Hermès New York City Stores

But when the SA puts an appt into the system don’t you get an email confirmation from Hermes? I always do, as well as a text confirmation from Hermes. So my SA and I text each other to set up an appt, then she enters it into the system - I assume to show she is busy and cannot be booked by others - then I get an email/text from the company. Always.

Does everyone always get email confirmations of appts with their SA? This is the first time I’ve gotten one for my 5th appt with him so wondering if they’re cracking down with appt length
It seems to be variable. Sometimes I get an email confirmation and sometimes I don't. I'm not sure why. I also communicate mostly with my SAs via text and set up the appt via text. Only get an email confirmation sometimes.

But when the SA puts an appt into the system don’t you get an email confirmation from Hermes? I always do, as well as a text confirmation from Hermes. So my SA and I text each other to set up an appt, then she enters it into the system - I assume to show she is busy and cannot be booked by others - then I get an email/text from the company. Always.
That's interesting. I have never got any emails for appointments; I guess it all varies.

In my experience, I do not communicate with my SA via emails at all. We only do it via text messages. I think most people in Madison maison communicate with their SAs via text messages.

It seems to be variable. Sometimes I get an email confirmation and sometimes I don't. I'm not sure why. I also communicate mostly with my SAs via text and set up the appt via text. Only get an email confirmation sometimes.

I received an email confirmation the one time I made an appointment with an SA at the Wall Street location. I don’t get them from Madison though
Thanks everyone! We also only communicate via text so this was the first I’d seen it. Was hoping to shop around departments so didn’t want to feel rushed! Hoping it’s a first because it’s a bag ;) (jk)

oh I don't think an email confirmation means a bag, lol. I know you're kidding. :smile: Although you could get lucky!
Haha yes kidding! (But still wishing).

I’m still working towards that first QB and have been traveling so wanted to use this trip to check out several items I’ve been eying. I thought the email might have meant they were cracking down on appt length so was going to prep myself to not impulse buy!

In my experience, I do not communicate with my SA via emails at all. We only do it via text messages. I think most people in Madison maison communicate with their SAs via text messages.
Text too

But perhaps those who make appts through the store /concierge may get email confirmation?

FYI, today was the first day of appts for men’s MtM at Madison. Some of the sizes are smaller (for women who might be interested in men’s RTW for themselves). I only picked up a back up short sleeved hoodie shirt size 38 (they were out of my size 37, but will alter it to size 37 measurements).

DH was pinned (and bought) for a window pane wool top coat aprox 6700 USD ; a navy sports coat aprox 8500 USD; a wool cardigan; and a pair of trousers (all MtM) Prices are approximate, and I mention them bc they are relatively reasonable compared to some recent womens RTW prices. If any women are interested in pants, in last seasons women’s cargos, I took a size 36. In this seasons mens chinos (leather trimmed pockets, I took a 38)

The head tailor is there from Paris and will be back in Sept.

ETA: the coats and jackets are a more tailored sartorial fit than the usual oversized RTW outerwear (so if one is normally a men’s 48 or 50, try that size first)

Last edited:

I’m still working towards that first QB and have been traveling so wanted to use this trip to check out several items I’ve been eying. I thought the email might have meant they were cracking down on appt length so was going to prep myself to not impulse buy!
lol I don't think the email confirmation means anything. I sometimes get confirmations and I sometimes don't, and it's not correlated with bag offers or how long I shop with my SA (usually hours lol). So I wouldn't read too much into it. Just shop as you normally would!

• Insightful
Reactions: haute okole and 880

I don’t think so - about appointment length I mean. I have found that we usually go 1.5-2hours. I keep track of time and at 1 hr if I still have shopping to do I ask if my SA has another appointment or it’s ok to look at something else.

I am not even buying that much. I find it takes a loooong time for them to find things in the back and going back and forth between departments.

• Insightful
Reactions: Bdbunny and 880
After reading all these posts about appointments, I’m going to consider going to the Madison Avenue location as a walk in. I made an appointment and went to the meatpacking location recently. Not sure if I didn’t connect with the SA because I’m a new customer or she just couldn’t be bothered. The appointment lasted less than 15min if that long. I knew I would likely walk out empty handed in terms of a non quota bag but thought I’d build a relationship and perhaps buy something else. She couldn’t get me me out of there fast enough. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Letter
After reading all these posts about appointments, I’m going to consider going to the Madison Avenue location as a walk in. I made an appointment and went to the meatpacking location recently. Not sure if I didn’t connect with the SA because I’m a new customer or she just couldn’t be bothered. The appointment lasted less than 15min if that long. I knew I would likely walk out empty handed in terms of a non quota bag but thought I’d build a relationship and perhaps buy something else. She couldn’t get me me out of there fast enough. Any suggestions?
What happened? You asked for something, she had it, you bought it, and left? What was the item? Did you ask for anything else?

I think it probably has more to do with the SA vs the store itself. I've shopped at Meatpacking before for hours too lol.
And like @Letter said, it's a lot of waiting around, as they run up and down getting stuff, trying it on, waiting again for them to grab something else...

• Sad
Reactions: Letter and highend
What happened? You asked for something, she had it, you bought it, and left? What was the item? Did you ask for anything else?

I think it probably has more to do with the SA vs the store itself. I've shopped at Meatpacking before for hours too lol.
And like @Letter said, it's a lot of waiting around, as they run up and down getting stuff, trying it on, waiting again for them to grab something else...
I booked an appointment online indicating what I was looking for (a garden party in blues or a neutral colore). I also indicated I was interested in building a relationship with an SA as a new client. I showed up. Brought a small leather Kelly item that I had been given previously as a gift with me (still new) and verbalized I was hoping to find a bag to match or in a similar tone. I said I had an interest in a garden party as I know a Kelly isn’t realistic. She took a picture said if she finds something she’d let me know. Didn’t seem interested in discussing options or anything other than suggesting a herbag or picotin (no to the herbag, maybe picotin). She didn’t seem interested so when asked if there was anything else I was interested in, I just said no politely and left. I saw nothing. I didn’t necessarily expect to see swatches but I was at least hoping to discuss colors or possibilities. Maybe I expected too much.