Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Thanks for your input and advice all :smile:
It's great to have a community like this to learn from!

I've been told by VC the seller was listed as a 'professional seller' and they let me return the item. I reported these issues immediately on the day I received the package, hope the seller doesn't try to dispute these defects. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth refund process. I'll keep you posted :smile:

In the first place this should be a matter for VC Quality Control.
If QC agrees with you, the seller should have no option to dispute your claim if the condition does not match the description given and the relevant parts of the bag were not shown on the listing.
You should have a good outcome - but brook no nonsense!

wondering if anyone ever dropped off a bag at the sf or ny store and had the bag mailed to you? I don't live in neither of those cities, and I am going to drop off the bag at SF on my next trip. Do I have no choice but to go to the store again to pick up?

wondering if anyone ever dropped off a bag at the sf or ny store and had the bag mailed to you? I don't live in neither of those cities, and I am going to drop off the bag at SF on my next trip. Do I have no choice but to go to the store again to pick up?

I'd call the store and ask to speak to someone in After Sales (the official name of the department that takes care of spa work) and ask them this question directly. The people at the SF store are very friendly, like most San Franciscans (just being a bit biased :smile: ).

• Haha
Reactions: masanmasan
Hi all,
I just purchased my first vintage hermes crocodile kelly 28 bag from vestiaire and just received my package. This bag is beautiful but there are some defects the seller did not mention in their listing and Vestiaire wasn't able to catch before sending it on to me....
View attachment 5035531View attachment 5035532
A cut on the left side of the bag on the inside of the flap. And leather is scuffed on the right side strap.

View attachment 5035529View attachment 5035528
I'm not sure if it's glue or stitching but it's a bit loose on the left side of the end of the handle.
Also, not sure if they do this in the Spa but the hermes logo looks a bit wonky, do they repaint that part?

I love the bag but was wondering if these defects are able to be fixed by the spa? If not I'll return this item to vestiaire...

Hope you can help me with this, thanks in advance!!
Small update -
Received a message back from vestiaire stating the bag does not meet the original quality as stated by the seller and they’ve processed a full refund :smile:

Thanks for your reply! It might really take a long time, but oh well, better now that there is no where to go anyway...

FYI - I just received an email from the Bond St store saying my Kelly is ready for collection once they reopen on 12 April. I handed the bag over on 17 October 2020 - so that is a total of 6months, however it could have been less time because the store had no guarantee of reopening date until recently.

Hello ladies need your opinion.

i just bought my first birkin(preloved) from a reputable seller in Singapore. It is a Birkin 35 Rouge Pivoine Clemence w/ PHW stamped P (2012).And was authenticated by Real Authentication. The bag is in pristine condition from the outside aside from a small pen mark that was scratched due to the previous owner trying to remove the pen mark. Aside from this i noticed some cracking of leather along one side of the interior stitching and a a small chipped off leather which was also in the interior. Is it a normal wear & tear or should i be concern about it? Attaching photos for reference. Thanks everyone.☺️

Attachments

• 3F24B666-A450-4B1B-B28E-0222A0FA3484.jpeg
    3F24B666-A450-4B1B-B28E-0222A0FA3484.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 69EB1288-30DC-46AF-8106-8FDA78640A5A.jpeg
    69EB1288-30DC-46AF-8106-8FDA78640A5A.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 92E85D03-9BF5-4110-B370-DC9CAD7698BC.jpeg
    92E85D03-9BF5-4110-B370-DC9CAD7698BC.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 79
I got a 2000 fjord noir B35 and it looks to be in pretty good condition aside from the hardware being scratched and a little bit of shape relaxation. And maybe a slight crack at the handle where the resin is.

But do you guys know if I can change the piping that looks a little bit wavy on both sides of the front panel? It contributes to the relaxation of the bag and I’m wondering if spar could change that as an option.

And would you guys change the hardware in order to make it really sing.... ahhh options!!

7CA63629-752F-4F9C-8428-F2013E66DFD8.jpeg

3E2B3907-B142-49A4-B271-78E640436895.jpeg

B659C91C-8438-4185-9413-577E098E289D.jpeg

FF8C741F-3C63-4011-9A95-A066103EEFA2.jpeg

After writing the paragraph below, I realised that the first thing to be said is that it is lovely bag as it is.

