever you requested be done. HTH.

In format it's identical to the tracking page from all my Apres-Vente emails. Usually the email chain goes like this:

- We have received your item and it will be assessed
(in between here I get a personal email with what needs to be done, pricing, then I respond and say yes please go ahead)
- Your item is in our good hands (this email includes a tracking link)
- Your item is available to pick up

The tracking link usually shows me something like what you are displaying. Mine are in French of course but I have never had "freshening up", I suspect this is related to whatever you requested be done. HTH.
This is great reference! Thank you!

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Does anyone know this: If the sangles of a 2016 Kelly have been replaced by the Hermes Spa Service, will there be any stamp on the replacement sangles?
That is up to the artisans. Sometimes replacement straps come back with no stamps at all, which sometimes upsets people, or with the current year stamp. I believe but am not 100% certain that they cannot/will not use an old year stamp on a new piece of leather, resulting in the above.

That is up to the artisans. Sometimes replacement straps come back with no stamps at all, which sometimes upsets people, or with the current year stamp. I believe but am not 100% certain that they cannot/will not use an old year stamp on a new piece of leather, resulting in the above.
Thanks, it does make sense not to stamp it. I bought a Kelly that has replaced sangles (still waiting for it to arrive), it comes with the original sales receipt but not the receipt from the spa. I just wondered why one would not keep that...