Hermès CHYPRE sandals

So I was so excited to get my Chypre sandals, and I took them with me on my Singapore trip to take full advantage of sandal weather. I got myself a fresh pedicure and was ready to rock these throughout my entire holiday.

Good LORD they HURT… I don’t know if it’s because mine are Epsom leather, but the top strap has basically cut into my skin, scraping it to the point of bleeding. I tried to be a big boy about it and continued to wear it out for a full two days, but it’s become unbearable.

I’m fervently praying that the top strap will soften with time, but until then, I’m going to have to succumb to the trend that’s been going on for the past few years of normcore-ing these bad boys by pairing them with socks…

Le sigh…

View attachment 5396685

At least I have pretty Giambattista Valli socks…
My assistant brought these sandals and had the same thing happen-His toes were wrapped in plasters for ages but eventually they did soften up and happily by the time his toes healed up he was able to wear them comfortably.
It really put me off purchasing a pair tho because I have wide feet and I dont persevere with shoes that rub.
Good luck with them!

So I was so excited to get my Chypre sandals, and I took them with me on my Singapore trip to take full advantage of sandal weather. I got myself a fresh pedicure and was ready to rock these throughout my entire holiday.

Good LORD they HURT… I don’t know if it’s because mine are Epsom leather, but the top strap has basically cut into my skin, scraping it to the point of bleeding. I tried to be a big boy about it and continued to wear it out for a full two days, but it’s become unbearable.

I’m fervently praying that the top strap will soften with time, but until then, I’m going to have to succumb to the trend that’s been going on for the past few years of normcore-ing these bad boys by pairing them with socks…

Le sigh…

View attachment 5396685

oh no I’m scared now.. try moisturizing a lot before wearing? May help a bit?:flowers:

I just managed to snatch a pair in my exact size in the sable pair… I hope I can fit as my feet is really narrow width wise.. anyone knows if the length differs by a lot between sizes?

Here’s the link if anyone else is interested!:heart: Would also like to thank everyone in helping out with my hunt!!:yahoo:

Last edited:

Le sigh…

View attachment 5396685

Don't want to bear bad news but I have the same and it doesn't go away. So my routine is wear them-cut my skin-heal-wear them-cut my skin and so on. True fashion victim:shocked: Hope yours will get better in time! I've had mine since last year.

• Sad
Reactions: jellyfred
Don't want to bear bad news but I have the same and it doesn't go away. So my routine is wear them-cut my skin-heal-wear them-cut my skin and so on. True fashion victim:shocked: Hope yours will get better in time! I've had mine since last year.
Thanks. I’m going to try out a corn pad on the specific spot on each strap that’s chafing me and see if that will help at all…

Reactions: EmilyM11
oh no I’m scared now.. try moisturizing a lot before wearing? May help a bit?:flowers:

I just managed to snatch a pair in my exact size in the sable pair… I hope I can fit as my feet is really narrow width wise.. anyone knows if the length differs by a lot between sizes?

Here’s the link if anyone else is interested!:heart: Would also like to thank everyone in helping out with my hunt!!:yahoo:

unfortunately they're not great for narrow feet IMO --- they are pretty wide, especially if you size up to accommodate length. and you can tighten it with the velcro strap, but then the ends don't match up and the shoes start to look cheap-re instead of chypre

Well, with necessity being the mother of all inventions, I managed to find a solution to my Chypre dilemma.

I got some corn pads, but instead of sticking them to the top of my foot, I stuck them to the offending parts of the straps, and I’m happy to say it’s working! My feet are still killing me right now since they need time to heal, but I can wear the sandals now without discomfort!
9A5D3232-5AF6-40F0-9C92-C71FA468FB92.jpeg35E636EC-C702-430D-BAD9-540865EA3875.jpeg