This bag is 20 years old. Do not expect it to have the appearance of a bag that is 20 days old.
All things change over time. The piping does look unusually wavy in places and I do wonder what caused that. Do you understand that to change the piping the bag would have to be completely disassembled?
That would be hours of work. Leather is a soft natural material. If, over time, it has stretched as the bag has relaxed, I doubt that taking it to pieces and resewing would bring the result you desire.
Why subject it to such an assault.

Nonetheless do send it to spa as leather always benefits from conditioning. Hermes artisans like to work on older bags; have the hardware replaced if that is the look you want; seek Hermes advice on the piping; Hermes can work miracles.
You will receive an itemised costed estimate. You can then opt for whatever recommendations you wish to have done.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
After writing the paragraph below, I realised that the first thing to be said is that it is lovely bag as it is.

This bag is 20 years old. Do not expect it to have the appearance of a bag that is 20 days old.
All things change over time. The piping does look unusually wavy in places and I do wonder what caused that. Do you understand that to change the piping the bag would have to be completely disassembled?
That would be hours of work. Leather is a soft natural material. If, over time, it has stretched as the bag has relaxed, I doubt that taking it to pieces and resewing would bring the result you desire.
Why subject it to such an assault.

Nonetheless do send it to spa as leather always benefits from conditioning. Hermes artisans like to work on older bags; have the hardware replaced if that is the look you want; seek Hermes advice on the piping; Hermes can work miracles.
You will receive an itemised costed estimate. You can then opt for whatever recommendations you wish to have done.

Thank you for your kind words and insight. I realized the waviness in the piping is due to repeated/prolonged collapsing of the bag (or being flattened forward) over time. It just folds down so readily.

But you’re right. I don’t want to assault the bag with my unrealistic standards. Knowing what caused it relieved some of the tension, thankfully. :smile:

I think I will spa her soon, but until then can I use Cadillac conditioner to get some moisture and to clean the surface and interior a bit, or is that going to be a conflict with spa later?

Last edited:
Reactions: ali74
I tried to search through this thread and the rest of the forum, but information seems hard to find. Has anyone taken a bright or light colored Grizzly or Doblis (suede) item which is just dirty from use to the Spa for cleaning? If so, have the results been generally good? I know suede that's just dirty from use can generally be cleaned, but to varying degrees of satisfaction, just looking to see if anyone has any direct experience with this and the H Spa.

I got a 2000 fjord noir B35 and it looks to be in pretty good condition aside from the hardware being scratched and a little bit of shape relaxation. And maybe a slight crack at the handle where the resin is.

But do you guys know if I can change the piping that looks a little bit wavy on both sides of the front panel? It contributes to the relaxation of the bag and I’m wondering if spar could change that as an option.

And would you guys change the hardware in order to make it really sing.... ahhh options!!

View attachment 5056709

View attachment 5056711

View attachment 5056712

View attachment 5056713
Personally I wouldn't change the hardware. I think it looks good as it is.
I'd spend money instead on having the resin redone and a general clean.

Thank you for your kind words and insight. I realized the waviness in the piping is due to repeated/prolonged collapsing of the bag (or being flattened forward) over time. It just folds down so readily.

But you’re right. I don’t want to assault the bag with my unrealistic standards. Knowing what caused it relieved some of the tension, thankfully. :smile:

I think I will spa her soon, but until then can I use Cadillac conditioner to get some moisture and to clean the surface and interior a bit, or is that going to be a conflict with spa later?

This comes from the Reference Section of this site referring to Fjord and similar leathers

Conditioning> These are modern tanned leathers and never require heavy conditioners (avoid heavy waxy or oily type products on these leathers as they can break down the finish) , Meltonian All Purpose and Other light lotion type leather conditioners work best just google and search and always test a small hidden area first.

Reactions: SanDiegoStyle78

I think some members didn't have problem with spa after using colorless conditioner, BUT I personally wouldn't risk it on a B (did so on a Barenia Evy, vintage, didn't plan on sending to spa). And I agree with everyone. Your bag is stunning, I'd only do the resin, cleaning and conditioning at spa. Hardware replacement isn't worth it imo. Unless you leave on the stickers (bad for the hardware) it will scratch up very quickly again. And I feel the vintage pieces have a richer gold tone.