Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Hi! Is anyone familiar with this update? What does this mean? Are they working on the bag already or is it just in queue to be worked on? I’m wondering how long it will take from this point to collection of the bag.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 5967025
i dropped my bag off in NYC last week and got this same update today. they gave me a timeline estimate of the bag being ready in August…of course i’m hoping to have it back sooner. What timeline did they give you? Please update if you get new info :smile:

Sounds like there is quite a backlog... I'm based in NYC and dropped off my bag 12/29/23, and have yet to hear back re an estimate. The after-sales request tracking website still shows: "Your Hermès object has just made a stopover in the workshop. Our craftspeople will take care of finding the best remedy and come back to you soon." :oh:

Sounds like there is quite a backlog... I'm based in NYC and dropped off my bag 12/29/23, and have yet to hear back re an estimate. The after-sales request tracking website still shows: "Your Hermès object has just made a stopover in the workshop. Our craftspeople will take care of finding the best remedy and come back to you soon." :oh:
interesting! what does your screenshot look like? i went from “first steps”/first dot to “exceptional care”/fourth dot quite fast no clue though what that means for the overall timeline…IMG_5463.jpeg

It is unwise to give too much weight to comparisons unless you know that you are comparing like with like. There are too many variables.
It is unlikely that many of the submissions relate to a simple clean and freshen up spa.
When something else needs to be assessed other factors come into play:
location; availability of resident artisans; if the item has to be sent to another centre; if the item has to be sent to Paris; the nature of the work needed; the exact specifications of the item.
Consequently various pro forma messages will be used as appropriate.

I had a very long wait too. . .And then after waiting many many months more, post estimate, they completed one bag, but forgot to work onthe second bag, I submitted. . . Since it was their mistake, the turn around was very fast.

Reactions: jlee63
you are right to wonder
but here is a straightforward explanation
the original sales receipt for several thousand dollars/euros/pounds was kept for proof of purchase or ownership for insurance purposes
the receipt for spa was just an incidental expense and the owner did not need to keep it
That is a valid point, I was just wondering because if the spa included new handle, new hardware and sangles, the expense must have been quite substantial

interesting! what does your screenshot look like? i went from “first steps”/first dot to “exceptional care”/fourth dot quite fast no clue though what that means for the overall timeline…View attachment 5970026
My page looks just like yours! I sent my bag in for piping touch-up, zipper replacement, and hardware replacement if that helps. Will update when I hear back as it's been nearly 4 mo since drop-off.
Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 8.23.11 PM.png

Reactions: rmwinn
The receipt wouldn't show this. Not in my experiences anyway. It just shows a single line item with a generic description and total cost. No breakdown.
I think I’ve sometimes had itemized lines, and sometimes had single lines (both spa and hardware replacement)
All at Madison. I’m not actually sure how organized they are lol :lol:

ETA: I’ve also had Kelly Handle replacement, but it was a long time ago 2009 maybe. And, I think the receipt may have been hand written by Claude or Andre

• Insightful
Reactions: js1234 and caruava
because this was specified in the ad
you did not tell us that

it would have added a considerable amount to the spa invoice

regardless, some people are much better than others at discarding unnecessary receipts; all that might have been important to the owner would have been the original purchase receipt to prove ownership and value

Reactions: js1234